Best Light heavyWeight in mma

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best Light heavyWeight in mma
Next Page »
MikeBillotto
2/19/08 2:13:11PM
i believe its rampage...

but you can argue about alot of fighters.
nickcuc547
2/19/08 2:18:43PM
you can argue but until rampage loses his belt he is the top guy
Gladiator
2/19/08 2:21:08PM
I know people are going to blast me for this but i still believe shogun is the top LHW in the world. of course i have rampage ranked number one, he deserves it, but i believe that once shogun gets his act together he will rise to the top of the division again. but if he gets beat by chuck then my opinion will probably change
Pookie
2/19/08 2:31:57PM
Under the current rules that the ufc follows, Rampage.

Under Pride's rules over seas, Shogun ( By a longshot)
JBatch
2/19/08 2:37:02PM

Posted by Pookie

Under the current rules that the ufc follows, Rampage.

Under Pride's rules over seas, Shogun ( By a longshot)

Good call the format or rules of each org. really impacts who is or what style is the best.

Right now I would say Rampage but this division is so stacked things can change in an instant.
disturbed_fighter
2/19/08 2:38:09PM
chuck. and i think chuck would win if they had a rematch
MikeBillotto
2/19/08 2:41:50PM
chuck would lose again.. he wont beat rampage.. just like i dont think rampage will beat wandy.
postman
2/19/08 3:01:02PM

Posted by disturbed_fighter

I like Chuck alot but seeing how Chuck was trashed by Page twice I don't see how you can say that. Care to elaborate?

Edit: Page is on top now but Shogun has the most skill by a long shot.
BlazinSaddle
2/19/08 3:57:00PM
i dont like rankings so i'll just name the top tier guys

rampage
wandy
shogun
lyoto
thiago
cj_striker
2/19/08 4:25:22PM
Until someone steps up and takes that belt from him, you have to say Rampage, you might say other guys have better skills or whatever, but they have to use those to prove they're the best. Chuck, Shogun, Wanderlei, Machida, Jardine, and Griffin are all very close, they just need to step up and then we'll see.

NatedawgThaM
2/19/08 4:52:08PM

They already had a rematch and he got KTFO again. 3rd time wouldn't be any different, the 4th time wouldn't be any different.

Rampage hands down until Shogun gets his act together. Or until Machida actually beats a top 10.
jiujitsufreak74
2/19/08 5:03:31PM

Posted by Gladiator

I know people are going to blast me for this but i still believe shogun is the top LHW in the world. of course i have rampage ranked number one, he deserves it, but i believe that once shogun gets his act together he will rise to the top of the division again. but if he gets beat by chuck then my opinion will probably change

i feel the same way. i have rampage at number one because i always rank the guy who is the champion of the best HW division #1 in the rankings (HW is an exception because of the talent outside of UFC). i also believe that shogun has the potntial to be the best again so i rank him at number two. i feel that if he beats chuck, he prove that he is back in top form again with no knee or personal problems and would continue to beat rampage again and any one else in the division for a while. it is funny how easily people forget his accomplishments after one loss, look for shogun to rise to the top at the end of this year.
xchickox
2/19/08 5:35:15PM
i think at the moment its rampage but give him 2 more fights and it will machida
whardin19
2/19/08 5:38:12PM
I would have to say Rampage as of now. He is the champion and nobody has knocked him off yet. But, if and when Lyoto Machida gets a chance at him. I think it may be a different story.
d_block07
2/19/08 7:03:58PM

dude

is this dana white?
tuvok500
2/19/08 7:41:25PM
I think in 2008 the best LHW is Forrest !!

I think he will beat Rampage .

cmill21
2/19/08 7:45:10PM
Shogun IMO.
Cladrix
2/19/08 9:28:01PM
Rampage may have the belt.... but in regards to skill.... WAR SHOGUN!!!!

Posted by tuvok500

I think in 2008 the best LHW is Forrest !!

I think he will beat Rampage .

Forest is going to get GNP'ed into oblivion by Rampage.
MikeBillotto
2/19/08 9:52:28PM
i just dont see how people think lyoto machida can beat rampage. im sorry thats like bisping saying he can beat anderson silva. no ******* way

sorry kids
iwannabesedated
2/19/08 10:08:51PM
Machida.
rameydl8
2/19/08 10:28:22PM
you have to say Rampage..just b/c hes the champ......

but right now theres so much talent at 205 its really hard to pick just one
fightdavejordan
2/20/08 3:52:53PM
the champ is usally one if the but at the top of the heap is foresst griffin
and griffin is my fav.

and griffin beat his a#*
Ultimate_fighter
2/21/08 11:22:36AM
LHW is the best weightclass, has the top fighters, right now i believe its Rampage standing on top and griffing right behind him.. .
gsquat
2/21/08 3:02:50PM
As far as rankings are concerned, Rampage is the best. But Rashad is the most capable of beating anyone else in the light heavyweight division. Well rounded and tough as $hit. Everyone always says they're unimpressed by Rashad. I was, but as he fought more fights, I see him fighting a smart fight every time. It may not be the most entertaining fight, but he fights to win. Even if its by points, he'll win. He's still my pick for LHW champ by the end of this year. I'm not the only one who thinks so. (Greg Jackson... somebody with much more credibility than me).
postman
2/21/08 10:28:50PM

Posted by fightdavejordan

and griffin is my fav.

and griffin beat his a#*

Wow a bit of a over statment. wasn't Griffen the one who got bloddied up by a man who was only at 50 or 60 % ?
Ordep
2/21/08 11:30:44PM

Current : Rampage
All time : Shogun
Cladrix
2/21/08 11:41:00PM

Posted by postman

and griffin is my fav.

and griffin beat his a#*

Wow a bit of a over statment. wasn't Griffen the one who got bloddied up by a man who was only at 50 or 60 % ?

Took the words straight out of my mouth
rameydl8
2/22/08 4:29:08AM

Posted by postman

and griffin is my fav.

and griffin beat his a#*

well shogun didnt have to take the fight....so the excuses that he was 50 or 60 % are gettin kinda old......he made the choice to fight so all excuses should get thrown out the window
Pookie
2/22/08 4:47:18AM

Posted by rameydl8

Posted by postman

and griffin is my fav.

and griffin beat his a#*

well shogun didnt have to take the fight....so the excuses that he was 50 or 60 % are gettin kinda old......he made the choice to fight so all excuses should get thrown out the window

but still the fact remains...

I mean cmon the dude was asking for someone to flame him on it...
jiujitsufreak74
2/22/08 5:15:03AM
i am just going to put it out there...but maybe they mean tito when they say the person who beat up forrest at 50 or 60...just saying because if you remember he was allegedly hurt as well...

damn, can't forrest fight anyone that is healthy
Pages: [1] 2