Best Submission in UFC / Pride event...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Best Submission in UFC / Pride event...
« Previous Page
POLL: Best sub ever
Mir vs Silvia 9% (4)
Saku vs Renzo 0% (0)
Chonan vs A.Silva 52% (24)
Genki Sudo vs Butterbean 2% (1)
Hughes vs GSP 11% (5)
Aoki vs Hansen 26% (12)
roman
1/30/07 11:00:42PM
When I saw Chonan do that crazy ass shit I was floored, totally floored. It was crazy.
thelastking
1/30/07 11:10:58PM
flying heel hook was a pretty flashy submission but i still dont think that was as good as Aoki's gogoplata but both were great submissions though.
ac_gi
1/30/07 11:40:44PM

Posted by Savy

How about Nogurira's anaconda choke against Yokoi at Total Elimination 2004. Then he finished Herring with the same move at Critical Countdown 2004 two months later.

I liked those as well.
My vote goes to the gogoplata. Flying armbars and kneebars are so yesterday.
Savy
1/31/07 12:08:01AM
I'm picturing my favorite sub ever in my head, but I can't remember either fighter or the venue.
I'm pretty sure it was inside the UFC cage. It was kind of inside-out shoulder crank from the bottom. Realy, really unique move that you never see.
Anybody know what I'm talking about??
Jeffanori-Gomi
1/31/07 1:52:53AM

Posted by dcox86

best in terms of what? transition? consequences?

i thought in terms of transistion ed hermans latest arm bar was a damn near perfect transition from the back[/QU

that was nice, Or TUFF killers sub of Leben
hippysmacker
1/31/07 3:40:21AM

Posted by Savy

I'm picturing my favorite sub ever in my head, but I can't remember either fighter or the venue.
I'm pretty sure it was inside the UFC cage. It was kind of inside-out shoulder crank from the bottom. Realy, really unique move that you never see.
Anybody know what I'm talking about??

I think it's the Frank Mir/Pete Williams arm crank maybe?
Mr_Evans
1/31/07 4:45:07AM
Aoki vs Hansen without a doubt.

The ability to pull a submission off like that, against a fighter like Hellboy Hansen, is in comparison a greater accomplishment that what Chonan did to a Chute Box trained fighter in Anderson Silva.

Only after Anderson had a falling out with Chute Box, did he go and train BJJ with the Nog bros and has since acquired his black belt status from them.
Jackelope
1/31/07 8:19:55AM
Not sure when it comes to the most technical and all of that. I'd have to say the most dramatic submission I've seen was Hughes final submission of Trigg in UFC 52. That was an amazing fight
--Hinch--
1/31/07 11:11:23AM
Nothing will top Nog's triangle on Coleman for me. It was beautiful.

Oh and the gogoplata, obviously.
amik
1/31/07 11:23:22AM
Royce Gracie to Art Jimmerson...

Jajajajajajajajajajaja

The most ridiculous submission of all time.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
roadking95th
1/31/07 2:30:22PM
Hackney's set up to the choke submission on Joe Son was excellent The decision should have been submission due to choking on own nuts!
gspfan31
1/31/07 2:49:18PM
got to go with chonan over silva, but other fav. is nog over herring
Unkoman
1/31/07 5:10:27PM
Fedor subbing Randleman after getting slammed on his head. That was fantastic.
ElGuApO91
1/31/07 5:13:02PM
chonan vs anderson was ridiculous but so was mir vs sylvia
the-james
1/31/07 10:37:37PM
Aoki's gogoplata for sure, the flying scissor heel hook was of the hook as well though
benihana
2/1/07 11:10:23AM
GOGOGOGOGOGOPLATA for sureeeeeeeeeeeee
not because im an aoki fan, but because that has got to be the sickest sub
ever, how often do u see a gogoplata pulled off anyway
i'd also hafta agree that armbar/kneebars were so yesterday too
cowcatcher
2/1/07 2:08:53PM
chonan's was the prettiest in terms of highlight reel subs, most humans can't do that even if they're in an exhibition
coxhead
2/1/07 4:39:56PM
i know its just mma talk but look on youtube for any genki sudo grappling and check out his flying triangles.. thats sick sick submission moves
Pages: 1 [2]