Best Pride to UFC fighter

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best Pride to UFC fighter
POLL: Who will have the biggest effect on the UFC in the longrun?
Big Nog 3% (1)
Mirko Cro Cop 0% (0)
Shogun 15% (6)
Wandy Silva 3% (1)
Dan Henderson 5% (2)
Rampage 75% (30)
Pitbull09
12/20/07 5:45:14PM
Now that its been awhile and we prob will not see many more big name Pride fighters coem to the UFC (Barnett and Fedor), who do you guys think will have the biggest effect on the UFC in the longrun? Also tell me who you are most happy to see come over.

Edit; I couldnt write all the names in the poll I wanted but think of fighters from the recent buyout. Which means dont say Anderson Silva
cowcatcher
12/20/07 5:47:41PM
rampage knocked off chuck so hes the early favorite for biggest impact, just a couple more wins and it will be more or less cemented. the one i was happiest to see was CC, and im still holding out hope that he can make a splash in the HW division.
Pitbull09
12/20/07 5:48:34PM
I picked Wanderlei as I think hes a good match against Rampage. Big Nog prob gets second as I dont think anyone can beat him in the division but Couture maybe. Henderson would be second also if Anderson Silva wasnt in the division.
CantAndleDaRiddum
12/20/07 6:10:56PM
its all debatable, i didnt vote for him, but i think wandy has another good run left in him
kevietre
12/20/07 6:20:05PM
Tough to say at this point since Shogun hasn't won in th UFC yet. Hendo came back and had a great fight but lost UD. You cant say Cro Cop because he's only defeated Eddie Sanchez so far and got KO'd for a highlight reel. Rampage would have to be the best bet. He has not lost in the UFC yet and has faced 3 tough guys.
cmill21
12/20/07 6:26:50PM
I wen't with Shogun, I think he'll be rediculously good in the UFC, he already demo'd his elbows, and his ability to do very well with a bumb knee and no cardio.
fullerene
12/20/07 6:38:19PM
Is this really a contest? Most of those guys have 0 wins in the UFC since the buyout and one guy (Rampage) has won and then unified the titles. I don't see how anyone could be ahead of him as far as what they've done in the UFC.
juanez13
12/20/07 7:08:21PM
i think the fighters that will have the best careers in the UFC coming over from pride will be Big nog, shogun, rampage and dan henderson.....they all posses tremendous skills and have a very promising career ahead of them
TimW001
12/20/07 7:13:49PM
At this point, it's clearly Rampage followed by Anderson.

In the future I think Henderson, 100% Shogun, 100% Big Nog and Wanderlei will make a huge splash here in the UFC.

And I hope to see Gomi and Aoki in the UFC in early '09.
loonytnt
12/20/07 7:26:18PM
rampage
juanez13
12/20/07 7:33:12PM
this pic answers the question
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
jiujitsufreak74
12/20/07 9:38:51PM

Posted by fullerene

Is this really a contest? Most of those guys have 0 wins in the UFC since the buyout and one guy (Rampage) has won and then unified the titles. I don't see how anyone could be ahead of him as far as what they've done in the UFC.

This statement is 100% correct people, read thoroughly

EDIT: must spread love
Pitbull09
12/22/07 1:11:19AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by fullerene

This statement is 100% correct people, read thoroughly

EDIT: must spread love

Right now I do think Rampage is the best right now, but the question was "In the longrun" meaning not what happened already.

I think the only guys that can beat Rampage right now is Wanderlei and thats no insult to Rampage in any regard. The problem I see with Rampage is if he can't beat Wanderlei, he might not be dominate in the division anymore.

His accomplishments were well written that way however Fullerene, good choice of words
gamez0932
12/22/07 1:14:48PM
rampae because that 205lb division is so stacked and he's fought most of the best fighters in that weight class, so him in the ufc sets up alot of possible rematches.
Taylor8766
12/24/07 6:47:12PM
definetly Anderson Silva, he destroyed one of the best middleweights in the world not once but twice, the only reason Rampage is second is because his fight with Marvin Eastman wasn't impressive imo, and I still think that he caught Chuck with a lucky punch.
Purge
12/24/07 6:52:33PM
Rampage proved himself the most