Best Xbox 360 Game?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Best Xbox 360 Game?
Next Page »
The_Metal_Maniac
4/11/07 7:03:19PM
Just bought a 360 and I need some ideas for games to buy. Lost of people say Gears of War, and Lost Planet. Any other suggestions?
Gladiator
4/11/07 7:11:22PM
oblivion is good, but some people really dont like it. i thought dead rising was awesome but it gets boring after u beat it the first time.

definitely get gears of war though
Trapt1nw0nder
4/11/07 10:57:20PM
my top 5 are..(besides GeOW,and Lost Planet)

1.Oblivion
2.Dead Rising
3.GRAW
4.Rainbow Six Vegas
5.Saints Row

For Multi player you can never go wrong with sports titles like

Madden..
NBA 2k7..
PGR3..
FIGHT NIGHT R3...

from all these games i would recommend Oblivion....endless gameplay!!!
sfhdsa
4/12/07 12:03:51AM
Get Guitar Hero. You won't want/need to play anything else.
Mastodon2
4/12/07 9:13:16AM
Gears of War is number one, Lost Planet is good but defintely not top 5.

Excluding GOW, here is the top 5 essential titles

1. Rainbow 6 Vegas (beyond incredible)
2. Oblivion
3. Call of Duty III
4. Crackdown
5. F.E.A.R
skiba97
4/12/07 10:49:15AM
Crackdown is the most fun of the games ive played. Pretty short though
ffforgottenx
4/12/07 2:05:30PM
guitar hero =
pick up the real thing

just messing around

im buying a 360 as soon as i find out when fable 2 is coming out.. and that game is all i will need for quite a while
nate22
4/12/07 2:13:36PM
Battlefield.
Mastodon2
4/12/07 6:48:41PM
Seriously, Guitar Hero is a bland and lifeless imitation. Learn a real instrument.

Battlefield II is good, but only on Xbox Live, the single player campaign is just bland and boring. Its really fun online though.
mma_fan_matt
4/12/07 10:26:02PM
Gears of War for sure. I had Lost Planet but got rid of it.
BWWREPRESENT
4/12/07 11:00:21PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Gears of War is number one, Lost Planet is good but defintely not top 5.

Excluding GOW, here is the top 5 essential titles

1. Rainbow 6 Vegas (beyond incredible)
2. Oblivion
3. Call of Duty III
4. Crackdown
5. F.E.A.R

FEAR is the worst freakin game i have ever played i think Gears of War and Oblivion were fun games but Gears is by far the best
mrsumo
4/12/07 11:23:46PM
Gears of War lives up to the hype. I can't wait for Command and Conquer 3, tiberium wars. Or the new GTA.
sfhdsa
4/13/07 1:11:55AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Seriously, Guitar Hero is a bland and lifeless imitation. Learn a real instrument.

Isn't that what all video games are for? To imitate real life.

Mastodon2
4/13/07 6:31:12AM

Posted by sfhdsa

Isn't that what all video games are for? To imitate real life.

Er...no...

Which part of real life does Gears of War imitate? Or Oblivion, or Final Fantasy for that matter?

Gaming is meant to be an escape from reality, not an imitation of it.

The only games that recreate reality these days are realistic war games, some sports sims and some driving sims.
skiba97
4/13/07 12:01:35PM
Ive been playing guitar for like 4 years now, but i still think guitar heros one of the funnest games around, ive only got it for playstation but its my favourite game after pro evo to play with your friends over.
Mastodon2
4/13/07 1:26:19PM
Ive been playing guitar for 4 years, and GH disgusts me, its a pale imitation of actual guitar, and the song selection is always poor. They are meant to have "hard" songs, but they still just feature rock and metal.

Not even a hint of Jazz or Indian classical, which would actually live up to the name of "hard"
xchickox
4/13/07 1:41:01PM
gears of war easily wins

i've been playing virtua tennis 3 with my mate recently and its right good

to be honest x-box 360 wont matter at the end of this month when the best game ever comes out....god of war 2 (cant wait)
Mastodon2
4/13/07 7:04:00PM
God of War II the best game ever?!

Yeah sure, and Elvis Sinosic is the p4p best MMA fighter in the world!
xchickox
4/13/07 11:28:29PM

Posted by Mastodon2

yeah for gameplay and storyline its gonna be amazing
Trapt1nw0nder
4/14/07 12:35:16AM
Where you from?....God of War ll already came out....here in USA at least..
Trapt1nw0nder
4/14/07 12:42:12AM

Posted by Mastodon2

stop being a hater man....you need to respect peoples opinions...you always have something to say..

God of War ll is in alot of peoples Best list....... Gamespot rated it s 9.2....i havent played part 2 yet,but i thought part 1 was amazing and easily on my top 5 games of last gen..

