Best tuf runner-up?? Worst??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Best tuf runner-up?? Worst??
Franklinfan47
3/16/08 2:05:56PM
Alright, so we've established the best winners, but out of the runner-ups, whose done the best for themselves?

1. Kenny Florian- has fought for the title since dropping down and looks better with each fight.
2. Patrick Cote- has gone undefeated since season 4, and scored two impressive knockouts in his last two fights.
3. Stephan Bonnar-Despite some close losses, he's remained a force lhw and always entertaining.
4. Ed Herman- despite a loss coming off the tuf 3 finale, he's looked impressive lately and scored a KO over Doerkson recently.
5. Chris Lytle- despite some close decison losses to Serra and Hughes and cut from Alves, Lytle still remains a tough SOB at ww.
6. Luke Cummo- Despite some of his losses, Cummos managed to string some wins together and stick around.
7. Manny Gamburyan-scored a nice submission over nate mohr in decemeber, looks to be a contender at lw.
8. Tommy Speer- despite being schooled by Danzig, his potential makes him a nice prospect at ww.
9. Brad Imes- 3 disapointing losses after tuf and has since left the ufc.
10. Josh Haynes- see above.
Chuteboxer
3/16/08 3:49:01PM
I'd say your list is probably how I would have it...
gartface
3/16/08 6:54:56PM
Good stuff.
Florian definitely, but I think with some time Manny will creep up that list.
SpiderSilva
3/16/08 7:22:53PM
I say manny as he would have won if his arm didn't SUCK
chubbud22
3/16/08 11:17:28PM
I like Bonner from that list
hippysmacker
3/17/08 1:50:45AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Alright, so we've established the best winners, but out of the runner-ups, whose done the best for themselves?

1. Kenny Florian- has fought for the title since dropping down and looks better with each fight.
2. Patrick Cote- has gone undefeated since season 4, and scored two impressive knockouts in his last two fights.
3. Stephan Bonnar-Despite some close losses, he's remained a force lhw and always entertaining.
4. Ed Herman- despite a loss coming off the tuf 3 finale, he's looked impressive lately and scored a KO over Doerkson recently.
5. Chris Lytle- despite some close decison losses to Serra and Hughes and cut from Alves, Lytle still remains a tough SOB at ww.
6. Luke Cummo- Despite some of his losses, Cummos managed to string some wins together and stick around.
7. Manny Gamburyan-scored a nice submission over nate mohr in decemeber, looks to be a contender at lw. 8. Tommy Speer- despite being schooled by Danzig, his potential makes him a nice prospect at ww.
9. Brad Imes- 3 disapointing losses after tuf and has since left the ufc.
10. Josh Haynes- see above.

I would go this way, as I am thinking of how they will end up, not how thy are now.
1. Florian- I think he will probably get 2 more shots at the title in his lifetime, but never win it.
2. Gamburyan- I think will eventually move to 145 and be a top contender there.
3-4 Bonnar & Lyle- same type gatekeeper tough guys IMO. Probably never be top 10 , but will always have a place and the respect of most. Well rounded
5. Herman- I still think he beat Grove in that fight. Really close
6. Speer- Still think he will be near the bottom of the top 10 some day
7. Imes- Is still young and has a lot of abilty . may surprise us all and end up a UFC HVY gatekeeper someday . I think slow reflexes will prevent much more.
8. Cummo- He's game and may end up like Lytle& Bonnar
9. . Cote- Until I see him beating good grapplers I think he will never get a whiff of the top 10. Love watching him fight other strikers though
10. Haynes- he's game, but thats all I really feel comfortable saying about him
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
3/17/08 3:00:07AM
I find it odd how Season Two, a season combined of many top individuals, somehow saw Cummo and Imes make it to the finals and give off great performances. I also find it ironic that in Season one Kenny Florian managed to rise to the top given his opposition as well.

If anything by looking at the first two season's runner's up its obvious why they implemented the everybody fights the same amount of times rule.

MondayNiteMauser
3/19/08 9:49:59AM
I really feel that Manny has a HUGE upside and will be a force in the near future and you cant deny that KenFlo is the man when it comes to finishing fights.....as for the worst runners up i think Luke Cummo has alot of work to do..I mean Luigi Fiorvanti took him down at will and Cummo had no answer for it..so much for Serra JJ...and well brad imes has alot of work to do......Lytle is my boy NapTown represent!!