"Best of Pride" coming to Spike TV!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » "Best of Pride" coming to Spike TV!
BrutalKnockOut
8/7/09 8:30:32PM
"Best of Pride" coming to Spike TV!

Check out some of the new programming to debut this year on Spike TV, including a series dedicated to the greatest fights in Pride history!!!!
breakdown5
8/7/09 9:16:40PM
Nice. This is friggin great. Expose the newbs to the greatness of PRIDE.
hippysmacker
8/7/09 9:21:11PM
About time IMO. Should be a chance to familiarize the casual fan with some of the greatest fights in MMA history, and show where some of mma's greatest fighters built there reps.
ncordless
8/7/09 9:48:28PM
I saw a soccer kick the other day in a brazilian match and it brought back all those great Pride memories.... almost brought a tear to my eye.
joshryanshepherd
8/7/09 10:17:59PM
They should just call it "The Best of MMA"

i love Pride, it had so much more emotion to it than the UFC
kopower
8/7/09 10:39:02PM
Wonder if they are going to show any Fedor fights? I'm thinking no
Ordep
8/7/09 10:44:00PM

Nice, I hope the put Rampage vs. Liddell 1 in the first show.

Show some of the '05 GP so people can meet Shogun.

joshryanshepherd
8/7/09 10:44:25PM

Posted by kopower

i wondered the same thing, but its not like dana to promote Fedor V Rogers haha
loller90278
8/7/09 10:59:45PM
i saw this and i

JIZZ in my PANTS!
Irish_Pride
8/7/09 11:20:15PM
Oh man, this is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see all those old Pride matches with the awesome entrances and soccer kicks. Good move by Dana.
jae_1833
8/7/09 11:21:18PM

Posted by kopower

Wow....a "Best of Pride" with no Fedor....blasphemy!!! (I could so see Dana making that happen too)
seanfu
8/7/09 11:25:24PM
Probably no entrances, just fights, a fighter promotion machine.
StriderXero
8/7/09 11:54:12PM

Posted by ncordless

I saw a soccer kick the other day in a brazilian match and it brought back all those great Pride memories.... almost brought a tear to my eye.

it definately brought a tear to my eye, cus i was the one getting soccer kicked.
kopower
8/8/09 1:00:37AM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

Posted by kopower

i wondered the same thing, but its not like dana to promote Fedor V Rogers haha

Yeah, that's too bad. He had some wars in Pride. I guess if I were Dana I wouldn't promote the competitions #1 fighter
Nightmare27
8/8/09 1:06:00AM
This is gonna be great! I dont even care if they dont show any Fedor, which Im sure that they wont. I could never see Rampage vs Arona too many times.
Khaos
8/8/09 1:22:17AM
It's great to see PRIDE on tv again, I watched PRIDE all the time on ESPN, then I went out and bought like every PRIDE dvd I could. A good move for Spike TV and a great treat for the MMA fans.
prozacnation1978
8/8/09 2:16:25AM
i think with such a great buzz, after ufc top 100 countdown,
but i am looking forward to this!!
george112
8/8/09 3:12:23AM
i am absolutely thrilled about this

Cant wait
mrsmiley
8/8/09 9:42:36AM
It's about time.

Wonder if they'll dedicate a whole episode to the Royce/Saku match?
Probably not,but that would be cool.
matt_black
8/8/09 10:28:22AM
this just made my day
ohnougotme
8/8/09 12:16:12PM
If there are no Fedor fights in this,then the title is false.Fedor fought more big name fighters in PRIDE,no ufc heavy champ has fought the list of names Fedor fought in PRIDE!!!!
mk1630
8/8/09 12:31:27PM
This will probably be used to build up the old PRIDE stars that are now in the UFC, like Rampage, Shogun, Wandy and so on. Or to show the worst fights from any outside competition.( like that episode of Unleashed rthey showed before Aflictions first show.) But who couldnt have seen that coming really? Either way, its great to see Dana actually doing something with the PRIDE name. I would have never thought it would happen. I cant wait to sit back and watch some of those classic moments in MMA
hippysmacker
8/14/09 8:30:03AM
Anybody want to bet they show Chuck KOing Overeem a bunch of times right before Alistair fights Fedor?