Best Rematch of all Time?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Best Rematch of all Time?
POLL: Best rematch if it happened?
Shogun/Machida 3 24% (6)
Couture/Liddell 4 12% (3)
GSP/Fitch 2 4% (1)
Rampage/Machida 2 24% (6)
Rampage/Evans 2 20% (5)
Lesnar/Mir 3 16% (4)
TS92turbo
3/15/11 6:01:15PM
In your opinion, what was the best rematch of all time, OR what would make the best rematch of all time.

I say Machida/Shogun 2. Shogun proved that he was the real deal in this bout.

Runner Up : Liddell/Couture 3. Liddell proved that he can beat a 3 time heavyweight champ, and a 2 time light heavyweight champ. Not once, but twice.

Best rematch if it happened : Couture/Liddell 4. They should do TUF 15, and have one final bout together. This would be Chucks last fight ever. I know, hes retired, but how awesome would this be? This is one of the only Ultimate Fighters I would watched.

The seasons I watched :

Season 1 : Couture/Liddell
Season 3 : Shamrock/Ortiz
Season 5 : Penn/Pulver
Season 8 : Mir/Big Nog
Season 9 : Hendo/Bisping
Season 10 : Rampage/Rashad
Half of Season 12 : Koscheck/St-Pierre

I found Season 10 and 12 kind of boring. My favorite was Couture/Liddell though. Absolute classic. I do plan on watching Lesnar/Dos Santos though. I think it will bring more potential to the series.

For the poll, my answer is Couture/Liddell 4, as I stated above.
Budgellism
3/15/11 7:18:36PM
To be honest I don't really want to see any of these rematches. Machida vs Shogun maybe, but not until Machida strings several wins together.
TS92turbo
3/15/11 8:02:51PM

Posted by Budgellism

To be honest I don't really want to see any of these rematches. Machida vs Shogun maybe, but not until Machida strings several wins together.

These were just suggestions. What rematch would you wanna see?
Budgellism
3/15/11 8:22:04PM
At the moment I'm looking most forward to Edgar vs. Maynard II. But in the future I would like to see a few rematches.

Rampage vs. Griffin II
Lesnar vs. Carwin II
Overeem vs. Kharitonov III (one that a lot of people might not think of that is very possible)
Rampage vs. Hendo II
Rampage vs. Arona (Although it will never happen)
Alvarez vs. Aoki II (Just for sweet revenge)
Alvarez vs. Kawjiri II

I'm running out of ideas but those are a few of the ones I've got in mind.
Budgellism
3/15/11 8:24:22PM

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by Budgellism

These were just suggestions. What rematch would you wanna see?

Also, not knocking your choices, I'm sure a lot of people are excited for those fights.
Budgellism
3/15/11 8:26:44PM

Posted by Budgellism

At the moment I'm looking most forward to Edgar vs. Maynard II. But in the future I would like to see a few rematches.

I'm dumb. I meant Edgar vs. Maynard III.
FastKnockout
3/15/11 9:20:38PM
The best rematch of all time to me was Liddell/Ortiz 2.

Ortiz had his ass handed to him, and STILL kept talking smack. What did Liddell do? Beat Ortiz's ass AGAIN, and Ortiz STILL KEPT TALKING. You can't shut the guy up, but you could tell from then on that Liddell owned Ortiz, and Ortiz knew it, no matter how much he talked. For example, on the Liddell/Ortiz season of TUF, when Ortiz was walking toward Liddell's team, you could see the fear in Ortiz's eyes when Liddell jumped from the octagon and ran at him. He just kept yelling and backing up, but the fear on his face was there.

As for a rematch I'd like to see, nothing would be better then watching Machida tool Ortiz again.
TeamDEY
3/15/11 10:07:35PM
Gotta go with Rampage vs Machida. The 3rd round started to get good I would love to see a 4th.
lohmann
3/15/11 10:54:23PM
In the UFC, the second Trigg/Hughes fight is probably my favorite rematch. The fight was filled, in the space of four minutes, with everything a great fight needs.
TS92turbo
3/16/11 3:46:40PM
IMO, I would like to see a full out brawl between Rampage and Evans. Like a straight up bang fest, then we will see who can talk the most S#!&.
prozacnation1978
3/16/11 4:58:08PM
Best rematch may be gsp vs hughes even though it is a trilogy

Gsp begging ufc for title shot. Beating hughes. A birth of a new era was born!!
TimW001
3/17/11 12:47:15AM

Posted by Budgellism

I suppose a rematch I would like to see would be Werdum/Alistair. Or Penn/Fitch.
hammerhead1
3/19/11 3:16:17AM
They all sound good but the ones i have in mind would be

Rampage vs Machida II
Rampage vs Evans II
Rampage vs Hendo II
Machida vs Shogun III
Lesnar vs Carwin II
Lesnar vs Velasquez II
Penn vs Fitch II
Jones vs Bader II
Bisping vs Rivera II