best rapper alive?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » best rapper alive?
Next Page »
TheHitmanTL
10/13/08 7:26:59PM
man i hate how lil wayne calls himself the best rapper alive cus at the end of the day LIL WAYNE ******* SUCKS !!! lil waynes rhymes dont make sense he just throws together words that rhyme and puts them together in a sentence.... when your mixtapes are better than your albums....thats sayin something lol but idk i cant stand lil wayne..
A) you cant understand a damn word he says
B) he makes no freaking sense
and
C) there are way better rappers than him

lyrically... it think NaS is the best rapper alive...go listen to illmatic and tell me that shit dont flow

WHO IS THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE??
dannyfrank
10/13/08 7:38:36PM
i like older rap so much better.

2Pac
Biggy
NWA
Wu-Tang

the classics
FrankTheTank1181
10/13/08 8:00:03PM
Most rappers nowadays aren't very good. I think this skit from Family Guy about sums it up:

Police Scanner: We have a gang shooting on Third and Main, three wounded one dead.
Brian Griffin: Is it me or is rap music just getting lazier?

Rap hasn't been good in many years. Tupac is probably the best rapper ever, alive or dead.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/13/08 8:01:54PM
im not sure about the best rapper alive right now, but the four best rappers ever imo .....

BIG L
Tupac
Eazy-E
Biggie
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/13/08 8:14:42PM
best rappers alive

weezy
kanye
t.i.
mos def
rza
gza
ludacris (when he tries)
8ball
mjg
edit: forgot nas
juanez13
10/13/08 8:18:39PM
Kanye
Common
Andre 3000
Bone Thugs n Harmony
Method man & Redman
Mos Def

Everything else is sh*t is u ask me.
Amigop
10/13/08 8:28:57PM
Dr. Dre
N.W.A.
Cypress Hill
Ice Cube
Snoop Dogg
Biggie
Tupac
DMX
Eazy E
Sugar hill gang lol
Public Enemy
Aaronno9
10/13/08 8:44:49PM
RZA
Dre
Eminem (Flame away, i geniunly believe hes one of the most talented rappers around.)
immortal technique
Shawn91111
10/13/08 8:48:21PM
Cant believe no one has named Rakim yet. He was one of the most influential rappers out there, most notably his work with Eric B.
Also add A Tribe Called Quest.
and no need to flame Eminem he is one of the best and in his short career has done some very good things..
Naturaldisaster
10/13/08 8:49:01PM
Lil wayne, The Game, Kanye, and T.I. are the best around right now.
50 used to be good, but he's gone soft now. back when he released Get rich or Die Tryin, and the Massacre, he was the Sh&t but now he sucks
Basshandsome
10/13/08 8:57:25PM
1. Immortal Technique
2. Jedi Mind Tricks (Vinnie Paz)
3. Canibus
4. Chino XL
5. Jean Grae

I also like Atmosphere, Neco, Ill Bill, Brother Ali, Masta Ace, Murs, etc.

Main stream rap is mostly garbage. I don't know about you guys but I can't relate to most of the things they are talking about. There are some exceptions like Lupe. I also will listen to some older mainstream stuff like nas, eminem, or mobb deep. I love underground rap. They don’t have millions of dollars and don’t constantly talk about Money, woman, drugs, and cars. They try to deliver a message to the few people listening. For the most part the underground sends a positive message across. They tell stories, discuss politics, talk about how to overcome adversities in life, talk about what’s real and what’s going on in this world while adding in wordplay, rhymes, great vocabulary, and unique styles. There are hundreds of artist out there who are truly gifted and receive no air play and we are forced to hear others with no talent everyday. Now I implore anyone who listens to rap to check out the underground and really listen to the message being delivered.
CwB
10/13/08 9:19:14PM
eminem
wu tang clan (rza, rakim, method, etc)
nas
snoop dogg
dr dre
50 cent

as far as underground goes

benefit- i think is easily the best his music is hard to find but it is good

necro- is good but he raps about the same stuff over and over

quell

sage francis

robust

best dead rappers

tie between tupac and biggie
big l
easy e
nastshabast
10/13/08 9:21:10PM
Brother Ali
Joell Ortiz
MF Doom
Q Tip
Andre 3k
Devin
Cee Lo
KRS
Slug
Evidence
Sean Price
El P
Termanology
Reks
Roots Manuva
Wiley
Dizzee Rascal

these are some of the cats who gets it done....hip hop ain't dead.....it's just different
iwannabesedated
10/13/08 9:24:42PM
Tech n9ne
higdon10
10/13/08 10:00:57PM
Not into the songs about bitches and "gettin money". I like Kanye and Lupe Fiasco. Not really big into rap though.
Kracker_Jap
10/13/08 11:18:33PM
Too Short
Snoop Dog
Kotton Mouth Kings