Mastodon2
4/14/07 7:36:14AM
Im sorry but the crude graphics are gonna hold it back, the PS2 just cant make good looking games.

I liked the first God of War a lot, but everytime I look back at PS2 games Im just turned off by the bland textures, low polgon count and jagged edges on everything. Maybe I've been playing Gears of War and Rainbow 6 Vegas too much
xchickox
4/14/07 10:59:05PM
it doesn't come out for another 2 weeks over here, you might be right...but i just cant wait for it now, for me the only game that comes close to being as good or better than god of war 1 is metal gear solid-snake eater
johny_rotten
4/15/07 11:19:12PM
I just got Gears of War yesterday, and I am pretty amazed. Best "un-real" next generation graphics yet. Would be the best all together graphics if it wasn't for Vegas. Great game play in the single player, and it is the best online game yet. My buddy 200 miles away was playing the single player missions with me. I don' think any on-line game has ever done that before.

Out side of Gears I have really liked Call Of Duty 3, NHL 2K7, and Tiger '07 isn't awfull. Not quite next gen, but a lot closer. I have never been a fan of wrestleing on TV, but I love the THQ games. Smackdown vs Raw is pretty amazing if you have liked any of the games in the past.
Mastodon2
4/16/07 3:41:33AM

Posted by johny_rotten

I just got Gears of War yesterday, and I am pretty amazed. Best "un-real" next generation graphics yet. Would be the best all together graphics if it wasn't for Vegas. Great game play in the single player, and it is the best online game yet. My buddy 200 miles away was playing the single player missions with me. I don' think any on-line game has ever done that before.

Out side of Gears I have really liked Call Of Duty 3, NHL 2K7, and Tiger '07 isn't awfull. Not quite next gen, but a lot closer. I have never been a fan of wrestleing on TV, but I love the THQ games. Smackdown vs Raw is pretty amazing if you have liked any of the games in the past.

Do you play your 360 in an HDTV?

The graphics in Gears of War are "better", I have to say, at least in terms of polygon on screen count, more highly detailed textures and greater draw distance with less aggressive poylgon cutbacks at a distance.

However, R6 Vegas has amazing Live play, Team Survival is just immense, and I love the massive weapons locker you get to play around with.
waylon_o
4/16/07 4:48:58PM
Splinter Cell: double agent, Rainbow Six, Battlefield 2 (online), GUN
Ultimate_fighter
4/16/07 7:39:04PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

my top 5 are..(besides GeOW,and Lost Planet)

1.Oblivion
2.Dead Rising
3.GRAW
4.Rainbow Six Vegas
5.Saints Row

For Multi player you can never go wrong with sports titles like

Madden..
NBA 2k7..
PGR3..
FIGHT NIGHT R3...

from all these games i would recommend Oblivion....endless gameplay!!!

NO NO NO NO... GET FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3 FOR SURE!! NO MATTER WHAT. NOT GRAW OR DEADRISING!!! SAINTS ROW IS AWESOME NBA 2K7 SUCKS!! GET FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3 THO FOR SURE,,, THAT WAS MY FIRST GAME, SO!!!!
Mastodon2
4/17/07 7:31:53AM

Posted by waylon_o

I just 100%'d Gun the other night, was a fun game, but was just a blatant port of the Xbox version. Great game back in its day, but it doesnt stand up to todays games.

Battlefield II is immense online though, I love playing as the Chinese on the Harbour level and sniping all those yankees
Gogoplata
4/18/07 7:11:20PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by waylon_o

I just 100%'d Gun the other night, was a fun game, but was just a blatant port of the Xbox version. Great game back in its day, but it doesnt stand up to todays games.

Battlefield II is immense online though, I love playing as the Chinese on the Harbour level and sniping all those yankees

I have a 360 and I still play Halo 2 non-stop. GRAW 2, Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Crackdown, Fight Night Round 3, all good games. But Halo 2 will always be #1 in my heart even though it's an original XBox game.
mmadb
4/19/07 8:33:17AM
I have like 30 360 games and I've only play a handful of them at this point and it will be awhile before I play anything other than Guitar Hero 2. It was the reason I bout a 360 this past winter, in preperation for GH2.

NHL 2K7 is ok but the AI is terrible
Tiger Wood 07 is more of the same but I've always enjoyed the game
Far Cry Instincts Predator is more fun than I thought it's be
Ridge Racer 6 sucks donkey nuts
Project Gothan Racing 3 is pretty good
Gun is fun although short and easy
GRAW1 seems good but I'm not a fan of the genre so I wouldn't know.

I think those are the only ones I've actually played that I have. It's a shame I have all the big name games and just haven't got around to it.
Pages: [1] 2