best pay per view show so far of 2007??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » best pay per view show so far of 2007??
prozacnation1978
10/30/07 10:46:01AM
i know their are two more
and probably the dec might wind up being the best one but of all the events this year which one was the best and which one was the worst??

probably 99% of you will say that victory was the worst and i can't argue at all there

my favorite so far was stacked followed closely by knock out

i enjoyed stacked alot even though the tito fight was a draw, and the sherk fight went 5 rounds, seeing silva beat nate easily when alot picked him to lose showed he is the real deal

as for knock out i went there, most enjoyable thing i have done all year, even though like 6 matches were decided on decisions, seeing one of my favorite fight in shogun was awesome but seeing how he was not fighting like himself and knowing that forrest was gonna beat him after the 1st round ended i still cheered shogun on. i would have never predicted what jardine would do, i knew he was tough but to beat lidell, one of the best fights i have seen all year, was well worth the ticket.
loonytnt
10/30/07 11:09:54AM
i think the best ppv yet was the forrest vs gun and keith vs chuck one because all the fights that night were great
pv3Hpv3p
10/30/07 11:23:20AM
I've been preaching it all year and although it happened way back in feb... Pride 33 was one of the better events I've ever seen...

I also really enjoyed the Shamrock vs Baroni Strikeforce event...

I've seen all of the UFC's this year and none stand out as great... All had some good fights, but nothing that's really blown my mind... I guess like mentioned above... The Jardine/Liddell PPV (Knockout?) was a good one...
Stickan
10/30/07 11:31:19AM
Please don't mention those lame event names. Just say UFC 73, 76 etc.

I agree with deadhead. Pride 33 is definately my favourite followed by 71, 67 and maybe even 77. There was something special about Silva - Franklin 2.
ohiostate1016
10/30/07 11:38:20AM
This is hard, but I'm gonna try to rank the PPV's so far this year. I'll also include the two Spike PPVs because they were numbered events.

1. UFC 77: Hostile Territory
We had the MW title fight w/ Silva/Franklin 2, plus we had a solid fight for a title shot b/t Sylvia and Vera. It was also the debut of future star Demian Maia and that great fight b/t Matt Grice and Jason Black.

2. UFC 68: Uprising
It was the return of Couture to take back the HW title, and that makes it a great card in and of itself. You also had the comeback matches of former champs Franklin and Hughes.

3. UFC 71: Liddell vs. Jackson
You obviously had that great KO win by Rampage, plus there was that fight between Alexander and Jardine that was a 60 second slugfest. Karo and Burkman put on a great show for 15 minutes for a well-rounded card.

4. UFC 69: Shootout
Possibly the biggest upset of the year when Serra took the WW title from GSP. You also had two OK fights w/ Kos/Diego and Okami/Swick. A lot of people forget about the Huerta/Garcia fight that was also on this card.

5. UFC 75: Champion vs. Champion
It was a 5-rounder that Rampage won over Hondo to unify the 205 belts. Plus you had that Bisping/Hamill match, even though it ended in controversy. Cro Cop and Kongo was also a solid fight.

6. UFC 76: Knockout
Even though there were no knockouts on a card called "Knockout," there were some good fights. You had Jardine/Liddell, Forrest/Shogun, and Fitch/Diego.

7. UFC 73: Stacked
Yeah, we had two title fights, but neither guy really deserved a shot. Plus, Rashad/Tito ending in a draw was like kissing your sister.

8. UFC 74: Respect
You had a good fight for the HW title b/t Randy and Gonzaga, but not much else. Kos/GSP was also on this card.

9. UFC 70: Nations Collide
The main event, where Gonzaga won by head kick over Cro Cop, was one of the best fights of the year. Arlovski/Werdum and Kongo/Assuerio were also decent fights.

10. UFC 67: All or Nothing
Lutter didn't make weight for his MW title fight w/ Anderson, so the main event was shot. The only highlights of this card were the debuts of Rampage and Cro Cop.

11. UFC 72: Victory
Franklin/Okami is a main event? Plus, this was shown at like 5 pm in the States. The only good part of this fight was the Guida/Griffin fight. That may be fight of the year...
HulkRage
10/30/07 12:34:44PM
IMO UFC73.
MikeVicks_DoggyDayCare
10/30/07 12:45:21PM
IMO pride 33 was the best ppv in 07 so far. The Diaz and Hendo fights were epic, every other fight in the card were great. UFC 71 was great just cuz Rampage kicked ass.

I'd also like to add that the recent EliteXc w/ event was decent but I watched it on Showtime for free. Robbile Lawler vs Ninja Rua was a great fight and Gina Carano looked hott as hell .. that's good enough for me
roadking95th
10/30/07 2:21:46PM
For my $40, Pride 33 was the best.

