Best trainers in MMA?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best trainers in MMA?
haggiswashere
2/27/09 2:12:56PM
Who do you think is the best Trainers and coaches in the following styles

Muay Thai-
Boxing-
BJJ-
Wrestling/GNP-
Kick Boxing-

and also

Overall Gameplan-
artofdefense
2/27/09 2:43:15PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Who do you think is the best Trainers and coaches in the following styles

Muay Thai-
Boxing-
BJJ-
Wrestling/GNP-
Kick Boxing-

and also

Overall Gameplan-

Muay Thai- Dellagrotte

Boxing- Roach

BJJ/Grappling- Justin Ellison

Wrestling- Anyone at Team Quest

Kickboxing- Maurice Smith
1daveufc
2/27/09 4:00:48PM
( may be rob kaman for kickboxing )
loonytnt
2/27/09 4:26:50PM
well i think a great guy is someone from idaho, he doesnt have a big name but his fighters atm have like a 80% win, Kenny Hensley from idaho falls that guy is good, but if i had to go with the BEST Jackson imo
UFCmma666
2/27/09 4:41:03PM
game plan Matt Hume
Tein_Lung
2/27/09 4:47:34PM
well it seems ot change very few years... its was not but a handful a years ago that everyone who was anyone was from Militich now its Jackson... who knows what it will be next year...

haggiswashere
2/27/09 4:53:40PM
Where do you guys think Shawn Tompkins would rank? Higher than most guys?
cmill21
2/27/09 5:06:52PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Where do you guys think Shawn Tompkins would rank? Higher than most guys?

Higher then most, not on Kaman, and hoost's level.
hotrodttt
2/27/09 9:46:31PM
Muay Thai- Delagrotte
BJJ- Drysdale
Wrestling/GNP- To be honest- Hammerhouse
Kick Boxing- Duke Roufus
Pookie
2/27/09 9:50:33PM
BJJ - Marcelo Garcia
higdon10
2/27/09 10:22:57PM
Overall Greg Jackson is king.
Jackelope
2/27/09 11:17:45PM
I think Delagrotte is the best MT/Kickboxing coach in MMA right now. The emphasis he places on footworks and angles is amazing. Guys look completely different under his tutelage than anyone else, and even though some of their combos might be lacking their footwork opens up holes you only need to put a shot or two through in order to capitalize. I also love how he emphasizes the low and middle kicks.

You gotta give it up to Greg Jackson for the gameplans, though. I mean the guy has a way of seeing holes I could only ever dream of. It seems so obvious after the fact, but before it happens it is a thing you wouldn't think of in a million years. Supposedly he spends HOURS every day watching footage.

Wrestling right now seems to be a toss up. I haven't been entirely impressed with any camps lately. I think Quest is always going to be considered, but they've really fallen off the wagon as of late. I honestly have to give the nod to Arizona Combat Sports, and not necessarily for any wrestling trainer, but for the guys they've been putting into the game. Dolloway has fantastic wrestling, as does Ryan Bader, and soon everyone will see Aaron Simpson's wrestling. Not to mention the way Varner took down Cerrone at will. Although I do admit that the best wrestler in MMA right now appears to be Georges St. Pierre.

hotrodttt
2/28/09 1:56:40AM

Posted by Jackelope

Although I do admit that the best wrestler in MMA right now appears to be Georges St. Pierre.

Naw, I'd definately say King Mo, Best Double Legs in the World
haggiswashere
3/6/09 4:28:27PM
TTT
jakeiceman
3/6/09 11:53:37PM

Posted by loonytnt

well i think a great guy is someone from idaho, he doesnt have a big name but his fighters atm have like a 80% win, Kenny Hensley from idaho falls that guy is good, but if i had to go with the BEST Jackson imo

Fo Sho!! ha ha sorry had to represent for Idaho.
Alot of great talent comin up.......although I dont think the trainers are on the level we are talkin about.
chickmagnet
3/9/09 11:30:17PM

Muay Thai - Dellagrotte
Boxing - Roach
BJJ - S. Riberio
Wrestling/GnP - Team Quest Guys
Kickboxing - Roufus

Overall Gameplan - Greg Jackson!!
rcg916
3/10/09 12:24:50AM
Gotta go with Greg Jackson as overall guru.
cmill21
3/10/09 3:31:01AM
Honestly if I was fighting in the UFC I would go to Por.Pramuk Gym. A good friend and training partner is in thailand at Fairtex right now, and I'm deciding between there and Por.Pramuk Gym. Those guys kill people lol.