The Best Submission

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The Best Submission
Ultimate_fighter
3/1/07 10:50:35PM
What is was the best submission in UFC/PRIDE history?
I think When Mike Swick put Joe Riggs in a Guillitine(sp error?) and joe rogan called it a swickitine!!
Dadaman
3/1/07 11:16:18PM
Gil Castilo's omoplata on Raymond Mansfield at IFC 10 was a thing of beauty.

The three gogos that have been completed in MMA thus far are also awesome.

Chonan's heel hook. Imanari's heel hooks.

My favorite submission of all time though has to be Genki Sudo's windmill to heel hook in Pancrase. He literally picks a guy up by his feet and just twirls him around, then puts him down and heel hooks him.
crimethinc
3/1/07 11:25:19PM

Posted by Dadaman

Chonan's heel hook.

I loved Chonan's flying scissor heel hook he did to Anderson Silva.
black96eclipse
3/1/07 11:58:20PM
One of my favs is Frank Mir tapping out Tank Abbott. Mir was only like 23 years old and didn't show a bit of fear against a legend like Tank. He got his arms tied up and put him in a heel hook within about two minutes of the first round.
mrsumo
3/2/07 12:12:00AM
When Jo San tapped out to Keith Hackney. May not be along the lines you were looking for, but he definitely tapped. That one is forever burned into my brain.
Snacks
3/2/07 12:25:41AM

Posted by Dadaman

Gil Castilo's omoplata on Raymond Mansfield at IFC 10 was a thing of beauty.

The three gogos that have been completed in MMA thus far are also awesome.

Chonan's heel hook. Imanari's heel hooks.

My favorite submission of all time though has to be Genki Sudo's windmill to heel hook in Pancrase. He literally picks a guy up by his feet and just twirls him around, then puts him down and heel hooks him.

3 Gogo's in MMA? Where's the 3rd?

My favorite submissions is Suzuki's headscissor/armbar.
bayonetxwork
3/2/07 2:56:43PM
I still love the far side armbar Hughes did on GSP the first time around. Either that or the one Karo did(don'/t remember the guys name) where he locked in a standing kimura, did a hip toss, and finished the kimura on the ground.
pv3Hpv3p
3/2/07 4:22:26PM
I really liked the inverted armbar thing (sorry don't know the name of it) that Mir slapped on Petey Williams... It just looked like it hurt so bad...

But one of the two gogo's from the past few months has to be the most interesting... I was sitting at the bar the other night trying to descride how the choke works, and you know it's got to be good if it's that hard to put into words...
Snacks
3/2/07 7:58:10PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I really liked the inverted armbar thing (sorry don't know the name of it) that Mir slapped on Petey Williams... It just looked like it hurt so bad...

But one of the two gogo's from the past few months has to be the most interesting... I was sitting at the bar the other night trying to descride how the choke works, and you know it's got to be good if it's that hard to put into words...

It's not hard to put into words, the shin is locked under the chin and you're pressing the head down while pushing the shin up, while the arm is locked in so they can't escape.
Stickan
3/2/07 8:15:01PM
Got most of my fav subs outside Pride and UFC but out of those I think I like GenkiĀ“s perfect RNC on Leigh Remedios at UFC 38 the most. The transition is what makes the submission so beautiful.

Gogoplata
3/2/07 10:22:32PM
Hands down, Diaz over Gomi by gogoplata.

I alos enjoyed Frank Mir breaking Sylvia's arm, 'cause man I hate that dude.

Also, Ed Herman's armbar submission recently over Chris Price was also pretty incredible, given the position it came from.

WAR BEING AT UFC 68 TOMORROW!
aceprone
3/2/07 10:36:42PM

Posted by Gogoplata

Hands down, Diaz over Gomi by gogoplata.

I alos enjoyed Frank Mir breaking Sylvia's arm, 'cause man I hate that dude.

Also, Ed Herman's armbar submission recently over Chris Price was also pretty incredible, given the position it came from.

WAR BEING AT UFC 68 TOMORROW!

Agreed Diaz gogoplata over Gomi was a beautiful thing. But my other favorit submission is Matt Hughes rear naked choke of Frank Trigg after coming back from getting kicked in the balls. One of the most amazing comebacks ever!
Savy
3/3/07 12:12:46AM
Frank Mir shoulder crank from his back

Another one of my favorites, Karos back roll kimura adainst Strasser is in there too.

Somebody, help me out. My favorite move ever happens @ 1:45 in that HL. Its a SICK setup to your textbook catch wrestling double wristlock.
But who is that? Anybody know? I think its Frank in a pancrase match but I'm not sure. Check it out, lemme know.
Svartorm
3/3/07 1:59:21AM
You can't really see the face, but the dude looks Japanese to me. Its a bitch with Pancrase fighters because they all dress the same. Being as he busted out a Northern Lights suplex, I'd hazard a guess and say its a pro-wrestler turned Pancrase fighter, but I have no clue who it is.
JimiMak
3/3/07 3:24:59AM
Looks like the only pro wresting thing in there. It's prob'ly pancrase. Northern Lights suplex in to a kimura. no matter what it is it looks worked. northern lights suplei (espexcially as a transition move) don't "just happen." Looked cool though, course that's why they did it that way.
Svartorm
3/3/07 4:01:44AM
I was going to mention the "worked" aspect, but being as I didn't know either guy I didn't want to say anything. I know if that were me on the receiving end of that, I'd try to hurl myself over his shoulder as fast as I could, as thats gotta put MAJOR strain on the abs to do something like that.
Savy
3/3/07 9:06:15PM
thanks sva, you know your shit bro
Tito74
3/4/07 1:43:57AM
Jason Mccdonalds sub on Leben and Herman were great and a plus on who he did it to.