Best Weight Class in UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Best Weight Class in UFC
iwannabesedated
4/8/07 8:51:04PM
not sure if there is a thread of this before
but.

what weight class do you think is the most exciting right now in the UFC?

obviously the HW picked up with Cro cop BIG NOG and Couture

but right now im feeling the LW.. Huerta vs Garcia has to be my fight of 07 so far and now u got Penn at LW with Pulver Joe Daddy Sherk Kenflo Melvin Huerta..etc........i think alot of the LW fights are gonna be awesome.Im glad they brought LW back.
BWWREPRESENT
4/8/07 9:04:29PM
definatley Welter weight at least thats the most exciting

Diego Sanchez, Matt Serra, GSP, Matt Hughes, Josh Kosheck, Drew Fickett, Josh Neer, Kit Cope, BJ Penn, Jens Pulver, Sean Sherk, Frank Trigg

i know some are lightweight but everyone knows they can be welter
JimiMak
4/8/07 10:08:48PM
I think there is more going on in WW and that it has been the deepest most exciting division in the big two for a long time. However I've always been a fan of LW's and always thought that div is so exciting. Glad the big 2 have added that in the last while, also really excited about the 145 WEC division. Can't wait to see some of those fights. Hard to pick a best div, I've gotta say the weakest (in ufc) is MW, however that is thick in PRIDE so hopefully the talent pool will spread a little more evenly.
BadSanta
4/8/07 10:13:18PM
It's generally accepted that the welterweight division is stacked with talent in the UFC. I'd put lightweight right behind it, then heavyweight, light heavyweight and middleweight bringing up the rear.
ncordless
4/8/07 11:47:15PM

Posted by BWWREPRESENT

Diego Sanchez, Matt Serra, GSP, Matt Hughes, Josh Kosheck, Drew Fickett, Josh Neer, Kit Cope, BJ Penn, Jens Pulver, Sean Sherk, Frank Trigg

Dont think they are gonna let trigg back in anytime soon after his fight with lawler
xthe_scottx
4/8/07 11:53:37PM
They probably wouldn't have picked him up even if he beat Lawler since he already has two losses to Hughes, a loss to GSP and at best could be a gatekeeper.
Reignofterror
4/9/07 1:16:20AM

Posted by BWWREPRESENT

Sherk Pulverboth moved to lightweight and Trigg doesnt fight for UFC anymore...Anyway I think its either the lightweight division or welterweight both very exciting.
pv3Hpv3p
4/9/07 1:24:13AM
I'm going to go out and say the LHW's...

I really like the young talent that they have in there like Rashad, Jardine, Machida, Lambert, Griffen, etc...

I love Chuck so dont get me wrong, but if Rampage takes the belt at 71(?) that would really shake things up, and IMO lead to a lot of intersting fights...
johny_rotten
4/9/07 10:34:29AM
I would have to go LW as well. Griffin/Edger and Huerta/Garcia are probably the two most exciting fights of 2007. Heremes Franca keeps stealing shows with exciting wins over Varner and Fisher. Then thrown in the fact that the top 5-7 guys in the class could easily knock of the champ.

I would say first is LW then WW, and HW is storming up the charts.
hippysmacker
4/9/07 10:40:49AM
Deepest with the best possible array of contenders would be welterweight to me. However, I have to say I think the lightweights are the most exciting.
AchillesHeel
4/9/07 12:13:10PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Deepest with the best possible array of contenders would be welterweight to me. However, I have to say I think the lightweights are the most exciting.

Actually, I might argue that 155 is just as exciting in terms of legit contenders and young talent as 170 is. Sherk, Penn, Pulver, Florian, Franca and maybe Stevenson are all right there, imho. Huerta, Guillard, Griffin, Edgar and Garcia are on their way up. And then there's the 16 TUF guys. Well, 15 now...
richieb19
4/9/07 12:22:29PM
The best weight class in the UFC used to be the WW division, having Karo, Penn, GSP, Hughes and others... but now the HW div is really starting to pick up, they have Sylvia, AA, Werdum, Herring, CroCop, Big Nog and others... Still pretty close though...
nate22
4/9/07 12:23:40PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Hughes
GSP
Serra
Diego
Kos
Jon Fitch
Karo
Fickett

richieb19
4/9/07 12:46:02PM

Posted by nate22

Posted by hippysmacker

Hughes
GSP
Serra
Diego
Kos
Jon Fitch
Karo
Fickett

Don't forget Jeff Joslin
nate22
4/9/07 12:54:51PM
Joslin isn't really in contention for the title, whereas the others are merely one or two fights away from title shots.
richieb19
4/9/07 1:02:17PM

Posted by nate22

Joslin isn't really in contention for the title, whereas the others are merely one or two fights away from title shots.

I never meant to say he was a contender for the title, however he is one of the most talented WW's in the division hands down.
casey64
7/13/07 11:41:02AM
I would have to say Light heavy Weights.

1.Rampage
2.Tito
3.Chuck
4.Forrest
5.Rashad
thepunisher
7/13/07 11:46:03AM

Posted by casey64

I would have to say Light heavy Weights.

1.Rampage
2.Tito
3.Chuck
4.Forrest
5.Rashad

you are on Drugs aren't you

WW
GSP
Hughes
Karo
Fitch
Penn
p_unit23
7/13/07 12:04:36PM
i like the LWs and the WWs. Roger Huerta is one of my favs in the LW division. GSP in the WW division.
masodd
7/13/07 7:04:29PM
heavyweight is gettin stacked............light heavy is always good...............middleweight needs some better fighters............welterweight and lightweight are the most talented divisions in the ufc
TOMMYAYO05
7/13/07 7:11:01PM
i really like the welterweights with kos,hughes,sanchez,gsp,serra,penn maybe,karo,diaz

SOME THINGS IN LIFE COME EASY TO TALENTED PEOPLE,BUT YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE TALENT IN THE WORLD AND NEVER AMOUNT TO NOTHING GREAT WITHOUT THE WILL AND WORTH ETHIC-----JOSH"KOS"KOSCHECK
Piccosaur
7/13/07 7:37:35PM
HW or WW.