Best KO/TKO aftermath so far?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best KO/TKO aftermath so far?
SoulKeeper
6/27/10 5:03:36AM
A fighter getting KTFO is always a highlight in fights but which one has been so GNarly that their face will be on front page of MMA articles for years to come.
Heres my top 5 :
1) Even tho Im a Dragon fan Machida's eye was Fckd after Shogun used ninja style and got full mount. Also Machida didn't look as fit as his previous bouts.

2) The Ice man Chuck Liddel Ko'ed By Ace Franklin (Possibly his last fight)

3) This fight didnt end in a KO but Gomi with his fireball punches aganist Diaz had a brutal aftermath (especially for Diaz)

4) Bj Penn's domination aganist Diego Sanchez left "Nightmare" waking up to The Prodigy's brilliance. If the Ref. didn't stop the fight Sanchez would have been added to Bj's KO highlight reel

5) TUF 11 Elimination round included one of the sickest broken nose ever Clayton mckinney vs Charlie lynch, I guess we have another Rich Franklin lookalike
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4 Photo Attachment 5
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 5:27:17AM
Diego of these five choices, easily,
vomitshovel
6/27/10 8:28:09AM
Gotsta be Diego. Even in that picture the blood covers up how badly smashed up his face was.
tcunningham
6/27/10 7:22:58PM
diego for sure. im a fan of his but it was a pretty awesome cut.
hate4thestate
6/27/10 8:43:22PM
i gotta go with gomi/diaz. i know it didnt end in a ko or tko but a gogoplata is way more crazy. especially after a stand up war.
ChokeUout
6/27/10 11:04:20PM
Out of those five choices, the Diego cut...

But When Vitor Belfort fought Marvin Eastman, the damage on Eastman's forehead from the KO was probably the most grizzly cut I've seen in MMA. I don't even know if you could call that thing a cut. He looked like he got in a barfight with a guy who had a broken beer bottle.....and lost.
ChrisSabal
6/27/10 11:18:10PM
what about Kalib Starnes' cut? Eastman's cut was really bad. Joe Stevenson's face was bloodied up after he fought BJ too. But out of those I would have to go with Diaz's bumps, bruises and cuts.
Jackelope
6/28/10 1:51:34AM
I think Diego out of that bunch.

But honestly I think the coolest "finish" I've ever seen was Stevenson getting choked out by BJ Penn. It was just completely ....awesome (for lack of better words).... to see the blood spurting a couple feet out of Daddy's forehead from the force of the rear naked BJ put on him.

DragonShogun
6/28/10 7:32:38AM
The blood made it look worse than it is i recon it's between Machida and Diaz both with nasty broken orbital
add more on
RyanC
7/1/10 10:31:23AM
SO GROSS

ncordless
7/3/10 5:05:26PM
Cub Swanson after the flying knee that left him rolling around on the ground.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
BlueSkiesBurn
7/3/10 5:08:02PM
Jose Aldo for the win!
bjj1605
7/7/10 1:03:01AM

Posted by ChokeUout

Out of those five choices, the Diego cut...

But When Vitor Belfort fought Marvin Eastman, the damage on Eastman's forehead from the KO was probably the most grizzly cut I've seen in MMA. I don't even know if you could call that thing a cut. He looked like he got in a barfight with a guy who had a broken beer bottle.....and lost.

Saved me the time. Eastman looked like he got hit in the head with a hatchet. Even now, when I see that cut, it almost looks like a photo shop. Like... how can that be real? And a knee caused that?

I agree with Jackelope though about the BJ vs Stevenson fight, I took my camera out when they showed the replay. The image of him getting pulled into the choke, his face a mess with blood, is the definition of epic.

lohmann
7/7/10 1:16:28AM
Nick Diaz for two reasons:

1) He had a broken orbital bone, which is much more than a superficial (yet gross) cut.

2) He still won that fight.