Posted by Franklinfan47
Alright, so we've established the best winners, but out of the runner-ups, whose done the best for themselves?
1. Kenny Florian- has fought for the title since dropping down and looks better with each fight.
2. Patrick Cote- has gone undefeated since season 4, and scored two impressive knockouts in his last two fights.
3. Stephan Bonnar-Despite some close losses, he's remained a force lhw and always entertaining.
4. Ed Herman- despite a loss coming off the tuf 3 finale, he's looked impressive lately and scored a KO over Doerkson recently.
5. Chris Lytle- despite some close decison losses to Serra and Hughes and cut from Alves, Lytle still remains a tough SOB at ww.
6. Luke Cummo- Despite some of his losses, Cummos managed to string some wins together and stick around.
7. Manny Gamburyan-scored a nice submission over nate mohr in decemeber, looks to be a contender at lw. 8. Tommy Speer- despite being schooled by Danzig, his potential makes him a nice prospect at ww.
9. Brad Imes- 3 disapointing losses after tuf and has since left the ufc.
10. Josh Haynes- see above.
I would go this way, as I am thinking of how they will end up, not how thy are now.
1. Florian- I think he will probably get 2 more shots at the title in his lifetime, but never win it.
2. Gamburyan- I think will eventually move to 145 and be a top contender there.
3-4 Bonnar & Lyle- same type gatekeeper tough guys IMO. Probably never be top 10 , but will always have a place and the respect of most. Well rounded
5. Herman- I still think he beat Grove in that fight. Really close
6. Speer- Still think he will be near the bottom of the top 10 some day
7. Imes- Is still young and has a lot of abilty . may surprise us all and end up a UFC HVY gatekeeper someday . I think slow reflexes will prevent much more.
8. Cummo- He's game and may end up like Lytle& Bonnar
9. . Cote- Until I see him beating good grapplers I think he will never get a whiff of the top 10. Love watching him fight other strikers though
10. Haynes- he's game, but thats all I really feel comfortable saying about him