On a side note: OhioState1016, why do you always refer to Hendo as Hondo? I don't know if I should be amused or upset.

signed: OhHowIHateOhioState! jk, Your boys just whooped up on mine this past Saturday and it looks like they have a good chance on the wrestling mats as well this winter.
ohiostate1016
10/30/07 2:30:38PM

Posted by roadking95th

For my $40, Pride 33 was the best.

On a side note: OhioState1016, why do you always refer to Hendo as Hondo? I don't know if I should be amused or upset.

signed: OhHowIHateOhioState! jk, Your boys just whooped up on mine this past Saturday and it looks like they have a good chance on the wrestling mats as well this winter.

You say po-tay-toe, I say poh-tah-toe.
redmist
10/30/07 4:06:45PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I've been preaching it all year and although it happened way back in feb... Pride 33 was one of the better events I've ever seen...

I also really enjoyed the Shamrock vs Baroni Strikeforce event...

I've seen all of the UFC's this year and none stand out as great... All had some good fights, but nothing that's really blown my mind... I guess like mentioned above... The Jardine/Liddell PPV (Knockout?) was a good one...

Pride 33 was incredible
Rush
10/30/07 4:51:12PM
From the UFC list you have there

UFC 74 - Respect
KYGUY07
10/30/07 5:21:42PM
ufc 74 respect
Kastro
10/30/07 7:05:31PM
Was Pride 33 in 2007? If so im sorry but its on top of any of these UFC events you guys have mentioned..

I thought UFC 77 though was one of the best UFC's in a while, as well as UFC 74 respect...

NatedawgThaM
10/30/07 7:21:06PM
UFC 71, EASY!!!!

I got 5 reasons...

1. We FINALLY got to see Chuck get his but whooped like a lot of us have been waiting for forever!!! Plus Rampage is my boy.

2. EVERY FIGHT was exciting or it was quick KO or Sub. EVERY FIGHT was worth watching!

3. Karo\Burkman put on a hell of a fight. Easily a contender for fight of the year. Back and forth action. Karo proved he got hands.

4. The birth of Houston Alexander in the UFC. Jardine got F'D UP!!!

5. It was the start of his title reign which won't in for a LONG LONG time. No way the new GREAT Rampage can be stopped...
Lay_N_Pray
10/30/07 7:53:32PM
1. 77
2. 71
3. Nations Collide

1. Silva is the best fighter in the world and Franklin is a class act

2. Goodnight Chuck! Hello Rampage!

3. Goodnight Cro Cop? Hello Gonzaga?
cmill21
10/30/07 7:54:33PM
Pride 33

Joachim Hansen vs. Jason Ireland

Frank Trigg vs. Kazuo Misaki

Travis Wiuff vs. James Lee

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

Hayato Sakurai vs. Mac Danzig

Sergei Kharitonov vs. Michael Russow

Mauricio Rua vs. Alistair Overeem

Takanori Gomi vs. Nick Diaz

Wanderlei Silva vs. Dan Henderson

That right there is why I loved Pride.
nelson888
10/30/07 8:00:36PM
1.) pride 33 because the big name fights and upsets
2.) ufc 76 because even though it was called knokout all the decisions were really good fights
3.) ufc 68 because i absolutely loved watching randy dominate time for 5 rounds
MALICE
10/30/07 8:04:54PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

UFC 71, EASY!!!!

I got 5 reasons...

1. We FINALLY got to see Chuck get his but whooped like a lot of us have been waiting for forever!!! Plus Rampage is my boy.

2. EVERY FIGHT was exciting or it was quick KO or Sub. EVERY FIGHT was worth watching!

3. Karo\Burkman put on a hell of a fight. Easily a contender for fight of the year. Back and forth action. Karo proved he got hands.

4. The birth of Houston Alexander in the UFC. Jardine got F'D UP!!!

5. It was the start of his title reign which won't in for a LONG LONG time. No way the new GREAT Rampage can be stopped...

I was going to go with 74, but after that explanation, I completely agree. Its got to be 71.
PW
10/30/07 11:54:42PM
Pride 33 by a long shot. Not only the best event of the year but overall one of the best MMA events to date. Some great fights on that event.

Joachim Hansen vs Jason Ireland - Great fight. Probably one of the most underrated of the year.

Sokoudjou vs Rogerio Nogueira - Great just for the shock factor.

Hayato Sakurai vs Mac Danzig - Another good fight. Some nice judo skills shown by Sakurai.

Alistair Overeem vs Mauricio Rua - Good fight, spectacular ending.

