Best Rapper of all Time?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Best Rapper of all Time?
TS92turbo
3/19/11 12:05:56PM
I listen to pretty much everything besides Country. I love Techno when I work out, I used to listen to Metal every day, but I am here to ask who the best rapper/rappers of all time are.

TOP 5

5. Jay-Z
4. Tech N9ne
3. Biggie Smalls
2. Nas
1. NWA

And for the best Rapper in NWA, I would say it goes to Dr. Dre. He is the only one who is still around and selling records. But if Eazy E was still alive, then he would be the one.

grappler0000
3/19/11 12:10:12PM
I won't use the word best, but my favorite rapper of all time is Dre.
kopower
3/19/11 12:17:37PM
My favorite and arguably the best is Eminem. His albums alone are solid, not to mention all the mixtapes and diss tracks.
sparky
3/19/11 12:33:28PM
1. Tupac
2. Jay-z
3. Big L
4. Notorious B.I.G
5. Sticky Fingaz
State_Champ
3/19/11 12:51:44PM
This is just my opinion:

1. Jay-Z
2. Tupac
3. Notorious B.I.G.
4. Eminem
5.Dr. Dre

Edit:

...Lupe Fiasco
Budgellism
3/19/11 1:10:12PM
Dre, Eminem, Biggie, Tupac, Jay-Z are guys I've always liked. More recently I'm loving Wiz Khalifa though.
TeamDEY
3/19/11 1:30:37PM
1. Tupac
2. Biggy
3. Jay Z
4. Eminem
5. Andre

I think Lil Wayne will be Top 5 when he is done. He honestly could be in it now.
FastKnockout
3/19/11 2:17:29PM

Posted by kopower

My favorite and arguably the best is Eminem. His albums alone are solid, not to mention all the mixtapes and diss tracks.

Agreed.
teddythetuna
3/19/11 2:27:41PM
Dont listen to much rap but Snoop, TI, and Lil Wayne ill listen to if they are on. Eminem's stuff is preety funny and the man can rap for sure. Got much respect for guys like Tupac, NWA, Dre, Jay-z. I have a major crush on Nicki Minaj. That woman is too fine. Love the booty.
Basshandsome
3/19/11 2:31:09PM
#1 - Immortal Technique

Other top rappers: Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Canibus, Chino XL, Murs, Necro, and Vinnie Paz.

EDIT: I think Jay-z, OLD Nas, Tu pac, Big L, and Biggie are all great but I don't think that they are the BEST although they are the most popular and appeal to alot of people. I don't think Lil Wayne is top 200.
kopower
3/19/11 2:38:18PM

Posted by Basshandsome

#1 - Immortal Technique

Other top rappers: Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Canibus, Chino XL, Murs, Necro, and Vinnie Paz.

EDIT: I think Jay-z, OLD Nas, Tu pac, Big L, and Biggie are all great but I don't think that they are the BEST although they are the most popular and appeal to alot of people. I don't think Lil Wayne is top 200.

I like the list. Dance with the Devil by Immortal Technique is one of my favorite songs all time.
Biggz
3/19/11 3:44:15PM
What defines as the "best"? Best commercial rapper, most albums sold, best lyricist ect...

I cant stand real commercial rap (hip pop) like Solja boy and all that ****. I think best has to go to the best lyricist, which in my opinion are....

Slaughterhouse and Eminem
sparky
3/19/11 4:15:04PM

Posted by Basshandsome

#1 - Immortal Technique

Vinnie Pazz is a beast I hear you on that!!!
Cdellorso
3/19/11 6:25:10PM
run DMC cannot be left out- LL Cool J
Kool moe dee KRS one

PIONEERS

Sugar Hill Gang
Budgellism
3/19/11 7:14:01PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by Basshandsome

#1 - Immortal Technique

I like the list. Dance with the Devil by Immortal Technique is one of my favorite songs all time.

