What would be the best video game, made into a movie?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What would be the best video game, made into a movie?
Next Page »
POLL: video game, movies
Halo 7% (3)
Gears of War 26% (11)
God of War 21% (9)
Bioshock 2% (1)
Other 44% (19)
Taylor8766
10/7/07 10:43:12PM
Well with the upcoming release of Hitman, which doesn't look half bad. What do you think would be the best video game to be made into a movie, and actually be good.
MALICE
10/7/07 10:48:44PM
Halo is a great game, but I think Gears of War is more badazz!! Would make a great sci-fi action movie.
DJDark41
10/7/07 10:51:43PM
Gears of War would definitly be my choice. I think God of War would be a cool movie too, but my pick is Gears of War.
iwannabesedated
10/7/07 11:06:44PM
I had to go with Halo although gears would be an awesome movie.

All i know is they better have someone totally badass play Master Chief
DJDark41
10/8/07 12:12:05AM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Samuel L. Jackson definitly. "I'm sick of these muthaf***ing brutes on this muthaf***ing Pelican!"

I'm not a big Halo fan, but I would totally watch the Halo movie if they had Samuel Jackson play Master Chief.
GTS
10/8/07 1:28:09AM
i'd say gears of war and halo but this month hitman is comming to the big screen. doom was pretty ok as a game but better when it was a movie.
NatedawgThaM
10/8/07 1:50:52AM
GTA San Andreas or Def Jam Fight For New York...

Two of the best games I have ever played on my PS2...
Cladrix
10/8/07 2:38:38AM
Metal Gear Solid series hands down
Blizzard
10/8/07 9:00:16PM
God of War would be a great flick, the special effects and creatures would be top notch.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cmill21
10/8/07 9:06:12PM
San andrea's. I heard they were coming out with a Halo movie. Hitman looks siiiick.
Trapt1nw0nder
10/8/07 9:10:08PM
Ninja Gaiden
Gladiator
10/8/07 10:17:49PM

Posted by Cladrix

Metal Gear Solid series hands down

no doubt the first metal gear solid movie, if done right, would be the best film of the year. its practically a movie in itself.
Ordep
10/8/07 10:24:46PM
Shadow of the Colossus

with more detail in the story, but it'll be great to see the colossus in the big screen
akumairon
10/8/07 10:33:15PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Samuel L. Jackson definitly. "I'm sick of these muthaf***ing brutes on this muthaf***ing Pelican!"

I'm not a big Halo fan, but I would totally watch the Halo movie if they had Samuel Jackson play Master Chief.

lol i was just thinking that as soon as i say that
AchillesHeel
10/9/07 3:28:01PM
"War... War never changes..."

Mitchell740
10/9/07 9:35:16PM
Grand theft auto
mrsmiley
10/9/07 10:38:48PM
I believe most games today don't make good movies.It's not because the games are weak in terms of a story,it's because games are a whole other medium all together.It's like reading a book,then watching a movie based on that book.As good as Jurrassic Park the movie was,it was nowere near the calibur of Michaele Critons book.

I think the same can be said in terms of video games.Games absorb you into a world were you are in control of the action.You can play todays average game at least 12 hours before you complete it.Try to jumble all that into an 1hour 35 minute movie and your going to lose some of the "magic" which originaly inticed you to play the game in the first place.

I'm not against movies based off of video games.I just think fans need to to keep their expectations a little low.

You realy think a Metal Gear movie is going to rival MGS or Sons of Liberty or Snake Eater?Probably not.

But here's hoping they give it a damn good shot.
ulyoth187
10/15/07 6:04:44PM
i'm afraid we can't truely talk great game movies till battle toads is considered.
mrsmiley
10/15/07 6:31:48PM

Posted by ulyoth187

i'm afraid we can't truely talk great game movies till battle toads is considered.

LOL.

What about Battletoads Double dragon game turned movie?

