Best Xbox 360 Game?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Best Xbox 360 Game?
« Previous Page
Fanboy 1988
4/19/07 11:56:05AM
The X-box360 games I enjoy the most are Oblivion, Gears of War, and Fight Night Round 3.. For story I would say Oblivions the best, it's got a nice open sandbox type style to, alot like Grand Theft Auto if it took place in the medevil ages... But there's no multiplayer mode, which kinda sucks

For multiplayer, it's hard to say which ones better between Gears of War or Fight Night, if I had to say, I would go with Gears of War, but Fight Night's awsome online to.
shackle
4/19/07 2:56:43PM
FPS suck on console people flip out like they are awesome. They must of never had a good gaming PC. If your crazy for games like halo.

Halo is just a simple FPS it's nothing a PC gamer hasn't saw before. I think halo, and console FPS are sooooooooooo overrated. When they add a mouse+keyboard option to a xbox 360 I may play a FPS. No long time PC gamer likes the controllers.

I got tons of games for my 360 (modded hehe), and none of them keep me playing much. Dead rising is pretty cool though.

Fight night is the only one keeping me playing. I'm hoping the UFC game coming soon rocks. Consoles are good with some games, and not as good for others. Thats just the way it is till they add more controller options.

FPS + RTS (anything that requires precision/aiming OR quick moves) = PC

action, fighting, sports, and ect (anything that just works better with a controller) = Consoles

Quite honestly I wished they would stop with all the FPS games thats all they freaking make!

Mastodon2
4/19/07 6:47:18PM
I was a long time PC FPS gamer before FPS really took off on consoles (Halo II on Xbox live) and there is no doubt about it, the pad is just smoother and more precise. Its much more suited to FPS gaming than the clunky old Keyboard + mouse set up, but there is a cult of PC owners who just wont give up the ghost and still rave about that set up like its some unbeatable phenomenon.
Gogoplata
4/20/07 12:35:10PM

Posted by Mastodon2

I was a long time PC FPS gamer before FPS really took off on consoles (Halo II on Xbox live) and there is no doubt about it, the pad is just smoother and more precise. Its much more suited to FPS gaming than the clunky old Keyboard + mouse set up, but there is a cult of PC owners who just wont give up the ghost and still rave about that set up like its some unbeatable phenomenon.

Don't get me wrong, I love Halo 2, I still play it daily. But having a mouse can make you so much more accurate. I love Halo 2 becaue the controls are easy and simple and can be picked up by almost anyone and played on a beginner's level. The thing that makes Halo 2 so incredible though, is the party system and matchmaking system. There is not another game on the market that has the ease of multiplayer like Halo 2 does, PC or console. Their Matchmaking system is better than anything I have seen.
Mastodon2
4/20/07 12:50:14PM
Yeah I think more 360 game developers should be adopting their match making system. Maybe Bungee Copyrighted it or something, because despite being great, no other games have yet featured that system
shackle
4/20/07 2:40:32PM
I like pcs and consoles, but there is NO way in hell a pad is more " smoother and precise" What kind of PC are you playing on?!?

You using a old ball mouse are something?

Even getting use to the pad, and being able to use it well. It's still no were never a mouse. You guys will find this out if they start the pc gamers are able to play 360 via live soon like Microsoft has been talking about.

Microsoft has made a statement that the reason that Mouse like controllers or pc vs xbox 360 hasn't happen yet due to PC gamers having a unfair advantage.

I asked the company that made a mouse like controller for the PS2 why they haven't done one for the xbox, and thats what they told me. here is the mouse they made, and I beleave it's out right now:

EDIT: looks like it's for the ps3 and it's called the Split Fish PS3 FragFX.

Posted by Mastodon2

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
iwannabesedated
4/20/07 3:02:28PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Ive been playing guitar for 4 years, and GH disgusts me, its a pale imitation of actual guitar, and the song selection is always poor. They are meant to have "hard" songs, but they still just feature rock and metal.