Very intense song.
Drudinh
3/19/11 9:03:19PM
This was a topic onve before. and I answer again Jay z
Khaos
3/20/11 1:35:08AM
I'd say:

Ice T
N.W.A
Sir-Mix-A-Lot
Jurassic 5
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/20/11 2:38:17PM
Since this is a subjective topic, I will just answer who my favorite mc's are.

Top 4 (because I'm too lazy to write 5)

1. Tech N9ne - The first time I heard "Absolute Power" I became a fan. I feel that he's kinda fell off in his most recent offerings but he still destroys 90% of the game.

2. Brother Ali - I flat out love the way this guy rhymes. I still remember the first time I heard the instant classic "Room with a View." Other favorites are "Uncle Sam Goddamn," " Lookin at me sideways," "Truth is" and "Freedom ain't free."

3. Scarface - I'm from the south so he had to be on this list. His rhymes and his storytelling made for one of the greatest southern hip hop albums ever, "The Diary."

4. 2pac - Amazing mc that wasn't scared to touch on a variety of topics. His two cd greatest hits isn't enough to do him justice.

There you have it, my top 4. You're welcome j/k
RyanC
3/21/11 7:11:16AM
Sage Francis
Slug
State_Champ
3/21/11 10:05:32AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Brother Ali - I flat out love the way this guy rhymes. I still remember the first time I heard the instant classic "Room with a View." Other favorites are "Uncle Sam Goddamn," " Lookin at me sideways," "Truth is" and "Freedom ain't free."

emfleek
3/21/11 10:34:01AM
WEIRD AL YANKOVIC!!

MMAOvertime
3/22/11 5:50:57PM
Jay-Z
Boo_Radley21
3/23/11 11:24:36AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7
3. Scarface - I'm from the south so he had to be on this list. His rhymes and his storytelling made for one of the greatest southern hip hop albums ever, "The Diary."

Props for Scarface. I can't say best of all time, but my favourites are:
Methodman/Redman as they go hand in hand
Scarface
Ice Cube
Wu Tang
B-Real
Boo_Radley21
3/24/11 12:11:30PM
Going along with Scarface, Geto Boys had some awesome songs when they were goin.

Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangsta

Geto Boys - Still

Geto Boys - Yes Yes Yall
Pookie
3/24/11 9:31:02PM
Slug & Tupac have been the most consistent in putting out top quality music.

Other greats - Nas, Dmx, & Eminem
State_Champ
3/24/11 11:33:51PM

Posted by Pookie

Slug & Tupac have been the most consistent in putting out top quality music.

Other greats - Nas, Dmx, & Eminem

Nas.
Nas deserved mention.
Budgellism
4/5/11 6:00:01PM
Childish Gambino is a new guy I found that I love. Freaks and Geeks is a great song and this acoustic version is fantastic.

LINK
pmoney
4/5/11 8:04:46PM
Tupac is the best rapper ever. Hip hop has been going steeply downhill since his demise.

Rap used to be more socially conscious and uplifting. And while Tupac had some serious thug sh!t coming out, he also had "Keep your head up", "Dear Mama", "Life goes on" (right name?) and a whole host of others. Tupac had messages in his songs.

Most everything nowadays is complete ****. Typical lyrics, (written by me)

"I'm a gangbanger, I am gonna sell crack and kill whores and f*** bitches with my n****, we're gonna bang on other n**** cause they don't live on our street"
or
"Bitch lemme f*** that p****, I'm gonna nut in that p**** get you pregnant, suck my dick, f*** your a**"

I hate Immortal Technique specifically because of Dance with the devil. I guess that song points out the perpetuation of the ignorance of "the hood" and the gangster lifestyle, but it is so graphic that when I hear that song I want to pull a Dexter and go kill all the gangbanging ***** in Riverside. And if you live in Riverside county, you know that's no small task.

Rap is setting the human race back more and more every day.

Don't get me started on women's suffrage!