Kill two birds with one stone.
Rush
10/15/07 6:45:46PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Considering the "success" of the original Double Dragon film, I'd say no. lol
Scott_Revels
10/15/07 6:52:12PM
Katamari Damacy. Best movie ever. Godzilla? Weak. King Kong? Puny. Rocky Balboa? Old. Giant Rolling Ball of Doom? Purely amazing.

Fanboy 1988
10/15/07 6:52:38PM
Can't believe no one else has voted for Bioshock yet, that's the best game I've played this year..
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/15/07 7:14:34PM
You know what I have no idea what anyone else has written on here for i just pressed reply cause i had this thought in my mind and buddey man to do 100% totally agree with you, really I think Hitman should be made a video game of. Dude so many aspects you can exploit out of the character its crazy. Have a bald Edward Norton have the role too, would make an insane movie I think...
ulyoth187
10/15/07 7:25:11PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by ulyoth187

LOL.

throw in some earthworm jim and i'd say we have a blockbuster.
madmarck
10/17/07 8:01:32AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by ulyoth187

LOL.

The first Battletoads is a far better game.
only problem is you can get to the level with the jet skis b4 you get owned and there is no save option.
cowcatcher
10/17/07 10:06:35AM
no game makes a good movie

double dragon
super mario bros
house of the dead
blooodrayne
the list goes on and on, games make for crap movies.
mrsmiley
10/17/07 10:22:23AM
Super Mario: could have been a lot better.Added a lot of changes and changed a lot of the characters around.Could make a great remake but don't set any of it in the real world.Maybe would make a good Computer Animated Movie. 3/10

Double Dragon:Had a few interesting moments,but didn't live up to the legend of the original game.2/10

House of the Dead: it was very cheesy.Anything buy Uwe Bowell is though.Their is a fine art of being cheesy and this movie perfectly captured that.However,cheesy is cheesy,and I feel as if House of the Dead is a cult classic in the making.While not great,it was intertaining. 5/10
Never saw the second one.

Dead or Alive:Haven't seen it

Resident Evil Franchise: 1 and 2 were luke warm and had very little to do with the game that changed the world of gaming forever.4/10
Didn't see the 3rd one.

Tomb Raider 1 & 2: One was decent,but became extreamley lack luster after the first half hour.5/10
Didn't watch the second one.

Alone in the Dark 1 & 2: Sucked.Flat out. 1/10
Didn't watch the second one.

Bloodrayne: didn't bother watching

Mortal Kombat 1 & 2:I would say the first MK movie is the best video game turned movie ever made.8 out of 10.the second one was terrible. 2/10

Street Fighter:the best part was the big speech Van Dam gave before the big battle.M Bison was great,although very two dimensional.Had a few funny moments. 4 1/2 out of 10.

Mastodon2
10/17/07 2:15:04PM
Gears of War would make for a good action movie, obviously trying to tell a story which will (eventually) arc over 3 games in one movie is pointless as it just wouldnt fit, but maybe if they focused on a new story, smaller in scale, within the GOW universe.

A couple of ideas they could use;

A special ops team striking out a prominant Locust installion
A band of civileans trying to get to a government safety camp
a group of soldiers trying to push back the locust in a particular important area

The GOW world allows for loads of cool things to be thrown in, such as Brumaks, appearances by high level Locust, loads of amazing set pieces. They could film it with the kind of shakey "real war" camera work they did in the game, so the audience feels like a soldiers amongst the group, rather than an invincible onlooker. Could be amazing.
ulyoth187
10/18/07 7:16:40PM

Posted by cowcatcher

no game makes a good movie

double dragon
super mario bros
house of the dead
blooodrayne
the list goes on and on, games make for crap movies.

for the most part i agree. but i loved the double dragon and mario movies as a kid so i'll still kick back and watch them if they're on. plus they have the whole so bad that it's good quality going, unlike the bloodraynes and tomb raiders of today that have no excuse for sucking after all the money pumped into them. if you're gonna make a game movie, at least have the sence to under fund it so that we can all laugh at it for its cheese factor and turn it into a cult classic.
fat2rak005
10/19/07 3:21:06AM
i think metal gear would be a pretty cool movie.
Pages: [1] 2