Best real fight team?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best real fight team?
big_timmy
10/4/08 8:27:06AM
Its hard to go past Miletich Camp, but whats the best MMA team going around?

Who would win in an all in brawl between Miletich and Xtreme Couture?
Aaronno9
10/4/08 9:11:26AM
I think the recent trend going round nowadays is just don't pick against a guy from jacksons camp, so they must be up there. Who does milletich even have nowdays? I thought most of the tops guys had branched out to new gyms or started their own in hughes case.
juanez13
10/4/08 9:26:09AM
Yea i dont think Miletech is not a top camp anymore

I think the 3 Big camps right now are ATT, Xtreme Couture, and Greg Jackson's camp.
Bowen50
10/4/08 9:31:38AM
it's definitly Xtreme Couture and Jacksons MMA. lets let Forrest Vs. Rashad be the tie breaker.
big_timmy
10/4/08 9:52:45AM
I guess Miletich is on the way down now. But its hard to go past them as the greatest team of champions over the years.

Jacksons team does have 2 dudes who have beaten chuck, and thats gotta be a banner above the door for any gym.

And Xtreme Couture does have 2 UFC champs, and again, thats something to behold.
grappler0000
10/4/08 10:04:42AM

Posted by juanez13

Yea i dont think Miletech is not a top camp anymore

I think the 3 Big camps right now are ATT, Xtreme Couture, and Greg Jackson's camp.

I agree. There was a time when you could argue that Miletich, BTT, and Chute Boxe had the top guys, but as of right now, Juanez is spot on.
Jackelope
10/4/08 11:33:55AM
Black House/Team Noguiera is the top camp by far right now. Nog's going to continue to reign atop the HW division, Filho will come in and make waves, and there's no need to explain how dominant Silva is. Not to mention Lil' Nog, Machida, and a host of others.

Jackson and Xtreme Couture are right there but IMO while they gameplan good, they just don't have the fighter execution that Black House does.

Miletich's top fighters these days are Rothwell, Sylvia, Fisher and McFedries. They just aren't the same camp they once were. Agreed that years ago they were the dominant camp, but that was going on 3 years now. ATT is also a great camp, but we won't see the full potential out of them for another couple years. Give it 3 or 4 years and I bet there will be several ATT champs in the UFC
JoeySteel
10/4/08 11:37:36AM
Brazilian Top Team?

What the Heck?

Didn't there used to be a camp between Big Nog and the Spider? Black House or something like that, and Machida was in it too I think.

What's up with that?
juanez13
10/4/08 3:37:11PM

Posted by Jackelope

Black House/Team Noguiera is the top camp by far right now. Nog's going to continue to reign atop the HW division, Filho will come in and make waves, and there's no need to explain how dominant Silva is. Not to mention Lil' Nog, Machida, and a host of others.

Jackson and Xtreme Couture are right there but IMO while they gameplan good, they just don't have the fighter execution that Black House does.

Miletich's top fighters these days are Rothwell, Sylvia, Fisher and McFedries. They just aren't the same camp they once were. Agreed that years ago they were the dominant camp, but that was going on 3 years now. ATT is also a great camp, but we won't see the full potential out of them for another couple years. Give it 3 or 4 years and I bet there will be several ATT champs in the UFC

I disagree, Although Black House does have a couple great fighters, they havent been in it long enough, they lack in the depth department, while cams like ATT and Xtreme Couture has a much more in depth roster. Aside from a couple of successful fighters coming out of Black House (who were successful before they go in) they really havent really build up fighters, which no doubt they will, but it'll take time, they are still relatively new. Although they have two UFC champs, i think the success of the camp needs to be measured by the success of their whole roster, which aside from their few top fighters, they havent showed much yet, while camps like ATT and Xtreme couture have.
Jackelope
10/4/08 3:50:41PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Jackelope

I disagree, Although Black House does have a couple great fighters, they havent been in it long enough, they lack in the depth department, while cams like ATT and Xtreme Couture has a much more in depth roster. Aside from a couple of successful fighters coming out of Black House (who were successful before they go in) they really havent really build up fighters, which no doubt they will, but it'll take time, they are still relatively new. Although they have two UFC champs, i think the success of the camp needs to be measured by the success of their whole roster, which aside from their few top fighters, they havent showed much yet, while camps like ATT and Xtreme couture have.