All are alive all deserve to be mentioned

Rap on Beeeeches
backalley101
10/13/08 11:22:41PM
EMINEM
voodoo-jitsu
10/14/08 12:41:53AM
boondox
cloppio
10/14/08 1:34:42AM
wow no love for Talib Kweli? him and mos def in blackstar! good stuff

oh and to whoever said lil wayne....come on, really? wow,
Drudinh
10/14/08 2:36:32AM

Posted by cloppio

wow no love for Talib Kweli? him and mos def in blackstar! good stuff

oh and to whoever said lil wayne....come on, really? wow,

YEA TALIB IS SICK...

BUT NOBODY EVEN MENTIONED THE SICKIST RAPPER ALIVER WITHOUT A DOUBT. OBVIOUSLY JAY - Z. DUDE IS SICK
ufcboss
10/14/08 3:09:54AM
I would say Slim Shady, Some of his freestyle is insane, Its like how can so many things fly out of his mouth that quick. He is killer...

Then My other faves are Dr Dre, Snoop, 50.

I am a deathrow fan! Thats where the best OG shit come from, (That I have heard anyways!)

In one month I am going to see The smoked out tour, Snoop, Ice Cube and Bone thugs! Cant wait.
Jimbo
10/14/08 6:32:52AM
anyone one heard of brandon dicamillo?? hes one of bam margera's friends and he is hilarious. check out this FREESTYLE rap he does, its so stupid but is so funny.

chinese freestyle rap

and perosnally i like bone thugz n harmony

lately ive been listening to a song i heard on a demian maia highlight reel, the song is "Hip Hop - by dead Prez"

EDIT: **WARNING** 2 girls flashing for about 2 seconds in it lol
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/14/08 8:16:09AM
Tech N9ne, Brother Ali, Atmosphere, Ice Cube (pre War and peace), Nas, Outkast, Scarface, and UGK. Eventhough Pimp C is dead I still put them on here b/c Bun is carrying on the legacy.
Boo_Radley21
10/14/08 9:17:08AM
Method Man
Cypress Hill
Xzibit

There's my top 3 right there.
MFOTHER
10/14/08 11:01:20AM

Posted by CwB

eminem
wu tang clan (rza, rakim, method, etc)
nas
snoop dogg
dr dre
50 cent

as far as underground goes

benefit- i think is easily the best his music is hard to find but it is good

necro- is good but he raps about the same stuff over and over

quell

sage francis

robust

best dead rappers

tie between tupac and biggie

HHAHAHAHAHAAH rakim is NOT in the wu tang clan...

50 cent ahahaha
Kracker_Jap
10/14/08 11:14:09AM
I'm still trying to figure out why I am the only one to put Too short on his list Beeeches
emfleek
10/14/08 11:58:56AM
I loved Too Short back in the day. More so for the comedy than the skill, though.

I'm not against rap. I'm not against rappers. But I am against those thugs...

Seriously, I'm not a huge fan of rap/hip-hop but I've always enjoyed Snoop, Dre and Eminem.

And there's a local guy here in Fort Wayne named Sankofa that is an absolute BLAST to check out live.
DvS
10/14/08 12:04:31PM
I can't believe that only a few people have mentioned Tech n9ne, He is the greatest rapper alive today
Cdellorso
10/14/08 12:17:40PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

im not sure about the best rapper alive right now, but the four best rappers ever imo .....

BIG L
Tupac
Eazy-E
Biggie

Easy E really?? I liked his voice and dont get me wrong NWA rocked but Easy e was not even the best rapper in NWA. 1. Dre- 2- Ice cube- 3- The D.O.C
4. wren/Easy tie.... imho

Cdellorso
10/14/08 12:27:42PM
someone said old school then named some not so old school rappers.

define Best?
writing Lyrics?
best style?
best voice?
all out entertainment?

Run DMC-
LL
Too Short
KRSone
erik b and rakim
EPMD

Eminem- DR. Dre