Not even a hint of Jazz or Indian classical, which would actually live up to the name of "hard"

games are all about FUN...no matter if its imitating or not imitating real life.i play madden but im not a 6ft8 WR...but i still play cause its fun.i like tiger woods golf and guitar hero ...im not tiger nor am i eddie van halen...but i like them cause their fun and u buy some beer play some games and have fun..and WHO ?? wants to hear or play indian or jazz music on a video game...im american i like my punk rock and my metal..so any game with everything from the ramones to RHCP to ozzy to pantera to rage....thats a pretty sweet song list..so i dunno maybe u should rock to cab callaway and indian bohemith shit on your ipod mini...word
Trapt1nw0nder
4/20/07 6:11:40PM

Posted by shackle

FPS suck on console people flip out like they are awesome. They must of never had a good gaming PC. If your crazy for games like halo.

Halo is just a simple FPS it's nothing a PC gamer hasn't saw before. I think halo, and console FPS are sooooooooooo overrated. When they add a mouse+keyboard option to a xbox 360 I may play a FPS. No long time PC gamer likes the controllers.

I got tons of games for my 360 (modded hehe), and none of them keep me playing much. Dead rising is pretty cool though.

Fight night is the only one keeping me playing. I'm hoping the UFC game coming soon rocks. Consoles are good with some games, and not as good for others. Thats just the way it is till they add more controller options.

action, fighting, sports, and ect (anything that just works better with a controller) = Consoles

Quite honestly I wished they would stop with all the FPS games thats all they freaking make!

How the hell do you have a Modded xbox360? is that even possible?...i have a Modded xbox(regular 1)....but i have not heard anything that you can have a modded 360.

Where did you get it,or how did you Mod it,and where can i find out if it is possible?

as for Mouse and keyboard vs a Game Controller.....who cares!

if a Controller vs Controller you will have the same advantages and disadvantages...so its even......plus,im pretty damn good at aiming with my controller..maybe you're not as good as you hope,but im sure you will be surprized if you watch me play Rainbow six Vegas
shackle
4/20/07 6:49:19PM
There are modchips + firmware hacks. I got a chip.

http://digital-misfits.com/

site doesn't look too great but hell he sends you what you pay for.

Tired modding it myself ended up taking 2 360's back to the store lol.

For my mouse+keyboard is way more enjoyable I can play well with a controller, but I don't like to. And it gets boring to me with the controller even once I get the hang of it.

Not saying you can't aim with a controller I'm saying I don't like to, and mouse+keyboard is more enjoyable for me.

PS. if you gonna get a modded xbox shop here to mod it out more http://www.consoleshop.com/

I got the see through case, and addon fans my xbox stays SOOO much cooler. People's xbox's fry, and all you have to do is add better fans to prevent that. (kinda like a PC)

The cases there are bad ass. I got the solid clear one 49.99 xcm it's easy to build too.

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by shackle

How the hell do you have a Modded xbox360? is that even possible?...i have a Modded xbox(regular 1)....but i have not heard anything that you can have a modded 360.

Where did you get it,or how did you Mod it,and where can i find out if it is possible?

if a Controller vs Controller you will have the same advantages and disadvantages...so its even......plus,im pretty damn good at aiming with my controller..maybe you're not as good as you hope,but im sure you will be surprized if you watch me play Rainbow six Vegas

Trapt1nw0nder
4/20/07 7:02:56PM

Posted by shackle

For my mouse+keyboard is way more enjoyable I can play well with a controller, but I don't like to. And it gets boring to me with the controller even once I get the hang of it.

Not saying you can't aim with a controller I'm saying I don't like to, and mouse+keyboard is more enjoyable for me.

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by shackle

So you bought the xbox360 already premodded?...which one? $440 or $475 one?

How do you back-up games for it?.........the modded xbox i have all the games are backed up on the 250gb harddrive it has installed so i never figured out how to make a back up on a dvd
shackle
4/20/07 7:14:29PM
I purchased the custom one

Called: custom 360 under premods

http://www.digital-misfits.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=70&osCsid=6d99f070ad5b867b4b1e13863df6182e

Seems he raised the price a bit :( I got the nme ver 1.2 chip installed.

I like the chip better then a firmware crap cause firmware is more risky, and you have to update it alot.

