Best UFC 73 WAGERS to make?????

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Best UFC 73 WAGERS to make?????
CornishMMA
6/25/07 11:05:21AM
Im thinking the way the odds are now the 3 best fights to wager on are the 3 main event fights - which is good

Nate "The Great" Marquardt +255
Anderson "The Spider" Silva -235

Hermes Franca +250
Sean "The Muscle Shark" Sherk -225

Rashad Evans -105
Tito "Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Ortiz -120

All the prelims are close odds as well but seem harder to call, and i dont think Big Nog is worth putting alot of as they are bad odds and you never know how he will fair in a new place
LightsOut33093
6/25/07 11:12:51AM
Im betting it all on nate marquadt ($115) lol
DoTheMMAth
6/25/07 11:16:29AM
I'm planning on putting down a few bucks on Franca; Sherk is the man, but he's been out of action for so long and Hermes is riding high and brings it. I still think Sherk will win, but Franca has more of a chance than the odds suggest IMO
LightsOut33093
6/25/07 11:23:18AM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

I'm planning on putting down a few bucks on Franca; Sherk is the man, but he's been out of action for so long and Hermes is riding high and brings it. I still think Sherk will win, but Franca has more of a chance than the odds suggest IMO

i really dont get why ppl wood bet on ppl who they dont think will win evn thoguh they have good odds....its like throwing away money......sherk will dominate all fight anyway and win by UD
CornishMMA
6/25/07 11:52:32AM

If kenflo couldnt catch him in a sub then hermes wont be able too, i only give franca a punchers chance and am going to feel pretty confident putting about $250 on sherk (event tho i hate him and his style and the fact it will be a boring fight in fact a copy of his last one)
rcg916
6/25/07 11:57:51AM

Posted by LightsOut33093

Posted by DoTheMMAth

i really dont get why ppl wood bet on ppl who they dont think will win evn thoguh they have good odds....its like throwing away money......sherk will dominate all fight anyway and win by UD

I agree... unless theres a fight with great odds AND you see the guy you picked winning. Odds arent worth a thing on a losing bet.

Honestly, a good bet would be Fickett over Lytle, I think. The odds are practically even, and Fickett will be too slick for him I think.
ProfessorChaos
6/25/07 12:18:32PM
If you think a fighter will win 1 out of 3 times and you're getting 4:1 odds then you go with the odds. Depending on the odds of each fight it can be the correct pick to place money on the lesser fighter.
DoTheMMAth
6/25/07 12:20:03PM
I'm not putting my whole bankroll on Franca or anything. I kind of view it like buying a lotto ticket. I really don't expect to win it, but the payoff is nice if you get lucky.
rcg916
6/25/07 12:22:14PM
You will never consistently win in sports betting wagering underdogs. No matter what, the odds will always catch up. The occasional underdog pick is what makes you gain huge, but consistent wagers on favorites are the way to build a bankroll (in real life, mind you. this is free, dowhatchalike)
nellyhiphophead
6/25/07 12:40:25PM
nate is the best pick for underdog forsure hands down.
cincyassasin
6/25/07 2:26:35PM

Posted by nellyhiphophead

I completely agree.....Nate will pull it off.
wrestler189
6/25/07 4:25:53PM

Posted by cincyassasin

Posted by nellyhiphophead

I completely agree.....Nate will pull it off.

im going with nate too and putting about 300 on him. with these odds i will be back in the running if he pulls it off
Piccosaur
6/25/07 4:34:02PM
I put $1000 on Hermes.

Go big or go home.
buckndro
6/25/07 4:52:47PM
i put some wagers on nate, hermes lets see what happens an few other small bets
aznteabagger
6/25/07 10:10:22PM
with my wagers my max earning is $2109 with $150 left over
Piccosaur
6/25/07 11:11:15PM
My max earnings are $3632, but if both Hermes and Nate lose, I'll be broke.
nubby
6/26/07 5:19:44PM

Posted by rcg916

You will never consistently win in sports betting wagering underdogs. No matter what, the odds will always catch up. The occasional underdog pick is what makes you gain huge, but consistent wagers on favorites are the way to build a bankroll (in real life, mind you. this is free, dowhatchalike)

Sometimes the underdog isn't actually the underdog... Rampage jackson anyone?
LightsOut33093
6/26/07 7:03:48PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

I'm not putting my whole bankroll on Franca or anything. I kind of view it like buying a lotto ticket. I really don't expect to win it, but the payoff is nice if you get lucky.

buying a lottol ticket is by far the worst way to spend money u might make $100 in ur lifetime and lose thousands of dollars
CornishMMA
6/27/07 12:55:52PM
I also dont think its really worth betting much on the prelims cos not many will be shown (the 2 title fights could easily go long).

This event is almost the exact opposite of what TUF5 finale was, that had nothing but big faves a big dogs (1 close to even odds), whereas this event has all even fights (except 1 big fave - nog)
TOMMYAYO05
6/28/07 8:08:44PM
Whoever is puttin there money on Nate does not know anything about this sport
tepid55
6/28/07 11:54:13PM
Nate Marquardt is the most complete fighter that Anderson Silva has ever faced.
TOMMYAYO05
6/29/07 1:23:36AM
Well Big nog is going to take his fight for sure thats where all the money is at crazy horse sucks.Then the other fights will go to Silva,Ortiz,and Sherk
kbogarto
7/6/07 12:23:10PM
I am putting money on Bonnar
Nickels has no stand up game and Bonnar is a black belt in bjj where Nickels is a purple belt. this one should be a no brainer
szucconi
7/6/07 12:31:11PM

Posted by kbogarto

I am putting money on Bonnar
Nickels has no stand up game and Bonnar is a black belt in bjj where Nickels is a purple belt. this one should be a no brainer

Careful, Bonnar is coming off of the horse 'roids. He might not be the same fighter.
mikevolz
7/7/07 7:34:38PM
i bet the farm on tito ortiz, i dont think hes enough of an over-dog. i think he has around a 70% chance to win the fight, and the odds just seem like it for me.

however i bet 60$ (real) on anderson silva, but i was getting -150 odds, for that, so i see it as a great wager, i wouldn't touch his fight with -235 or whatever mma playground gave him.