best midsection in MMA???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » best midsection in MMA???
blkssncpt
2/21/08 2:06:26PM
OK so i wasnt sure how to word the guestion so if one of the mods wat to fix for me, THNX....
anyways everyone allways debates about who has the best chin, head watever in MMA?...

but who has the best midsection??

I vote for Liddel, when HE faught Overeem he took some hard knees to the body that would have dropped many others and he stayed on the feet and kept coming forward, also when he faught Jardine he got hit with some VICIOUS kicks to the body and he didnt even flinch.

wat so u guys think??? Discuss....

EDIT:ok i fixed it, happy? thnx for the good responses tho...

-Rob
gsquat
2/21/08 2:54:29PM
Firstly I would like to point out that you said you fought Overeem, in such case I would like to know who you are. Second, I don't think that theres much of a point to this. I'm not putting you down or anything, I'm just looking at it like this... Rare is it that a fighter is hit directly in the center of his stomache, and even more rare is it that they're hurt by it (Guillard v Rudiger exception). Fighters are hurt in the mid section when kicked, kneed, or punched in the ribs or liver. So if you're asking who has the strongest bones in MMA, or the toughest liver... I can't say.
emfleek
2/21/08 3:06:37PM
blkssncpt = Chuck

fullerene
2/21/08 3:17:48PM
Fair question, but a tough one to answer. So few fighters consistently attack the body that no one has a very lengthy resume of absorbing shots there and surviving.

Liddell did take some good shots now that you mention it.

Varner recently took some good ones (but not enough) from McCullough in the form of kicks and didn't seem deterred.

McFredies took some good body punches from Sakara if I remember correctly and he kept coming as well.

Someone like Hunt doesn't seem to be hurt by any techniques, regardless of where they land. He looks soft to the body, but it doesn't seem to matter.
Stickan
2/21/08 3:34:59PM
If Chucks midsection is the best, then a beer-belly is the way to go. His gut sure didn't look very impressive when it got mashed by Quinton´s elbows in their first fight.

I'd say Wanderlei has a pretty strong mid-section. Remember the marks he got from Mirko´s body kicks in the first fight? And in the second he took some brutal body kicks and still kept on going forward.

Manfred
2/21/08 4:45:43PM
Cro Cop has to be up there. Multiple shots to the nether region and a broken rib and he still kept coming, albeit not quite as effectively.
gsquat
2/21/08 5:35:51PM
I reiterate, this topic is pointless... see previous post.
juanez13
2/21/08 6:05:20PM
i would say wandy takes this, he took some really hard body kicks from mirko the first time they fought he took some of the hardest body kicks i've seen, but still kept coming.
grappler0000
2/21/08 6:09:52PM

Posted by gsquat

Everyone here can read...but thank you for reminding us of your position on this matter.
gsquat
2/21/08 6:24:06PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by gsquat

Everyone here can read...but thank you for reminding us of your position on this matter.

Then you profess your ignorance with every letter you type regarding the topic, because it's invalid. p.s. If you'd like I can remind you again... this topic is pointless, as was your previous post. The only post worth while in this thread are mine.
madmarck
2/21/08 6:45:43PM
I faught Overeem too. His knees aren't that hard.
Pookie
2/21/08 7:29:25PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by gsquat

Then you profess your ignorance with every letter you type regarding the topic, because it's invalid. p.s. If you'd like I can remind you again... this topic is pointless, as was your previous post. The only post worth while in this thread are mine.

Youre the one on this thread that is making pointless replies.
Ignorance really?
The only post worth while in this thread is yours?
You're a tool. Stop trolling, nobody likes a troll. Not even other trolls.

He's asking a question, and it suddenly becomes ignorance to answer him because you differ in opinion with basically everybody in this thread.

To answer the question...
It is very hard to judge as it essentially is a matter of heart. Theres no one really that could take a flush roundhouse to the liver and keep going (IMO) but the people i think that could take the most would be
Hunt, Nog, and Hendo... the pain threshold they can take in general is amazing.
TimW001
2/21/08 7:37:05PM
Both of you are acting like children.
iwannabesedated
2/21/08 8:22:53PM
I think Arianny Celeste has a nice midsection.Id like to kiss that every night...
Pookie
2/21/08 9:04:58PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I think Arianny Celeste has a nice midsection.Id like to kiss that every night...

The funny thing about her midsection... its on her vagina. But still one must agree with you.
TimW001
2/21/08 9:09:05PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

The funny thing about her midsection... its on her vagina. But still one must agree with you.

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!
Boo_Radley21
2/21/08 10:16:53PM
First of all I tried to prop you for the tool comment Pookie but I gotta spread the love.. That's probably my favourite insult.

But seriously. If you're wondering about who has the best mid section I have two words for you...

Gabe Rudiger
wolfman
2/21/08 11:06:14PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

First of all I tried to prop you for the tool comment Pookie but I gotta spread the love.. That's probably my favourite insult.

But seriously. If you're wondering about who has the best mid section I have two words for you...

Gabe Rudiger

This man speaks the truth.
blkssncpt
2/21/08 11:16:48PM
LoL f*cking Gabe Rudiger...

P.S. i fixed my question it now says HE instead of I so they wont keep crying about it.

-Rob
HulkRage
2/22/08 1:40:57PM
Best looking midsection in MMA IMO is Gina. But Kyra is a close second.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4 Photo Attachment 5
blkssncpt
2/22/08 10:55:31PM
ding ding ding we got a winner with Kyra...

-Rob