Best record in MMA......?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best record in MMA......?
Biggz
11/29/08 6:28:06PM
i am just wondering who everyone thinks has the best record in MMA, the catch is im not going by Wins and losses, im going by beating opponents, in other words who has beaten the most good fighters in their career.

name your top three in order:
Mine are:
1. Chuck Liddell- with wins over, Wandy, Tito (twice), Babalu (twice), Couture (twice), Jeremy Horn, Vitor Belfort, Randleman, Monson.

2. Dan Henderson with wins over: Wandy, Vitor Belfort, Ninja Rua, Renzo Gracie, Babalu, Nog.

3. Cro Cop? (not sure if he should be #3) wins over, Barnett (three times), Wandy, Coleman, Aleksander Emelianenko

jiujitsufreak74
11/29/08 6:29:53PM

one word...Fedor

wins over: Arona, Babalu, Schilt, Herring, Big Nog x2, Coleman x2, Randleman, CC, Hunt, Lindland, Sylvia
EvenFlow
11/29/08 7:43:08PM
Miguel Torres 34-1 about to be 35-1
aaa9erh8er
11/29/08 7:51:15PM
what about wandy the king of pride for all those years. and honestly forests list is growing-rampage,shogun,(imo) tito.
and of course big nog hes beaten a lot of top guys
mentalcase
11/29/08 9:45:17PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

what about wandy the king of pride for all those years. and honestly forests list is growing-rampage,shogun,(imo) tito.

wandy racked up a lot of wins in pride cause they fed him plenty of japanies cans, Shungo Oyama, Alexander Otsuka,

Kiyoshi Tamura-(was coming off 3 consecutive losses when he got a title shot, work that out?)

Hiromitsu Kanehara,-(also WTF, went 1-10 after his title shot)

Hidehiko Yoshida,-(royce beat him down hard then wandy did),
Ikuhisa Minowa,-(good little submmision fighter but never in wandys league)

haveing said all that wandy did back it up with 2 superb wins over rampage- but was beaten by the first Brazilian he fought in pride, and the first match with hendo should have been a draw

so thats proof wandy was protected in pride
- but im not saying he would have lost to good fighter, just he didnt get a chance to fight many top fighter as a champ
EvenFlow
11/29/08 9:54:47PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by aaa9erh8er

wandy racked up a lot of wins in pride cause they fed him plenty of japanies cans, Shungo Oyama, Alexander Otsuka,

Kiyoshi Tamura-(was coming off 3 consecutive losses when he got a title shot, work that out?)

haveing said all that wandy did back it up with 2 superb wins over rampage- but was beaten by the first Brazilian he fought in pride, and the first match with hendo should have been a draw

- but im not saying he would have lost to good fighter, just he didnt get a chance to fight many top fighter as a champ

cmill21
11/29/08 10:00:22PM
I don't know if you should consider him "protected". In Pride they fought up to once a month, theres just not enough top guys to fight when your competeing every month.
mentalcase
11/29/08 10:12:31PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by aaa9erh8er

is that all you got?! explain to me how im a troll or 1 single inaccuracy in what i just wrote, wait wait, oh yeah thats right u cant

you have no argument u have nothing-what did i offend you cause you like wandy

well guess what so do I
- i am not anti wandy, im anti pride bullshit match makeing
3 fights that he destroyed sakuraba and their was going to be a 4th (at pride shockwave 2004)

but never once a rematch with vitor belfort or a fight like that
u would think he would want to avenge a loss like that

im blaming pride not wandy -i like wandy he brings it every time he fight an excellent fighter i have a lot of respect for!
EvenFlow
11/29/08 10:59:28PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by aaa9erh8er

is that all you got?! explain to me how im a troll or 1 single inaccuracy in what i just wrote, wait wait, oh yeah thats right u cant

you have no argument u have nothing-what did i offend you cause you like wandy

well guess what so do I
- i am not anti wandy, im anti pride bullshit match makeing
3 fights that he destroyed sakuraba and their was going to be a 4th (at pride shockwave 2004)

but never once a rematch with vitor belfort or a fight like that
u would think he would want to avenge a loss like that

im blaming pride not wandy -i like wandy he brings it every time he fight an excellent fighter i have a lot of respect for!

1) At the time many of the fighters he beat were world class, Mezger, Henderson (which was not a draw lol) Saku 3 times, Tamura (who cares if he came off a loss) Yoshida twice, Kondo, Rampage twice, Arona, Fujita. Very competitive fights with Cro Cop twice (loss and draw) and a close fight against Hunt which he couldve won, as well as the Chuck fight where he didnt use strategy at all.

2) Yet you think he was protected in pride because you disregard some of them as good fighters, like I said not a very well thought out, especially when you said the Hendo fight shoulda been a draw.
mentalcase
11/29/08 11:06:36PM
see u got jack shit, u have no argument whatsoever
just post a stupid comment that makes no sense

im not reponding to this thread anymore, cause id be better off doing this

EvenFlow
11/29/08 11:11:11PM

Posted by mentalcase

see u got jack shit, u have no argument whatsoever
just post a stupid comment that makes no sense

im not reponding to this thread anymore, cause id be better off doing this

oh man... nevermind
soundboy1
11/29/08 11:25:41PM
well that was exciting!

