Best Jujistu fighters in MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best Jujistu fighters in MMA
« Previous Page
dstlvb
11/15/08 8:52:55AM
Hey Freak now that he transitioning to MMA where would you put Drysdale on your list?
jiujitsufreak74
11/15/08 12:37:44PM

Posted by dstlvb

Hey Freak now that he transitioning to MMA where would you put Drysdale on your list?

i would have to say that his BJJ skills are better than Arona's, but only because Arona has been inactive lately and Drysdale has been on a tear. not to mention Drysdale competes in more tournaments. However, since Xande Ribeiro made his MMA debut at Sengoku 5, it is not easy to pick the best BJJ pratitioner at LHW. Xande beat Drysdale at the 2007 ADCC and went on to win his weight division, but, he has had less success at ADCC than Drysdale. Then again, the ADCC isn't the infaliable measuring stick when it comes to BJJ, and it is arguable that XAnde has had more success in other JJ tournaments than Drysdale, especially recently. Xande has been on a tear in 2008, including defeating Roger Gracie at the 2008 World JJ Championships Absolute Division.

Xande is hard to rank becasue he has losses to a lot of top JJ practitioners, but recently, he has been on a tear defeating the best of them. as of right now, in 2008, i would say that Xande has the best JJ in MMA right now for LHW, Drysdale i would say has the second best.
Wolfenstein
11/15/08 1:13:12PM
I've lso heard that Drysdale was beaten in a grappling match by TUF competitior Vinicius “Pezao” Magalhaes, although it was only by a single point...that being one takedown. Drysdale had him in a footlock at one point but as Vinny never reacted to the footlock no points were scored for it.
Biggz
11/15/08 3:05:45PM
LW- Penn and i don't know how you don't put Nate Diaz his BJJ is AWESOME and only getting better, he looked great against Josh Neer.
Tailgunner
11/15/08 6:21:14PM
Houston Alexanders BJJ is the best......period!
haggiswashere
11/16/08 3:22:04AM
I didn't know that much about maia til tonight and that dude has an insane pedigree. I think i only found partial so if anyone could get me a link to his awards and stuff that would be cool
higdon10
11/16/08 12:54:01PM

Posted by haggiswashere

I didn't know that much about maia til tonight and that dude has an insane pedigree. I think i only found partial so if anyone could get me a link to his awards and stuff that would be cool

Maia's jits looked very sharp. He has the best BJJ at 185.
jiujitsufreak74
11/16/08 12:58:54PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by haggiswashere

i'd say it's a tie between him and Jacare. they both have one victory over each other (that i know of) and both make other BJJ Black belts look like novices.
Jackelope
11/16/08 2:33:21PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by higdon10

Posted by haggiswashere

i'd say it's a tie between him and Jacare. they both have one victory over each other (that i know of) and both make other BJJ Black belts look like novices.

War Jacare!
higdon10
11/16/08 6:46:41PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by higdon10

Posted by haggiswashere

Jacare's BJJ is sick. Now that I think about it I dont know who is the better of the two. Maybe a slight edge to Maia due to the fact that recently he has been putting on a clinic on the biggest stage in MMA. But both are excellent.
Pages: 1 [2]