POLL: Who rocks it the most
Axl Rose-GNR 14% (5)
Mike Patton-Faith No More 26% (9)
Robert Plant-Led Zep 29% (10)
Freddie Mecury-Queen 23% (8)
Mick Jagger-The Stones 9% (3)
iwannabesedated
1/9/08 5:28:13PM
I know i can't put more than a few on here..but these are some that come to my mind.I know theres like a million i could put but..Im sure im forgetting someone else who is good but these just came to mind
babalu2720
1/9/08 6:57:14PM
Kurt Cobain
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/9/08 7:20:00PM
ok well I voted for Plant of course... but i dont get how how Patton's leading Mercury... just can't.
iwannabesedated
1/9/08 7:43:32PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

ok well I voted for Plant of course... but i dont get how how Patton's leading Mercury... just can't.

Patton i think is one of the best singers ever.Freddie however was an awesome frontman when it came to putting on a show and getting the crowd involved and being flashy,

I left Kurt Cobain off cause Uh...he wasnt a great singer,Wasnt a great Performer on stage and the Majority of their live stuff sounded like crap.He was a good songwriter but in my opinion Nirvana wasnt; even the best seattle band.I like Pearl Jam,Alice in Chains,and Soundgarden more than Nirvana.But in middle school and high school everyone was like yeah dude Nirvana man best band ever it kinda killed it for me.Yeah Great they killed off hair metal and made it cool to wear to flannels and doc martens but talent wise Kurt couldnt hold a candle singing wise to any of those guys on my list.

And i will still argue to this day that "Something in the way" is EMO
zephead
1/9/08 8:43:36PM
Gotta go with Robert Plant. When you had to but voice and lyrics to the music that Page wrote, you had to be the man.
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/9/08 8:45:37PM
well 40ounce... if Patton's gonna be there for his ''vocals'' (by the way mercury has sick vocals man, not just a great frontman, his voice is gold) might as well put Sebastian Bach up there...pfffff... oh and where do you think EMO comes from...comes from grunge, only grunge had less computers and techno stuff to work with ( even if they did have the technology i don't think they wouldve cared) EMO's basically the new cutting edge shower taking grunge with a cleaner sound and somewhat of a cheap melody. so might as well say all Nirvana is EMO
mrsmiley
1/9/08 8:46:47PM
Like choosing between a rock and a hard place.You may as well take Axl out though.The guy from FNM,from what I saw of them has a lot of presence and would probably get overlooked,but still,this comes down to Plant,Mercury,and Mick Jagger
ButterBalls
1/9/08 9:11:13PM
Is everyone forgetting Micheal in the Jackson 5?!?

Just kidding. Steven Tyler from Aerosmith could defenetly get added though, along with David Lee Roth in Van Halen and Ozzy in Black Sabbath.

iwannabesedated
1/9/08 9:15:16PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

well 40ounce... if Patton's gonna be there for his ''vocals'' (by the way mercury has sick vocals man, not just a great frontman, his voice is gold) might as well put Sebastian Bach up there...pfffff... oh and where do you think EMO comes from...comes from grunge, only grunge had less computers and techno stuff to work with ( even if they did have the technology i don't think they wouldve cared) EMO's basically the new cutting edge shower taking grunge with a cleaner sound and somewhat of a cheap melody. so might as well say all Nirvana is EMO

Actually emo started in mid eighties by the Veteran DC hardcore guys like Ian Mackeye.

The guys on the list i felt we're great singers and put on good shows.I guess Mick couldn't hit the high notes that say Plant and Axl can but as a frontman Mick stage presence is golden...But to your response EMO was before grunge.

Shit i shouldve put Tyler on the list..Like i said it was a spur of the moment deal and these guys came to mind.
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/9/08 9:49:12PM
Well dude I think we got different definitions of ''EMO'' cause, Ian MackAye is more punkish than EMO if u ask me. Anyways i hate EMO, Plant rocks, so let's end this.
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/9/08 9:54:39PM

Posted by ButterBalls

Is everyone forgetting Micheal in the Jackson 5?!?

Just kidding. Steven Tyler from Aerosmith could defenetly get added though, along with David Lee Roth in Van Halen and Ozzy in Black Sabbath.

check david lee roth outta there and replace by sammy hagar. roth=awsome showman/frontman...horrible voice, hagar= so-so frontman...awsome vocals
JoeySteel
1/9/08 9:58:18PM
Danzig. ALL these dudes are tool. F- Mike Patton. ALl his other bands other than faith no mo' SUCK, and even they kinda suck.

Danzig was the best punk singer and the best metal singer.

F - everyone else. Maybe not Tom Araya, Zach De La Rocha, John Connelly. David Brockie, Lou Reed and Joe Strumer. Everyone else is just a singer.
ButterBalls
1/9/08 10:13:55PM
I do have to second Danzig, he was f'n amazing.
iwannabesedated
1/9/08 10:14:08PM

Posted by JoeySteel

Danzig. ALL these dudes are tool. F- Mike Patton. ALl his other bands other than faith no mo' SUCK, and even they kinda suck.

F - everyone else. Maybe not Tom Araya, Zach De La Rocha, John Connelly. David Brockie, Lou Reed and Joe Strumer. Everyone else is just a singer.

MISFITS 77-83 FTW!!!!!!!!!

I listen to Punk Rock and Metal.

Misfits,Nofx,Ramones,Clash,Social D,Sublime would be my favorite band but i like these guys alot as well.

But to be honest best punk singer i'd say Gregg Gaffin from Bad Religion or Joey Ramone.

And Metal.....DIO and Halford is better than Danzig..

D0wnUnd6e6r
1/9/08 10:17:38PM

Posted by JoeySteel

Ah well, calling Robert Plant a tool just proves that dude you don't know shit bout music
loller90278
1/10/08 12:26:54AM
mercury with plant coming in a close second.
ButterBalls
1/10/08 12:33:26AM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by JoeySteel

MISFITS 77-83 FTW!!!!!!!!!

I listen to Punk Rock and Metal.

Misfits,Nofx,Ramones,Clash,Social D,Sublime would be my favorite band but i like these guys alot as well.

But to be honest best punk singer i'd say Gregg Gaffin from Bad Religion or Joey Ramone.

And Metal.....DIO and Halford is better than Danzig..

dude....Greg Graffin and Mike Ness are gods. I saw Social D a few months ago and they were bomb.
disorderlyvision
1/10/08 10:50:20AM
should of added none of the above to the poll
iwannabesedated
1/10/08 12:29:04PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

should of added none of the above to the poll

Should of not replied to the poll.
mrsmiley
1/10/08 3:23:46PM
Misfits all the way.

I have the crimson ghost tattoo!!!

cowcatcher
1/10/08 4:16:31PM
off of the list mercury is a really easy pick for me, im not a fan of zep at all(the honeydrippers rock though), and the others fall below the more obvious top two. im shocked that no one mentioned mr bungle when pattons name came up, that was his best work IMO. if i had to pick my fav of any band its frank black(or black francis) from the pixies, bb king saw them play once and said "i didnt know a white boy could wail like that".
Mayhem13
1/11/08 9:45:43PM
Freddie Mercury is the perfect "frontman" as far as showmanship and stage presence goes...he rocked the live shows..

but as far as talent/diversity/song writing/music biz smarts..the whole package..Mike Patton gets my vote. from Faith no More, to Tomahawk, to Peeping Tom, to the thing he did with DEP its all diverse but really freaking cool...and you cant leave out Mr.Bungle or Fantomas....and whatever that band was with the chick with that "Book of the Month" song