I suppose it's how you define "best" then. I define "best" as the camp that has the most successful members. With 3 champions, another soon-to-be champion (Machida) it's hard for me to deny their greatness.

I think if Rashad wins over Griffin you can make an argument for Jackson's being the top camp, but otherwise I don't see how you can make an argument.

As for deepest roster of talent then absolutely Xtreme Couture, ATT and Greg Jackson's takes the cake IMO.
Nitrus
10/4/08 5:16:11PM

Black House has the best camp, the prove, is just look to their fighters, we have TWO dominant champions, and one Top Contender.

You can say Greg has the best camp, the fighters, really impress, but they don't give results. Rashad can be the first champion, if he does that, their camp maybe, can enter in discussion against Black House.

Xtreme Couture is the nearest camp right now, having Couture and forrest, and Tyson Griffin as top contender and a lot of other fighters in good situation, you can say Xtreme is the better, but in my opinion, Black House take this one.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/4/08 5:39:39PM

Posted by Nitrus

You can say Greg has the best camp, the fighters, really impress, but they don't give results. Rashad can be the first champion, if he does that, their camp maybe, can enter in discussion against Black House.

does GSP count for being a champ under Jackson?
Nitrus
10/4/08 7:06:13PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Nitrus

Yeah,I forgot about GSP.
Now Greg camp can join the discussion

But I continue thinking that Black House is the best around
Jackelope
10/4/08 7:35:49PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Nitrus

I counted GSP so that's why I didn't completely close out Jackson from the conversation. Still, that's one champion whereas Black House has Filho, Noguiera, and Silva.
juanez13
10/4/08 8:00:19PM

Posted by Nitrus

Black House has the best camp, the prove, is just look to their fighters, we have TWO dominant champions, and one Top Contender.

Xtreme Couture is the nearest camp right now, having Couture and forrest, and Tyson Griffin as top contender and a lot of other fighters in good situation, you can say Xtreme is the better, but in my opinion, Black House take this one.

aside from their top dogs (Nog , Machida, A.Silva,Filho) they dont have anybody else that is worth mentioning, all 4 of which were alreayd good fighters before joining black house. All their other fighter are virtually unknown, and are fighting lower level competition, while the other camps mentioned before have tons of guys fighting top competition constantly, and have plenty guys in top orgs. Put it this way, if they were to have a team competition against the other camps, they would get their lose to all those teams.
Nitrus
10/4/08 8:24:12PM

Posted by juanez13

aside from their top dogs (Nog , Machida, A.Silva,Filho) they dont have anybody else that is worth mentioning, all 4 of which were alreayd good fighters before joining black house. All their other fighter are virtually unknown, and are fighting lower level competition, while the other camps mentioned before have tons of guys fighting top competition constantly, and have plenty guys in top orgs. Put it this way, if they were to have a team competition against the other camps, they would get their lose to all those teams.

They got a lot of good up and comers fighters, one of then is Rafael Feijão, which is doing a lot of damage in LHW division, soon I hope see he in UFC!

I don't think he's fighting against good competition, I have to agree with you, but he's showing enough skills to handle with bigger fishes out there
juanez13
10/4/08 8:35:00PM

Posted by Nitrus

Posted by juanez13

They got a lot of good up and comers fighters, one of then is Rafael Feijão, which is doing a lot of damage in LHW division, soon I hope see he in UFC!

I don't think he's fighting against good competition, I have to agree with you, but he's showing enough skills to handle with bigger fishes out there

Absolutely, they got upcoming talent. But they are still relatively a new team, Im sure in a few years when they are established completely they'll be one/the top team, but as of now just having a couple good fighters doesnt make them the best team. ATT/Xtreme Couture are already established, with a big stable of fighters, something Black House is working towards.
Nitrus
10/4/08 8:42:26PM

Posted by juanez13

Absolutely, they got upcoming talent. But they are still relatively a new team, Im sure in a few years when they are established completely they'll be one/the top team, but as of now just having a couple good fighters doesnt make them the best team. ATT/Xtreme Couture are already established, with a big stable of fighters, something Black House is working towards.

Yes Sure, but this work the Black House is doing, tranning their up and comers fighters is amazing, and already having 3 champions, in overall i think Black House is the best.

Jackson already have a lot of good fighters, I can nominee 10 easily (Not forgeting GSP now ) but, you see Jackson trainning up and comers that are in level of Feijão?

