Best opponent for brock?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Best opponent for brock?
« Previous Page
bls1919
2/5/08 6:50:06PM
If the UFC wants Brock to win and i think they do. They will throw him Eddie sanchez. He is coming off a win, he is a stand up fighter and someone IMO Brock would mop up the cage with.
CornishMMA
2/6/08 8:50:22AM
The point is it doesnt HAVE to be a total can for Brock to beat

Like someone said i think he could beat Sylvia right now

So it certainly doesnt have to be a McCully or a Hardonk (have him fight Cro Cop!)

Eddie Sanchez would be a good one coming off a win on a main card but actually im pretty sure it will be Neil Wain who is making his debut at the same event, Brock would beat him too easily!
imanidiot777
2/6/08 2:02:16PM
After all that smack Brock talked about Tim Sylvia, "He looks like the swamp thing", "I'd double leg his ass so fast", I'd love to see him back it up and I think he WOULD be able to take down Tim where Tim would then be at a huge disadvantage.
MartinKillMcGill
2/6/08 4:09:38PM
But him up against any HW with little to no BJJ and brock should win. There are not two many fighters in the HW division that could withstand heavy punishment and still pull of the Submission. Unfortunatley for brock one of those now holds the title(NOG) But other than that keep him away from gonzaga, werdruim and mayb AA
LesnarLover
2/6/08 8:07:06PM
I want to see Brock versus Tito in a cage title match with Donald Trump as special referee. Play the show on NBC primetime in the spot of The Apprentice and you'll see a beat down the likes of which has never been equalled outside of cable TV.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/6/08 8:54:19PM
cro cop would be perfect. easy first round tko from GNP. I could see randy couture being taken down at will and GNP'd also. any striker with limited ground game or another wrestler with limited striking would be easy win IMO. brock is too strong.

I want to see Brock versus Tito in a cage title match with Donald Trump as special referee. Play the show on NBC primetime in the spot of The Apprentice and you'll see a beat down the likes of which has never been equalled outside of cable TV.

bls1919
2/6/08 9:32:12PM
what title exactly would Tito and Brock fight for?
Djbb
2/6/08 11:59:33PM
I gotta say CroCop vs Brock would be an entertaining fight, Brock is like a faster, smarter and equally strong version of Bob Sapp
Jackelope
2/7/08 12:04:19AM
Okay Crocop doesn't really have a ground game, but he's got hella takedown defense. See Fedor vs. Crocop if you don't believe me on that one.

I think this is one of Brock's worst possible matchups, but I'd love to see it. We've seen Brock tap, now let's see him take a nap.
TimW001
2/7/08 12:16:43AM
If CC comes in at 100% i'de want to see that fight. But I don't want to see him lose again.

But yea Sanchez sounds okay.
RedCloud
2/7/08 1:39:05AM
all these guys are way too experienced for Brock. its almost disrespectful...even the fact that they put him up against Mir.
Brock won me over- i agree hes going to be hulk-smashing dudes in 09, but give him a brawler like Kimbo...maybe as far as Cabbage-but thats it for now... before we even try to size him up against Crocop or Heath.
ac_gi
2/7/08 1:43:24AM

Posted by Pookie

if they want brock to win
KONGO!!!!! or hardonk, but most likely KONGO!!!!!

Kongo would be a easy, quality win for Brock. Kongo couldn't handle Carmelo Marrero, and I would guess that Brock would be a little stronger than Carmelo. Beating a top contender at HW would reestablish Brock and put him back on the Headliner, where the UFC wants him.
LesnarLover
2/7/08 5:18:16PM

Posted by bls1919

Theres no need to fight really for a title since Brock is already known as the best fighter ever due to a recent topic I made. The fight only would be so Brock Lesnar could than go on and compete on the apprentice where he could show his sentimental and business like aspects.

Maybe there might be some tension with Lesnar and TIto if Lesnar manages to get him in a headlock while naked during the fight
Djbb
2/7/08 5:35:29PM

Posted by LesnarLover

Posted by bls1919

Theres no need to fight really for a title since Brock is already known as the best fighter ever

comeon man we all know either The Big Show or Kurt Angle would give Brock a run for his money in the octagon I mean comeon The Big Show is like 7'2 500lbs of pure muscle.
LesnarLover
2/8/08 8:55:16PM

Posted by Djbb

Posted by LesnarLover

Posted by bls1919

Theres no need to fight really for a title since Brock is already known as the best fighter ever

comeon man we all know either The Big Show or Kurt Angle would give Brock a run for his money in the octagon I mean comeon The Big Show is like 7'2 500lbs of pure muscle.

You comeon. Brock Lesnar is a real fighter, he actually hurt the guys he fought in the WWE. They were all too weak for him so he had to come and fight the real men of MMA. Everyone knows that The Big Show fights just with wussy fake moves, have you ever seen him put anyone in a headlock while they were both naked? I didn't think so.
candynuts
2/8/08 8:59:20PM
Lesnar vs. Cro Cop intrigues me.
RampageOwnedYou
2/11/08 4:38:57PM
I think Lesner vs Tim Sylvia would be the next fight to see. Both will be ready around the same time, since they both fought on the most recent PPV.

I'd go with Lesner to win.
But like to see Tim lose.....again.
Djbb
2/11/08 7:14:49PM
Zach Gowen would beat Lesnar
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
2/12/08 1:58:13AM
Kongo...Lesnar would dominate...would be a good top 10 win for him. I'd then put Cro Cop against a can, setting up Cro Cop vs. Lesnar down the line.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
2/12/08 2:03:38AM

Posted by rabbit915

How could you suggest Kongo? If Kongo beats Herring to me he is the number one contender or at least one more big fight away from the number 1 contender spot. A fight against Lesnar does nothing for him.

Sure it does...it prooves he has no ground game and is not worthy of a shot just because UFC has given him nothing but strikers. It prooves Nog and Coutore would tear through him in 10-8 rounds or quick TKO's/Submissions.

Meanwhile, it prooves Brock is a real fighter, and gives Lesnar a top 10 win. Rebuilds Lesnar and makes money for the UFC.

The perfect opponent.
Khaos
2/12/08 8:58:28AM
Everyone knows the best opponent for Brock Lesnar, I can see it now...

UFC 85: Lesnar vs Blatnick

(1-1) Brock Lesnar vs (0-0)Jeff Blatnick(former UFC Commentator and Comishiner)
Cobbs666
2/12/08 11:29:21AM

Posted by Styles

Posted by tuvok500

Arent they suppose to be empty can???

that looks more like one where you get half the price knocked off because it is damaged
Pages: 1 [2]