Best unorthodox mma move used

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Best unorthodox mma move used
Next Page »
Unkoman
2/11/07 9:46:18PM
What do you guys think is the best move used in a mma fight.

Personally i think Mark Hunts flying buttdrop on Silva was number 1

Snacks
2/11/07 10:14:15PM
Murahama's big spin into ankle lock.
mrsumo
2/11/07 11:18:55PM
Gary Goodridge and the crucifix elbow smash.
deadcore
2/12/07 12:09:51AM

Posted by Snacks

Murahama's big spin into ankle lock.

that was one of the greatest moves in film or real life!!!!!!!!!
loller90278
2/12/07 2:49:19AM
ryo chonans flying scissor heel hook on silva
hippysmacker
2/12/07 4:43:47AM
Buttdrop was one of the funniest. Chonan leg lock was the most surprising and i think the best.
ffforgottenx
2/12/07 12:08:50PM

Posted by loller90278

ryo chonans flying scissor heel hook on silva

what he said
madmarck
2/12/07 3:06:24PM
The Shonie Carter Spinning back fist. Both times on Matt Serra. Shonie does that move better than anyone else.
Svartorm
2/12/07 10:40:54PM
I disagree. Genki Sudo has that shit down pat. He hit Kid Yamamoto with it well over six times during one fight.
JSN
2/12/07 11:49:29PM
i saw this in a grappling vid, but genki sudo did a flying triangle on this guy on his knees so he went strait crotch to face in 1 second flat and subbed the due. 'twas awesome.
pv3Hpv3p
2/13/07 4:59:09PM

Posted by JSN

i saw this in a grappling vid, but genki sudo did a flying triangle on this guy on his knees so he went strait crotch to face in 1 second flat and subbed the due. 'twas awesome.

I've never seen someone transition to a triangle smooth and quick like Genki Sudo...

You are correct sir, 'twas awesome indeed
Snacks
2/13/07 6:38:34PM
I really wish i could give .. un-props.. to everyone whos saying Genki Sudo.
pv3Hpv3p
2/13/07 6:41:47PM

Posted by Snacks

Why the hate???

You have to at least admit the guy had some very slick and sometimes unorthodox subs??? No???
Svartorm
2/14/07 2:35:21AM

Posted by Snacks

Yeah, because anyone that makes it into ADCC, and armbars Nate Marquardt is clearly a joke.
Snacks
2/14/07 5:03:37AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

Yeah, because anyone that makes it into ADCC, and armbars Nate Marquardt is clearly a joke.

Totally, I mean, bringing up fights that happened years ago is really relevant. I mean, nevermind that all Genki sudo does now is dance around and beat up 143ers while avoiding all meaningful competition.

BTW, Trigg, Abe, Williams, and M. Yano have gotten into the ADCC, so it's not really an accomplishment if you don't win.

Edit: It's funny you bring up Marquadt, yet leave out the fact that Kunioku poaned him.
crimethinc
2/14/07 6:09:08AM
The superman punch. Followed immediately by the Incredible Hulk punch, the Spider-Man punch, and the batman punch.

You may notice that only the Marvel names have been capitalized. That's not a typo seeing as how those are the only names worthy of capitalization.

WHAT NOW DC!!!!!!!!!!
pv3Hpv3p
2/14/07 1:29:23PM

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

Totally, I mean, bringing up fights that happened years ago is really relevant. I mean, nevermind that all Genki sudo does now is dance around and beat up 143ers while avoiding all meaningful competition.

BTW, Trigg, Abe, Williams, and M. Yano have gotten into the ADCC, so it's not really an accomplishment if you don't win.

Edit: It's funny you bring up Marquadt, yet leave out the fact that Kunioku poaned him.

I think any fight is relevent in this thread... It's just asking about unorthodox moves... So i guess it doesn't matter if it's last week or a few years ago, or decades ago...

I think the guy can throw up a triangle choke like no one's business, even if you don't like him.
madmarck
2/14/07 2:00:15PM

Posted by Svartorm

I disagree. Genki Sudo has that shit down pat. He hit Kid Yamamoto with it well over six times during one fight.

But Shonie KO'd Serra with it.
Yamamoto beat Sudo.
Therefore i think Shonie is betta at it. Plus Shonie did the little dance afterwards.
Svartorm
2/14/07 7:21:50PM

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

Whether you like him or not, hes had some great fights, impressive wins, and certainly belongs in a thread about unorthodox moves. This isn't a thread about fighters you don't care for, so go grind your axe somewhere else.