I don't know anyone, if have, i'd like to know
bls1919
10/5/08 12:06:09AM
Black house for sure
Greg jackson's team
Team Sit Yo Tong(dong)SP Mark Delagrotti is the man. Top of the game Mui Thai trainer
Naturaldisaster
10/5/08 12:55:36AM
I gotta go with Greg Jacksons camp.
higdon10
10/7/08 9:13:52PM
Greg Jackson is the man...
PeteD
10/8/08 2:28:11PM
It's difficult to judge who has the best fight team. What factors contribute making a camp "the best?

Is it in terms of the coaches, quality of the fighters in the camp, having the "big name" guys, number of "top contenders"? Or is it the ability to turn out champions?

Here's my own little analysis and breakdown of some of the "top" mma camps in the world (listing, IMO, top 10 guys in each camp)

American Kickboxing Academy:
-Paul Buentello
-Richard Crunkilton
-Josh Koscheck
-Jon Fitch
-Cung Le - Strikeforce Middleweight champion
-Trevor Prangley - Former BodogFight Middleweight Champion
-Bobby Southworth
-Mike Swick
-Josh Thompson
-Cain Velasquez

American Top Team (has too many fighters to list them all):
-Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante
-Thiago Alves
-Wilson Gouveia
-Denis Kang
-Thiago Silva
-Antonio Sliva - EliteXC Heavyweight Champion
-Mike Brown - Top contender WEC Featherweight
-Gleison Tibau
-Marcus Aurelio
-Luigi Fioravanti

Black House:
-Carlos Barreto
-Rafael Feijao
-Paulo Filho - Current WEC Middleweight Champion (Undefeated 16-0)
-Lyoto Machida - Undefeated 13-0

Jackson's Submission Fighting:
-Georges St. Pierre - Current UFC Welterweight Champion
-Rashad Evans - UFC Light Heavyweight Top Contender
-Keith Jardine
-David Loiseau
-Jason Macdonald
-Nate Marquardt
-Joey Villasenor - EliteXC Middleweight Top Contender
-Roger Huerta
-Leonard Garcia
-Karo Parisyan

Miletich Fighting Systems:
-Drew McFedries
-Mike Whitehead
-Spencer Fischer
-Jens Pulver - Former UFC Lightweight Champion
-Tim Sylvia - Former UFC Heavyweight Champion
-Tony Fryklund
-Ben Rothwell - Former IFL Heavyweight Champion
-Cory Hill
-Jason Black

Minnesota Martial Arts Academy:
-Sean Sherk
-Brock Lesner
-Nick Thompson
-Logan Clark
-Brock Larson

Team Punishment:
-Tito Ortiz - Former UFC Light-Heavyweight Champion
-Rob McCullough - Former WEC Lightweight Champion
-Melvin Guillard
-Kendal Grove
-Matt Hamill
-Tiki Gohsen

Team Quest:
-Ryan Schultz - Former IFL Lightweight Champion
-Matt Horwich - Former IFL Middleweight Champion
-Matt Lindland
-Ed Herman
-Chael Sonnen
-Dan Henderson - Former PRIDE Middleweight and Welterweight Champion
-Sokoudjou
-Jason "Mayhem" Miller - Former ICON Sport Middleweight Champion

Xtreme Couture Mixed Martial Arts:
-Randy Couture - Former UFC Light Heavyweight and Current Heavyweight Champion
-Forrest Griffin - Current UFC Light Heavyweight Champion
-Tyson Griffin
-Goran Reljic
-Sam Stout
-Mac Danzig
-Martin Kampmann
-Gina Carano
-Jay Hieron
-Mike Pyle
-John Allesio
PeteD
10/8/08 2:31:42PM
Looking at it in this respect, Team Quest is the best fight camp because it has produced the most champions.

However, in terms of top competitors, I consider it a close, four way tie between American Kickboxing Academy, American Top Team, Xtreme Couture, and Jackson's Submission Fighting
emfleek
10/8/08 2:31:43PM
Greg Jackson =

It's hard to pick against one of his guys.
4u2nv
10/8/08 5:03:57PM
Wow idk... but i think is R. Evans an pull this one out of his as$ then i think Greg Jackson has a great camp. But Black House or old Chute Boxe is the best by far honestly.