The Best TUF

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The Best TUF
Ultimate_fighter
3/25/07 11:00:15PM
What Ultimate Fighter series do you think was the best? I personally thought that The Ultimate Fighter 3 was, including fighters like Kendall Grove, Micheal Bisping, Matt Hamill, Josh Haynes, Ross Pointon, and Ed Herman, some great fighters there. I didn't mind Ultimate Fighter 1 either.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
chentay2112
3/25/07 11:21:21PM
i thought TUF 1 was the best i loved the challenges they had to do knowing they had to work as a team but that they could still end up fighting a teamate in the final.... although TUF 3 was pretty good i thought they had some really good fighters and it was good to see an englishman win
Ydoc
3/26/07 12:00:44AM
Most likely the minority here, but I'm a TUF 2 fan. Liked Rashad and Luke... and also enjoyed JVF and Marcus Davis. Low on drama but I liked the personalities and fights. Hughes was a nice touch too, with all the pushing the fighters till they blew chunks and all.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/26/07 1:05:19AM
I liked TUFF 1 too
Manfred
3/26/07 2:01:24AM
TUF 3 was the best IMO. TUF 1 was disorganized with guys being forced to switch teams and some guys stayed after losing and one went home without getting the chance to fight.
hippysmacker
3/26/07 2:48:32AM

Posted by Ydoc

Most likely the minority here, but I'm a TUF 2 fan. Liked Rashad and Luke... and also enjoyed JVF and Marcus Davis. Low on drama but I liked the personalities and fights. Hughes was a nice touch too, with all the pushing the fighters till they blew chunks and all.

I agree, good fights at WWT and the later HVY fight were good too. I loved the first episode when Burkman called out Melvin and beat him.
Basshandsome
4/10/07 1:59:55AM
TUF 1 for sure. The best fighters came out of that season such as Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonner, Mike Swick, Diego Sanchez, Josh Koscheck, Kenny Florian, and Chris Leban to name a few. Also it had the best finale IMO. Although it was a little disorganized it was still a great show. I also think it was what started this huge MMA movement and brought it into the mainstream.
JunCTion
4/10/07 2:27:31AM
tuf 1 was good cause it was all new to us and for the most part the fighters have been pretty successful although i didnt like eliminateing someone without having a fight

tuf matt & rich i didnt care much for buts thats cuz of them

tuf 4 ireally wasnt keen on the concept cuz there were a lot of deserving fighters with good records that didnt get a title shot. serra kept me interested and everyone on his team that one owes him cuz he was an awsome coach. and beating gsp legitamized the concept.
Sam_Rothstein
8/28/07 11:23:28AM
TUF 3 would of been my favorite season but i stopped watching it due to the fact a good friend of mine told me who one of the winners was already

i guess one of his buddies was training partners with bisping at the time, so it completely ruined the rest of the season for me

I really enjoyed TUF 5 though, maybe because its the only TUF i saw the whole way through besides TUF 4. I really wanna go back and watch the 1st season though
DCRage
8/28/07 12:42:39PM
3. Yeah, 1 & 2 had some really good fights but 3 had that great backstory with the Ortiz-Shamrock rivalry leading up to their fight after the finale. I might revisit my choice after 6 depending on what happens between Serra & Hughes.
Mastodon2
8/28/07 7:11:18PM
Gotta be TUF3 for me. Seeing Bisping rolling through the competition swearing at everyone in that Brash English manner made me lol every time. Watching the start of Kendall in the UFC was good too. Unfortunately the bad thing that came out of that series is one of the most unintersting fighters ever; Matt Hamil...
Taylor8766
8/29/07 12:43:13AM
gotta say TUF 1 for sure it started it all and they didn't even get paid for fighting, and alot of the fighters said that there weren't gunna fight and dana white came in and gave a long ass speech, and said that this sport is gunna explode if they fight and due this season and they will be rewarded in time. I personally think that this is what put the UFC on the map.
cmill21
8/29/07 1:28:03AM
TUF 3 for competition, TUF 1 for importance.
StorminYourman
8/29/07 1:50:40AM
Tuf 4 for me but I only started watchin when Tuf 4 came out.I never actually though any of the Tuf guys would make it.Now I am a fan of a few.
MikeBillotto
9/21/07 6:12:45PM
i really have to say 3....i mean it was the most fun to watch...with tito and shamrock's drama and then drama in the house and the fights were amazing so..without a dbout defintily TUF 3
Rush
9/21/07 8:58:02PM
I guess I would say season 4.

All the other seasons had either over cocky or whiny bitches here and there. I also didn't like the challenges. I got sick of the Xyience pimping and close ups of guys armpits for Rightguard in earlier seasons.

Generally the guys in season 4 were more professional and had two of the nicest coaches in MMA. Shonie also had some funny parts too. I think I laughed the most that season than all the others put together.

The only downfalls I can think of were having to hear Serra shoot his mouth off too much and Captain Miserable.