Best NFL Defensive Player?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Best NFL Defensive Player?
« Previous Page
POLL: Best defensive player in NFL
Jason Taylor for Dolphins 16% (8)
Shawn M. for Chargers 18% (9)
Brian U. for Bears 33% (16)
Zach Thomas for Dolphins 2% (1)
Ed Reed for Ravens 14% (7)
Ray Lewis for Ravens 16% (8)
cowcatcher
9/28/07 1:37:42PM
well its a new year but the top 3 are still the same to me(in no particular order):
peppers(if healthy)
merriman
c. bailey
and urlacher gets hon mention but hes a bear and as a packer fan i cant give him too much credit
MikeBillotto
10/17/07 7:49:48PM
see i dont agree with this...cause if you want to say whos had the best career so far you have to go with zach thomas most consistant out of all of them but best player has to be Ed Reed he plays saftey like no one else in the league but maybe troy polomalu but troy cant cover as much ground as ed reed can.. enough said
jiujitsufreak74
10/17/07 8:52:44PM
urlacher=overrated
TheHitmanTL
10/18/07 2:58:26AM
brian urlacher
hippysmacker
10/18/07 4:23:19AM

Posted by MikeBillotto

see i dont agree with this...cause if you want to say whos had the best career so far you have to go with zach thomas most consistant out of all of them but best player has to be Ed Reed he plays saftey like no one else in the league but maybe troy polomalu but troy cant cover as much ground as ed reed can.. enough said

Actually IMO Palamalu covers more ground. Both are great , but Ed Redd takes more chances, which is why he makes more / gives up more big plays.I think if he could ever stay healthy Bob Sanders of Indy is the best safety in the NFL. He covers more ground than both IMO, and his only weakness( besides being injury prone of course) is his height( 5 ft. 8) . Still he's got a great vertical and is one of the fastest players in the league. . Palamalu is 5 ft.,10 and Reed 5 ft. 11. and he is faster than both.
Pages: 1 [2]