Takanori Gomi vs Nick Diaz - Crazy fight.

Dan Henderson vs Wanderlei Silva - Another wild fight with an incedible finish.
roman
10/31/07 1:23:33AM
Easily Pride 33.

Best PPV I have ever bought.
CornishMMA
10/31/07 2:29:28PM
Yeah its obvious to everyone bar the ufc fanboys that PRIDE 33 was the best ppv of 2007 and cant be beat but for the UFC's i would say this -

Best main event - UFC 68 Randy dominating Tim
Best Co Main Event - UFC 74 GSP beating Kos at his own game
Best fight - close between UFC 67 (tyson edgar) and UFC 72 (tyson guida)
Best event name - UFC 74 "Respect" with Randys last fight in the UFC that event name is very surpisingly poignant as thats why Randy left, a lack of it
Worst event - hard to say but prolly 67 if it wasnt for the FOTY or maybe 69 with the gash diego kos fight and the very unfun to watch GSP Serra fight
hado3
10/31/07 11:11:51PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

This is hard, but I'm gonna try to rank the PPV's so far this year. I'll also include the two Spike PPVs because they were numbered events.

1. UFC 77: Hostile Territory
We had the MW title fight w/ Silva/Franklin 2, plus we had a solid fight for a title shot b/t Sylvia and Vera. It was also the debut of future star Demian Maia and that great fight b/t Matt Grice and Jason Black.

2. UFC 68: Uprising
It was the return of Couture to take back the HW title, and that makes it a great card in and of itself. You also had the comeback matches of former champs Franklin and Hughes.

3. UFC 71: Liddell vs. Jackson
You obviously had that great KO win by Rampage, plus there was that fight between Alexander and Jardine that was a 60 second slugfest. Karo and Burkman put on a great show for 15 minutes for a well-rounded card.

4. UFC 69: Shootout
Possibly the biggest upset of the year when Serra took the WW title from GSP. You also had two OK fights w/ Kos/Diego and Okami/Swick. A lot of people forget about the Huerta/Garcia fight that was also on this card.

5. UFC 75: Champion vs. Champion
It was a 5-rounder that Rampage won over Hondo to unify the 205 belts. Plus you had that Bisping/Hamill match, even though it ended in controversy. Cro Cop and Kongo was also a solid fight.

6. UFC 76: Knockout
Even though there were no knockouts on a card called "Knockout," there were some good fights. You had Jardine/Liddell, Forrest/Shogun, and Fitch/Diego.

7. UFC 73: Stacked
Yeah, we had two title fights, but neither guy really deserved a shot. Plus, Rashad/Tito ending in a draw was like kissing your sister.

8. UFC 74: Respect
You had a good fight for the HW title b/t Randy and Gonzaga, but not much else. Kos/GSP was also on this card.

9. UFC 70: Nations Collide
The main event, where Gonzaga won by head kick over Cro Cop, was one of the best fights of the year. Arlovski/Werdum and Kongo/Assuerio were also decent fights.

10. UFC 67: All or Nothing
Lutter didn't make weight for his MW title fight w/ Anderson, so the main event was shot. The only highlights of this card were the debuts of Rampage and Cro Cop.

11. UFC 72: Victory
Franklin/Okami is a main event? Plus, this was shown at like 5 pm in the States. The only good part of this fight was the Guida/Griffin fight. That may be fight of the year...

i disagree strongly with your picks, u have to be kidding me to say UFC 77 was the best. Besides Silva/Franklin, most of them were average at best. Grice v.s. black wasnt even shown.

UFC 71 kind of sucked too. Liddell/Rampage fight was pretty boring if u rewatch it. Karo/Burkman was decent, and housten alexander put on a good show, for all of 45 seconds.

UFC 74 was no doubt the best
Randy/Gonzaga was nonstop, St.Pierre Koscheck was pretty good, Huerta/Crane was great, how can u not like watch one guy show off sick jiu jitsu skills while the other guy constantly punches him in the face. Stevenson/pelligrono was a good fight also, very fast paced. And Groove/Cote put on a good fight

Your crazy if u would take UFC 77 over 74
prozacnation1978
11/1/07 12:23:42AM
i kind of meant best pay per view of the ufc,
but i do watch exelite looking forward to the nov card
i do miss pride, miss the bushido's and always enjoyed watching the tournaments, i miss watching gomi fight, i know some of those guys still aren't signed arona, barnett, i just can't believe the ufc will pass on them. at times pride was boring but i love their rules the kicks, knees while there down, stomps, slams with no cage to hold onto. i will miss pride, but i will say i am glad that some fighters are now in the ufc to fight