Best Submission Ever!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best Submission Ever!!!!
Taylor8766
7/23/07 3:29:33PM
What do you think is the best submission ever?
Blizzard
7/23/07 4:39:05PM
My vote is when Chonan sub'd Silva via flying scissor heel hook.
LHK
7/23/07 6:34:08PM
Yeah, that was very slick. He was getting destroyed too, perfect timing.
grappler0000
7/23/07 8:21:16PM
Chonan's heel hook was very impressive...Sato's flying armbar is also very nice. Here it is, in case you've never seen it:

Link
SpiderSilva
7/24/07 12:47:45AM
Bj Penn Matt Hughes #1 man that was soooooooo great to see Hughes lose too I didnt think Bj could do it
Frank Mir made Tim Silvias arm tap on the inside that was nice I dislike Silvia vary much
Gkizi
7/24/07 1:06:23AM
I will make a list of each submission :

Armbar - Hermes Franca vs Jamie Varner/Fedor vs Coleman 1/Rumina Sato vs Charles Taylor
Triangle - Big Nog vs Coleman
Rear Naked Choke - Genki Sudo vs Leigh Remedios
Kimura - Karo vs Dave Strasser
Arm-Triangle - Aurelio vs Gomi 1
Heel Hook - Anderson vs Chonan
Kneebar - Shogun vs Randleman/Thomson vs Sugie
Ultimate_fighter
7/24/07 2:26:42AM
I like Lytles sub when he did his triangle/armbar... that was great..
Aether
7/24/07 6:59:33AM
virtually anything by aoki. He had a standing armlock in shooto which was fairly impressive, and of course the first gogo in PRIDE against Hansen.
DJDark41
7/24/07 12:57:27PM

Posted by grappler0000

Chonan's heel hook was very impressive...Sato's flying armbar is also very nice. Here it is, in case you've never seen it:

Link

Chonans flying scissor heel hook on Anderson Silva, followed by Sato's flying armbar in a close second. I'm not sure how you make a decision to do something like that so early in a fight. I could understand doing it late in a fight when your losing and need to do something crazy to try and get a stoppage...but nontheless, DAMN!
bayonetxwork
7/24/07 3:54:01PM
Man, I always hear about this flying scissor heel hook, but I've never seen it, does anyone have a link? Out of the ones I've seen, I'd definitely have to say Sato's armbar
TOMMYAYO05
7/24/07 4:14:46PM

My vote is when Chonan sub'd Silva via flying scissor heel hook.
fedorwins1
7/24/07 4:26:38PM
Aoki always has some awesome submissions
grappler0000
7/24/07 9:12:11PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Man, I always hear about this flying scissor heel hook, but I've never seen it, does anyone have a link? Out of the ones I've seen, I'd definitely have to say Sato's armbar

Ironically, I was the one to post both of those videos here...if you go to the video section and do a search for "flying" you will find Chonan's fight.