The Best Videogame-To-Movie Idea Ever

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Best Videogame-To-Movie Idea Ever
DCRage
8/12/10 12:11:13PM
I make no secret of the fact that I would love to see Namco's "Time Crisis" series of arcade and PS2/PS3 FPS games be made into a movie. Seems someone finally got the idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKogQf9ooR8&feature=player_embedded
Great little vid.
teddythetuna
8/17/10 10:57:09AM
Bring Diablo or Fallout to life but make sure its at least Rated R.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/17/10 11:27:49AM

Posted by teddythetuna

Bring Diablo or Fallout to life but make sure its at least Rated R.

never played diablo cause i cant play these strategy role playing whatchamacallem' games to save my life. I do know how it works and what it's about and honestly the concept beign transfered to a movie would be very cool. I'd definitely go see that
Rush
8/17/10 11:51:37PM
I think there are a lot of great game to movie ideas, but the final products all lack.

In attempt to break it down,

A good game is a good game for a reason and thus does not translate into a good movie because games and movies are different in terms of how the stories are delivered (on many scales).

This the same reason why good movies are usually not made into great games without severe alteration and/or completely removing the story.

Honestly I think the best game to movie translation will be based on a game that is either largely unknown or not good as a game and loosely based at that. The problem is, the popularity of a game title is primarily the selling point so I don't see it happening OR the movie is so loosely based on the game, it's not really a true game to movie translation.
AchillesHeel
8/18/10 2:21:57PM
Mass Effect is in development, with Matthew Fox as Commander Shephard.
State_Champ
8/18/10 6:05:44PM
I've always wanted to see a Zelda movie (Ocarina of Time)!
mrsmiley
8/18/10 9:07:37PM
1. Zelda
2. Final Fantasy 7 Live action
3. Metal Gear
4.Tecmo's deception
5. Knights of the Old republic would have made an awesome movie for Star Wars. Better than the last 3 we have gotten anyways.
warglory
8/18/10 9:50:12PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Mass Effect is in development, with Matthew Fox as Commander Shephard.

Commander Jack....Shephard?