Who do you think is the best P4P fighter?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who do you think is the best P4P fighter?
POLL: Who is the best P4P?
Fedor 28% (13)
Anderson Silva 35% (16)
Kid 4% (2)
GSP 26% (12)
Randy Couture 0% (0)
Other 7% (3)
kofranklin
1/25/08 6:41:51PM
Who do you all think is the best P4P(pound for pound) fighter in MMA?
nickcuc547
1/25/08 6:52:33PM
i gotta go with fedor because of his dominance, but gsp and anderson silva are right there.
stock
1/25/08 7:03:16PM
Sherk.
He has never lost a fight at LW in his life.
jiujitsufreak74
1/25/08 7:08:52PM

Posted by stock

Sherk.

steroids...that's why he hasn't lost, that and the fact that he hasn't faced all of the top competition. i mean the guy had two fights, one of which he chreated in.

for me it has to be silva because of the run he has put on. it looks like the only one who can stop him is hendo, and if he beats hendo then he just solidifies the #1 spot as P4P fighter. fedor is great but doesn't face all of the top cpmpetition, the only one that would deter me from picking silva would be either GSP or Penn. besides those two it is silva all the way
Mastodon2
1/25/08 7:16:06PM

Posted by stock

Sherk.

Having been found to be a steroid abuser, I'm not sure he is such a great pick.

I'd go for Kid, he has beaten some good names, and he doesnt just edge wins over them, he demolishes people and makes it look easy. Thats why I pick Kid.
tuvok500
1/25/08 7:26:35PM
I have GSP 1 micron ahead of Silva and 2 micron ahead of BJ !!

so, it is close !!

loonytnt
1/25/08 8:14:02PM
GSP and BJ i would have to say
Pookie
1/25/08 10:20:23PM
fedor but if anderson beat hendo, im giving the top spot to him.
i dont have gsp in the running because i attribute his success partly because of how big he is at the weight. being bigger than other people doesnt make you pound 4 pound the best in my book.
NatedawgThaM
1/25/08 11:19:50PM
Anderson Silva is the obvious pick to me.

Fedor- He turned down the best fight he can get in a Pedro Rizzo fight and he let his brother face Barnett before him. It does not even look like he wants to be P4P best. How do you not take the Barnett fight before your brother?

GSP- Has the most recent loss and it was too a guy who wasn't even ranked in the Top 20 before TUF 4. Then he made Top 15 or wherever you had Lytle ranked. He didn't take that fight seriously so it's all his fault he isn't P4P best.

BJ Penn- If he beats Sherk he can have a strong case but he's still 2-2 in his last 4 so I'm still hesitant.

Anderson Silva- Besides the Okami DQ loss in 05, his last real loss was in 2004. he hasn't lost a fight since training with the Black House and has dominated the whole division including all the top contenders. GSP and BJ haven't. There divisions are still stacked with 3-4 fighters elite fighters they haven't beaten yet. If Hendo does not beat Anderson. Nobody will. Since everybody thinks GSP will outwrestle him and win. If Hendo can't NOBODY will.
mkiv9secsupra
1/25/08 11:22:37PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by stock

Sherk.

abuser?! so out of almost 40 fights he gets tested once and hes an abuser?! thats some bull**** if ive ever heard it. has anyone ever took a moment and thought hey maybe hes telling the truth?

with that said its still Fedor. He dominated a divison stacked full of world class BJJ, Wrestlers, and strikers. Anderson has dominated a weak division. GSP destroys all sorts of grapplers but hasnt had his chin tested enough.
Pookie
1/25/08 11:47:51PM

Posted by stock

Sherk.

Hes fought at LW twice, against not all that great competition who he was tailor made to beat. he hasnt faced a LW who could wrestle nor someone who has a good sprawl. And in one of those fights he gets caught using steroids.

then when hes at WW he gets dominated by the p4p best at that weight. how can he be p4p #1 when he gets dominated by gsp and hughes?
jomatty
1/26/08 3:25:45AM
fedor is top on my list followed by gsp, silva,and then penn. kid is right up there too...hell i dont know lol.
Mastodon2
1/26/08 6:07:27AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

abuser?! so out of almost 40 fights he gets tested once and hes an abuser?! thats some bull**** if ive ever heard it. has anyone ever took a moment and thought hey maybe hes telling the truth?

It casts a shadow of doubt on him, thats for sure. Obviously you could accuse anyone of being a steroid abuser, and cycling well to keep it hidden, but that would be baseless, but now that Sherk has come up guilty it certainly allows us to speculate more freely about he has been doing in the past.
Gipper
1/26/08 6:11:25AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by stock

Sherk.

with that said its still Fedor. He dominated a divison stacked full of world class BJJ, Wrestlers, and strikers. Anderson has dominated a weak division. GSP destroys all sorts of grapplers but hasnt had his chin tested enough.

thank you. couldn't have said it any better.
Aaronno9
1/26/08 6:33:46AM
Gsp - Bj - Anderson - kid - fedor

I just wish fedor would start fighting top competition again. He could easily reclaim the top spot before the end of the year if he pulls his finger out.
hippysmacker
1/26/08 7:00:55AM
Kid Yamamoto I think if his form was magically morphed into a 6 ft. 230 lb, body( like Fedors) he would be as close to unstoppable as it gets.
seanfu
1/26/08 10:37:16AM
GSP will be #1 if he can have a win over Serra and if he can beat Fitch or another of the top list.
kofranklin
1/26/08 6:58:35PM
I think Anderson Silva is #1 closley followed by Kid and GSP. If Anderson beats Henderson he will be the obvious #1 fighter in the world.
monogl
1/27/08 1:01:01AM
Right now I would say Fedor at the top with Anderson second and taking the top spot if he beat Hendo and if Fedor hasnt signed against a good fighter by then. I think GSP is probably the most skilled fighter but his loss to Serra, fluke or not, takes him out of contention against those two. He would climb in my mind, however, if he looks great against Serra and FItch after. I love Fedor but this rumor of Josh Barnett fighting Aleks is angering me. Although I'd love to see that fight, seeing Fedor fight the man with the best chance to give him a challenge to end his dominance excites me more and that man is Josh Barnett. Maybe Randy has a shot but not as good a one as Barnett and a fight with Randy can't happen until later in the year if at all. Plus if Barnett will fight in M1 why is he fighting Aleks and not Fedor?
casey64
1/27/08 5:28:42PM
Fedor for this one
cloppio
1/28/08 4:50:55AM
i gotta go silva...he's defended the belt..give gsp some defence wins and i'd have say a tie then, fedor......come on....fight some talent!
KYGUY07
1/30/08 8:19:34AM
I would have to say Anderson Silva, and Gsp would be a very close second
Naturaldisaster
1/30/08 9:44:35AM
Anderson Silva easily