Svartorm
2/14/07 7:25:38PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Svartorm

But Shonie KO'd Serra with it.
Yamamoto beat Sudo.
Therefore i think Shonie is betta at it. Plus Shonie did the little dance afterwards.

Larry Landless Ko'd someone with a spinning backfist in KOTC, but hes hardly better at it than Sudo. All depends on who you're hitting with it. I just found it great that Sudo landed more spinning backfists in one fight than I've seen landed in MMA history.
Snacks
2/14/07 8:09:20PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

I think any fight is relevent in this thread... It's just asking about unorthodox moves... So i guess it doesn't matter if it's last week or a few years ago, or decades ago...

I think the guy can throw up a triangle choke like no one's business, even if you don't like him.

What? How is it unorthodox if it's a common move/techinque. Throwing up a triangle = odd in MMA? When did that happen?

And he didn't refer to the fights at unorthodox, he referred to Genki Sudo as "No Joke" which is funny, because all Sudo has been in MMA is a joke for the better part of this decade.
Snacks
2/14/07 8:10:20PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

Whether you like him or not, hes had some great fights, impressive wins, and certainly belongs in a thread about unorthodox moves. This isn't a thread about fighters you don't care for, so go grind your axe somewhere else.

Impressive wins? Name 3.
Svartorm
2/14/07 8:16:17PM
Royler, Butterbean and Ramon Dekkers.

Royler for dropping one of the upper tier Gracies, Butterbean for fighting a bear of a man who outweighed him by 250lbs, and Ramon Dekkers for fighting arguably the most dangerous kickboxer of all time.
Snacks
2/14/07 8:22:02PM

Posted by Svartorm

Royler, Butterbean and Ramon Dekkers.

Royler for dropping one of the upper tier Gracies, Butterbean for fighting a bear of a man who outweighed him by 250lbs, and Ramon Dekkers for fighting arguably the most dangerous kickboxer of all time.

LOL.

Oh my god. Truely, you have epitomized what Genki Sudo in MMA is all about.
Svartorm
2/14/07 9:59:31PM
Truely.....
pv3Hpv3p
2/15/07 1:00:04AM

Posted by Snacks

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

What? How is it unorthodox if it's a common move/techinque. Throwing up a triangle = odd in MMA? When did that happen?

And he didn't refer to the fights at unorthodox, he referred to Genki Sudo as "No Joke" which is funny, because all Sudo has been in MMA is a joke for the better part of this decade.

No a triangle is not an unorthodox move, the way sudo has caught people with them were... Not many people throw up a triangle when both fighters are standing, or... Well just watch some Sudo highlights and you might see what I'm talking about.

For example; a heel hook is not unorthodox, but Chonan's 'flying' heel hook on A.Silva might be considered unorthodox
Snacks
2/15/07 4:35:40AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Snacks

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

No a triangle is not an unorthodox move, the way sudo has caught people with them were... Not many people throw up a triangle when both fighters are standing, or... Well just watch some Sudo highlights and you might see what I'm talking about.

For example; a heel hook is not unorthodox, but Chonan's 'flying' heel hook on A.Silva might be considered unorthodox

I can watch a highlight of James Thompson, doesn't make them a good fighter. And it's pretty easy to do flying triangles when you're cutting to make 155, and your opponents are gaining weight to make 155. And anyway, if we're talking about a good Submission artist with "unorthodox" submission vitories then the lack of consideration for Shinya Aoki is beyond horrific.

Also, show me 1 fight where Sudo lands a flying anything and finishes the fight with it, in MMA.
pv3Hpv3p
2/15/07 11:38:53AM

Posted by Snacks

I can watch a highlight of James Thompson, doesn't make them a good fighter. And it's pretty easy to do flying triangles when you're cutting to make 155, and your opponents are gaining weight to make 155. And anyway, if we're talking about a good Submission artist with "unorthodox" submission vitories then the lack of consideration for Shinya Aoki is beyond horrific.

Also, show me 1 fight where Sudo lands a flying anything and finishes the fight with it, in MMA.

I don't think it's easy to do flying triagles weather you are cutting weight or not, that's probably why we don't see them too often (which also = unorthadox)...

Genki has fought his fair share of guys bigger than him, so I don't mind seeing him cut weight to fight, any other fighter has the same option.

I will completely agree that Aoki is one of the most impressive sub artists around though.
bayonetxwork
2/15/07 11:53:45AM
Foot stomps.

Break all the small bones in his feet, and see how fast he'll want to TRY and take you down so he can lay on you.
fedorwins1
2/15/07 3:59:47PM
Shonie Carter's spinning backfist or Chonan's flying scissors heel hook for me.
Pages: [1] 2