The best pre-workout supplement you've taken

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The best pre-workout supplement you've taken
POLL: TEST YOUR MIGHT
MP Assault 0% (0)
N.O Xplode 19% (3)
Jack3d 13% (2)
Neurocore 0% (0)
C4 6% (1)
other 63% (10)
MuayThaiGeek13
1/7/13 8:48:45PM
I understand that some people stay away from pre-workout supps but IF you had to take one, which would it be?

My favorite workouts have come from jacked. Although it might be one of the worst for you, I always have an extremely focused and exhausting workout due to jacked.

Assault and M5 are awesome too.
TeamDEY
1/7/13 9:05:51PM
I like C4... similar to Jack3d. Honestly though most of the pre workouts are all the same shit
postman
1/7/13 9:30:06PM
I like noshotgun. Shit made the roots of my arm hair itchy.
Chael_Sonnen
1/7/13 9:32:19PM
TRT

jakewalters
1/7/13 10:17:47PM
You gotta take it in moderation.. but I've found this to be a pretty good pre-workout supplement. The only problem is getting workout ADD and wondering around from machine to machine rather than doing a disciplined 3-set routine

Pookie
1/7/13 10:25:39PM
Adderall. 8 hours of Pull-ups, Lat pulldowns, Punching bag, Stabilizer ball drills, BJJ , Muay Thai, Dips and repeat. Every movement was a struggle the next day.
kopower
1/7/13 10:27:33PM
I've only taken whey protein. I've had good results with Optimum Nutrition. I've recently started lifting again, and really like Now Sports whey protein isolate.
scoozna
1/7/13 10:38:14PM

Posted by kopower

I've only taken whey protein. I've had good results with Optimum Nutrition. I've recently started lifting again, and really like Now Sports whey protein isolate.

I can vouch for the Now Sports whey protein isolate (before and after), but I'm not sure that was what the TS was going for with the products he mentioned - looks like he's looking for a stimulant or "performance booster".
george112
1/7/13 10:44:54PM
Use to take this stuff called Noxaval I believe. Could be wrong its been about 3 years . Definitely got me pumped.

Made my face itch though. It's a vasodilator so wasn't unusual for that to happen
Bubbles
1/7/13 11:23:00PM
I eat a banana
Michael_Corleone
1/7/13 11:45:50PM
Spirodex...but I don't think they sell it anymore.
shaneTpain
1/7/13 11:56:55PM
NoXplode always works for me except it makes you take a huge mid-work out shit. JakeWalters got the right idea but I always smoke post-work out
papercut
1/7/13 11:59:26PM
I've had Jack3d, and Animal Rage. both were good with rage having the better taste overall. took Neurocore Hydroxystim for about 2 months. made me sweat a lot in and out of the gym.

my favorite however is Universal Nutrition's Shock Therapy. it keeps me focused and gives me energy without a crash later. I'm a pretty big gym rat so I always try to stay up on what works best and so far Shock therapy has given me the best results.

airkerma
1/8/13 8:45:12AM
Other: Beef Jerky/Salami and veggies with hummus
DeadHead988
1/8/13 2:15:57PM
Honey