Best Special F/X

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Best Special F/X
kopower
4/4/09 2:02:28PM
What movie just blew you away with special effects? I'm talking real special effects, not just CGI

Two that come to mind for me are The Thing and Aliens.

For a movie made in 82, The Thing was crazy. Especially the scene where the dudes head crawls away.

The Thing

Aliens when Bishop gets ripped in half.

Aliens

What are some of yours?
Wolfenstein
4/4/09 3:41:13PM
At the time at least, I thought Independance Day's exploding white house was pretty awesome.
SpiderSilva
4/4/09 4:14:17PM
jurassic park

this movie by far blew everything away
warglory
4/4/09 4:50:32PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

jurassic park

While this is true, the greatest special fx movie is by far the original Star Wars trilogy. I say all 3 because you can take any of the three and they all stand strong against most other films.
kopower
4/4/09 5:22:58PM
How could I forget about Star Wars and JP.
CwB
4/4/09 5:25:48PM
The movie 300 had a ton of visual effects that made the movie great but it was mostly cgi...

I just watched Poltergeist and i think it has the absolute worst special effect ever, when the guy is hallucinating in the mirror and peels away his face, it goes from real guy to playdo face that peels away... the rest of the special effects were pretty good though
C02
4/4/09 6:54:48PM
I can't wait for Transformers 2 I heard they spent a crap load on effects
SpiderSilva
4/4/09 10:10:20PM
when it comes to CG the Matrix set the standard for the future and I must also throw in Lord of the Rings
cowcatcher
4/4/09 11:07:35PM
at the time, and considering they used models for almost everything star wars(original trilogy) has the greatest special effects hands down. other movies around the time they came out like clash of the titans were cool, but look ridiculous by todays standards while the star wars movies still hold up to todays movies visually.
mrsmiley
4/6/09 7:03:49PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

jurassic park

Ding,ding,ding,ding,ding!!!!

We have a winner!