You burn them with a special (nme iso coverter) tool that changes iso files to work with the chip. You have to use DVD DL disk the 8.5 gb one. (which are pretty high, but not too bad you can get 20 at newegg.com for like 20-30 bucks)

TO copy your own game is hard you have to get a special burner. I won't get into the illegal stuff though cause it may get the BAN.

SO far I've not said anything illegal what they do is up to them :)

this place reviews the modded cases:
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=content&itemid=226

Oh this is what my 360 looks like below not mine but the same:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

How do you back-up games for it?.........the modded xbox i have all the games are backed up on the 250gb harddrive it has installed so i never figured out how to make a back up on a dvd

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4
Mastodon2
4/21/07 7:17:00PM
Thats a pretty Raker looking 360 that, my PC looks like that, but its got a blue acrylic shell with Blue LEDs inside
Gogoplata
4/22/07 7:46:08PM

Posted by shackle

PS. if you gonna get a modded xbox shop here to mod it out more http://www.consoleshop.com/

I got the see through case, and addon fans my xbox stays SOOO much cooler. People's xbox's fry, and all you have to do is add better fans to prevent that. (kinda like a PC)

The cases there are bad ass. I got the solid clear one 49.99 xcm it's easy to build too.

Can you still get on XBox Live with your modded 360? Most people I have talked to cannot get on XBox Live after modding their 360's.
shackle
4/23/07 12:27:26PM
Yes you can. I do all the time.

It's safer to go on live if you patch the ISO's with a stealth file.

Firmware can also, but I think Microsoft will figure out how to get the firmware users one day. Don't know though firmware has been around about 1-2 years now. Firmware is just as good as a chip, but the whole process is very complicated. I picked modchip cause I figure it will be safer in the end.

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by shackle

Can you still get on XBox Live with your modded 360? Most people I have talked to cannot get on XBox Live after modding their 360's.

chentay2112
4/25/07 10:20:38PM
1.saints row (it's just awesome)
2.gears of war
3.lost planet
4.burnout revenge
5. enchanted arms (just started playing it and it's great)
Mastodon2
4/26/07 2:52:26AM
Enchanted Arms is amazing, best RPG Ive played. Its so underrated, and it is long and takes hard work, but it has the greatest ending Ive seen. Its glory is unparalleled!

Hail Enchanted Arms!
tlangley
11/7/07 8:37:01PM
Quake 4 man...Quake 4
jiujitsufreak74
11/8/07 3:17:25PM
GH3

-END OF STORY-

*frickin devil on expert is impossible*
GTS
11/10/07 4:02:55PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

GH3

-END OF STORY-

i'm like stuck on one of the achievements. the lefty to righty hendrex reborn its much harder than i expected to be cuz i'm use to reading the notes left to right but right to left is hard. anyone wanna give me tips on how to get that achievement out of the way?
Mastodon2
11/10/07 6:41:57PM
Right now, Call of Duty 4 is rocking my world!

Also, Warriors Orochi is amazing, I know the Dynasty Warriors / Samurai Warriors games arent popular in Europe or America, but I love them, and Warriors Orochi is like the ultimate game of that engine, and the finale for the engine. The next game will follow the same forumla, but on a new engine, Im excited!
jiujitsufreak74
11/10/07 8:06:47PM

Posted by GTS

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

GH3

-END OF STORY-

i'm like stuck on one of the achievements. the lefty to righty hendrex reborn its much harder than i expected to be cuz i'm use to reading the notes left to right but right to left is hard. anyone wanna give me tips on how to get that achievement out of the way?

get a friend who is lefty to beat it on easy. it is better if he hasn't played the game before because he wouldn't be used to the way the notes go. that's what i did anyway
Taylor8766
11/11/07 9:28:35PM
Gotta go with Bioshock, with Gears of War right behind it, but I think that when Mass Effect comes out it will be #1
xchickox
11/12/07 12:47:45PM
pro evolution soccer 2008 is amazing and so is bioshock

i'm getting assassins creed on friday and it looks amazing

also jericho, and kane and lynch:dead men both look impressive

i played the demo of timeshift yesterday and thats really good, i think the full game will be amazing

i'm not so sure about mass effect

Pages: 1 [2]