1.Fedor
2.Royce Gracie!
3.Forrest
StorminYourman
11/29/08 11:39:25PM
I gotta go with Fedor also on this one
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/29/08 11:40:37PM

Mental i suggest you take back what you said about wand.......
seanfu
11/30/08 12:56:00AM
Not sayiing he needs to be a top 3 but I'm surprized no one even mentioned Hughes. I don't like the guy but he was a monster because he cleaned out his division at the time (the only major 170 division).

I don't even want to put a list together really, it's too difficult. There are a lot of great top competitors.
jiujitsufreak74
11/30/08 1:07:47AM
how am i the only one to say Fedor...i'm disappointed
kris_ericson
11/30/08 1:12:20AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

funniest things ive seen in awhile
kris_ericson
11/30/08 1:15:00AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Second person StorminYourman said it
jiujitsufreak74
11/30/08 1:21:29AM

Posted by kris_ericson

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Second person StorminYourman said it

well i was the first to say it. then soundboy and then stormin. i just read through it again and realized i was mistaken. even still, i don't get how the TS didn't mention Fedor since he is the obvious answer by far.
StorminYourman
11/30/08 1:50:05AM

Posted by kris_ericson

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

funniest things ive seen in awhile

ROFLAMO I have not seen anything that funny in a while
haggiswashere
11/30/08 3:36:10AM
Khaos
11/30/08 4:00:36AM

Posted by haggiswashere
Or this guy

man you know you suck when you fought the same guy 3 times, lost each in under a minute, and 2 of the 3 endend different ways in the same time of :41. You also know you suck when the longest you've been in a fight is about 90 seconds
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/30/08 7:29:08AM

Posted by Khaos

Posted by haggiswashere
Or this guy

man you know you suck when you fought the same guy 3 times, lost each in under a minute, and 2 of the 3 endend different ways in the same time of :41. You also know you suck when the longest you've been in a fight is about 90 seconds

I got respect for "The Ho Bag" he still gets in there and puts it on the line...
dannyfrank
11/30/08 9:20:58AM

Posted by haggiswashere

This Guy
Or this guy

thats just
warglory
11/30/08 9:54:45AM
GSP by far has the best record as far as name throwing goes:

Matt Hughes (2x), Josh Koscheck, Sean Sherk, BJ Penn, Jon Fitch, Matt Serra, Frank Trigg, Jason Miller, Karo Parisyan, Pete Spratt, Jay Hieron.

Every single one of those guys are very talented fighters that bring a fight to the table.
aaa9erh8er
11/30/08 2:37:59PM

Posted by warglory

GSP by far has the best record as far as name throwing goes:

Matt Hughes (2x), Josh Koscheck, Sean Sherk, BJ Penn, Jon Fitch, Matt Serra, Frank Trigg, Jason Miller, Karo Parisyan, Pete Spratt, Jay Hieron.

Every single one of those guys are very talented fighters that bring a fight to the table.

i gotta agree with that for sure. not only did he beat alot of these guys but it was in a very comanding way
chickmagnet
11/30/08 3:27:31PM
Here they are:

Anderson Silva: Rich Franklin(twice), Leben, Lutter, Marquardt, Hendo

Chuck Liddell: Randy(twice), Tito(twice), Wanderlei, Babalu(twice), Randleman, Belfort, Horn.

GSP: Hughes(twice), Penn, Serra, Fitch, Trigg, Kos, Sherk, Mayhem

BJ Penn: Hughes, Serra, Gomi, Sherk, Duane Ludwig, Pulver, and in 2 months GSP.

Forrest Griffin: Rampage and Shogun

Matt Hughes: St Pierre, BJ, Sherk, Trigg(twice)

Randy Couture: Chuck, Tito, Horn, Belfort(twice), Gonzaga, Sylvia, Randleman

Wanderlei Silva: Rampage(twice), Jardine, Saku(three times), Arona, Yoshida, Henderson

Rampage Jackson: Arona, Chuck(twice), Henderson, Randleman

FEDOR E; Nog(twice) Cro Cop, Sylvia, Babalu, Coleman(twice), HMC, Heath, Arona, Randleman

Mirko Cro Cop: Barnett(three times) Aleks, Wanderlei, Coleman, Igor

Andrei Arlovski: Sylvia, Rothwell, BC Nelson, Buentello, Vlad M, Werdum

Tim Sylvia: AA(twice), Monson, Ricco, Vera

Big Nog: Sylvia, Cro Cop, Coleman, Herring(three times), Henderson,

Dan Henderson: Vitor Belfort, Wanderlei, Ninja, Babalu. Big Nog, Chonan, Gono, Renzo

Keith Jardine: Chuck and Forrest (only man to have victories over both men)

Josh Barnett: Big Nog, Rizzo, Couture, Yoshida, Aleks, Semmy Schilt, Mark Hunt, Monson.

Kenflo: Lauzon, Din Thomas, Huerta, Joe Daddy

mrsmiley
11/30/08 3:27:37PM
One guy I have got to mention is Igor Vovchanchyn

The guy had 31 wins in a row.
In between their he had a draw and a no contest.The no contest was originaly a win,but was later changed due to illegal knee strikes.
But nevertheless,he finished Mark Kerr in his prime,along with Gary Goodridge and Saku to boot.

I have to mention Fedor as well,along with Matt Hughes.
mrkennedy
11/30/08 3:29:57PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Miguel Torres 34-1 about to be 35-1

im not sure after urijah lost