Best unorthodox mma move used

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Best unorthodox mma move used
« Previous Page
Snacks
2/15/07 4:01:35PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Snacks

I can watch a highlight of James Thompson, doesn't make them a good fighter. And it's pretty easy to do flying triangles when you're cutting to make 155, and your opponents are gaining weight to make 155. And anyway, if we're talking about a good Submission artist with "unorthodox" submission vitories then the lack of consideration for Shinya Aoki is beyond horrific.

Also, show me 1 fight where Sudo lands a flying anything and finishes the fight with it, in MMA.

I don't think it's easy to do flying triagles weather you are cutting weight or not, that's probably why we don't see them too often (which also = unorthadox)...

Genki has fought his fair share of guys bigger than him, so I don't mind seeing him cut weight to fight, any other fighter has the same option.

I will completely agree that Aoki is one of the most impressive sub artists around though.

Totally, because, you know, Kenichi Yamamoto and Eric "Butterbean" Esch are the cream of the crop when it comes to heavyweight MMA fighters.
pv3Hpv3p
2/15/07 5:02:37PM
Marquardt is considered a top MW, he lost to the smaller Genki Sudo...

OK, let's try this...

You stated that Genki, the larger man, beat smaller opponents...

I stated that Genki, the smaller man, beat larger opponents...

Why is it that if Genki fights smaller men (in his weightclass no less) you deny him any respect, but if Sudo fights a man bigger than him, it was jsut a fight with some 'can'?

Does he not deserve the same respect? Why couldn't these larger men, Butterbean & Marquart, do to Sudo what Genki did to the smaller men that he fought?
Snacks
2/15/07 5:32:39PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Marquardt is considered a top MW, he lost to the smaller Genki Sudo...

OK, let's try this...

You stated that Genki, the larger man, beat smaller opponents...

I stated that Genki, the smaller man, beat larger opponents...

Why is it that if Genki fights smaller men (in his weightclass no less) you deny him any respect, but if Sudo fights a man bigger than him, it was jsut a fight with some 'can'?

Does he not deserve the same respect? Why couldn't these larger men, Butterbean & Marquart, do to Sudo what Genki did to the smaller men that he fought?

I guess that Minowa is the king of all MMA then, considering he's beaten such monsters as Giant Silva, Bart Gunn,Butterbean, Yvel, Leko, Kimo, and Kenichi Yamamoto. That's all I could think of off the top of my head.

And no, Marquardt was about the same size as Sudo in that fight.
pv3Hpv3p
2/15/07 5:54:37PM
Or did Nathan cut wieght to get there and Sudo gain weight to get there? Or does that arguement only work for your examples?

Besides this isn't a post about the 'King of all MMA" just unorthodox moves / subs...

I don't think Genki is the best there ever was or is or whatever, just that he deserves more credit than he's given...
Snacks
2/15/07 6:02:52PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Or did Nathan cut wieght to get there and Sudo gain weight to get there? Or does that arguement only work for your examples?

Besides this isn't a post about the 'King of all MMA" just unorthodox moves / subs...

I don't think Genki is the best there ever was or is or whatever, just that he deserves more credit than he's given...

...Have you seen that fight? They were roughly the same size, and you said a MW Marquardt, implying you're talking about the modern-day Marquardt, which made no sense since Mardquardt has really only bulked up since maybe ... 2005.

And yet again, you talk about it just being unorthodox moves/subs, yet you continue to argue that Sudo is a good fighter, which is the true arguement here, so you're just trying to change subjects.

And yet again, what does Genki deserve credit for? Beating up 143ers? Getting pwnt by Kunioku? Fighting people who have no business in MMA, or just flat out suck?
pv3Hpv3p
2/15/07 6:35:01PM
Actually you are the one who keeps changing the subject...

Let's see...

Posted by Snacks

I really wish i could give .. un-props.. to everyone whos saying Genki Sudo.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why the hate???

You have to at least admit the guy had some very slick and sometimes unorthodox subs??? No???

taht doesn't sound like me arguing that Sudo is the King

or lets try...

Totally, I mean, bringing up fights that happened years ago is really relevant. I mean, nevermind that all Genki sudo does now is dance around and beat up 143ers while avoiding all meaningful competition.

BTW, Trigg, Abe, Williams, and M. Yano have gotten into the ADCC, so it's not really an accomplishment if you don't win.

Edit: It's funny you bring up Marquadt, yet leave out the fact that Kunioku poaned him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think any fight is relevent in this thread... It's just asking about unorthodox moves... So i guess it doesn't matter if it's last week or a few years ago, or decades ago...

I think the guy can throw up a triangle choke like no one's business, even if you don't like him.

Once again me refering back to the topic

Shall I keep going...

What? How is it unorthodox if it's a common move/techinque. Throwing up a triangle = odd in MMA? When did that happen?

And he didn't refer to the fights at unorthodox, he referred to Genki Sudo as "No Joke" which is funny, because all Sudo has been in MMA is a joke for the better part of this decade.

No a triangle is not an unorthodox move, the way sudo has caught people with them were... Not many people throw up a triangle when both fighters are standing, or... Well just watch some Sudo highlights and you might see what I'm talking about.

For example; a heel hook is not unorthodox, but Chonan's 'flying' heel hook on A.Silva might be considered unorthodox

So if you look at it, I am trying to talk about the subject, but it's a little difficult when you are avoiding it
Pages: 1 [2]