gretzky
lindros
coffey, bourque, turgeon
lemieux
i forget who's 55, maurice richard maybe
pronger
Billy_Soup
3/27/07 3:23:13PM
You atually think Maurice richard was number 55?? He was #9. Have you never read "The Hockey Sweater"?

Kieth Primaue (sp?) was 55, can't think of anyone else.

The best number in hockey is 12, only becuase thats the number i always have had.

Also you left out 33 : Patrick Roy, probably the greatest playoff goalie in the history of hockey.

for myself though never been a big fan of the double #'s
Rush
3/27/07 4:08:03PM
I am from Brantford so I guess I have to go with Gretzky's 99. Although he is not my hockey hero (Salming - #21).
jdubs
3/27/07 5:17:16PM
69, its only a matter of time before someone posted it so i figured id be the first
pv3Hpv3p
3/29/07 5:09:14PM
Grew up outside of Pittsburgh in the early / mid 90's so Lemiuex = God...

66 all the way...

Thinking back, the team that won the cup in 92(i think) was absolutely rideculous...

Lemiuex, Jagr, Recchi, Stevens, Francis, Coffey, Ulf, and of course Tommy Boraso in net... Ahh the glory days...

I can't believe that they are talking about moving the Pens... ******* blasphamy
madmarck
3/29/07 5:12:25PM
99 beotches. The Great one all the way. The only guy to break 1000 points, in his carreer Twice.

His Jersey is retired league wide. Now thats badass.
deadcore
3/30/07 1:23:17AM
99 easy question
iwannabesedated
4/1/07 7:14:59PM
66 all the way..Im near Pittsburgh so Mario is god...
coldindian
7/29/07 11:34:45PM
55 is Inuk Jordin Tootoo i am very proud to be inuk he is huge role model to me he is very good figter for 5'10 scrappin guys who are over 6 feet tall one of my heroes
DJDark41
7/30/07 10:07:29AM
The number 77 is very underrated. Ray Bourque, Paul Coffey, Adam Oates and Pierre Turgeon were all great players. Lets take a look, shall we?

Ray Bouruqe
Seventh all time in games played(1612)
410 goals
Fourth all time in assists(1169)
Ninth all time in points(1579)
5 Time Norris Trophy Winner, King Clancy Memorial Trophy Winner, Lester Patrick Trophy Winner
Multiple time all star and olympian.
One of the best offensive-defensemen ever.

Paul Coffey
Most goals in a season by a defenseman(48)
Most points in one game by a defenseman(8)
Most assists in one game by a defenseman(6)
Longest point streak by a defenseman(28 games)
Most goals/assists/points by a defenseman in one playoff year(12/25/37)
Scored 1000 points over the course of 25 NHL Seasons with 8 teams

Adam Oates
1420 points in 1337 games(341 goals, 1079 assists)
Finished 3rd in scoring three times
Currently the highest scoring retired player not in the Hockey Hall of Fame

Pierre Turgeon
1327 points in 1294 games(515 goals, 812 assists)
34th player to score 500 goals in the NHL
4 time NHL All Star

I'd say thats worthy of being the best.
thepunisher
7/30/07 12:41:15PM
#11 Mark Messier
the-james
7/30/07 4:13:21PM

Posted by thepunisher

#11 Mark Messier

Good Call
DJDark41
7/30/07 4:20:10PM
As a single player, #11 is probably top three of players to wear double digit numbers. But, as an overall, not too many great players have worn #11.
tommyprairie
7/30/07 9:36:33PM
99, without a doubt
zephead
7/30/07 9:42:37PM
No #11??????

The greatest captain in teams sports. How many Cups did "The Great One" win without Mr. Messier???? I'll tell you, NADA. ZIPPY. NATHAN. How many did Mr. Messier win without "The Great One"??? I'll tell ya, 2. For a total of 6.

Mr. Messier, the best hockey player EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thelastking
7/31/07 3:09:33AM
Larry Murphy was number 55
but the best double digit number has to be 99 just because of gretzky
imo the best number in hockey is 19(Yzerman)
Taylor8766
7/31/07 2:38:54PM
Mario is the greatest of all time, way better than gretzky
DJDark41
7/31/07 10:48:32PM

Posted by Taylor8766

Mario is the greatest of all time, way better than gretzky

Well...they were both great players. In terms of pure skill and scoring ability Gretzky is slightly ahead of Mario. But, in terms of heart and determination Mario wins that one hands down. It makes you think, if Lemieux never got hurt or sick, how many points would he have scored? We'll never know.
coldindian
7/31/07 11:14:26PM
again #55 Jordin Tootoo not because hes a good hockey player,but because he is a hero to alot of kids growing up...also number 22 his old number
DJDark41
8/1/07 1:04:35AM

Posted by coldindian

again #55 Jordin Tootoo not because hes a good hockey player,but because he is a hero to alot of kids growing up...also number 22 his old number

How do you think Jordin Tootoo is a great hockey player? He's about as bad as Todd Bertuzzi. All Jordin Tootoo is good for is penalty minutes and cheap hits. Well, there was the totally cheap hit from behind that was way out of the play that send Modano blasting into the boards, then his sucker punch on Stephan Robidas that sent him to the hospital. His check from behind on Pavel Datsyuk after the play had stopped. Why did he hit him? Cause he was hooking Datsyuk and got his stick caught in the jersey. Not to mention he's a short little talentless placeholder(I would call him a goon, but he's too small)who has garbage stats, even for a "physical placeholder." How Jordin Tootoo is a hero to anyone..maybe a hero to someone who wants to grow up and play soccer with infants as a ball. [/rant]
Aether
8/1/07 9:42:16AM
statistically speaking mario lemieux is actually the best player in hockey. It's pretty subjective since it's a team game and you have to look at the era they played in etc. But I'd say the competition was at a higher level while lemieux was playing than gretzky, and he has the best points/game ratio. Gretzky does have more points but you have to consider that he got them over a longer period of time, Lemieux has the best ratio.
coldindian
8/1/07 10:53:02AM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by coldindian

How do you think Jordin Tootoo is a great hockey player? He's about as bad as Todd Bertuzzi. All Jordin Tootoo is good for is penalty minutes and cheap hits. Well, there was the totally cheap hit from behind that was way out of the play that send Modano blasting into the boards, then his sucker punch on Stephan Robidas that sent him to the hospital. His check from behind on Pavel Datsyuk after the play had stopped. Why did he hit him? Cause he was hooking Datsyuk and got his stick caught in the jersey. Not to mention he's a short little talentless placeholder(I would call him a goon, but he's too small)who has garbage stats, even for a "physical placeholder." How Jordin Tootoo is a hero to anyone..maybe a hero to someone who wants to grow up and play soccer with infants as a ball. [/rant]

First of all...that was a perfectly clean hit on Modano he did..then Robidas was coming behind Tootoo and was intending to hti him from behind..so your wrong on that one its Robidas faultand even when Modano got up his stick hit Tootoo in the back it might not have hurt but it was still an attack....maybe he hit Datsyuk from behid but owell it happens...Jordin is one of my heros because he made it in the NHL..he is the first inuk to make it in the NHL...he is a good hockey player but every team needs a tough guy to go out and start stuff out on the ice..here watch this....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bWw_VrQiSMU
DJDark41
8/1/07 11:21:14AM
Jordin Tootoo is nothing but a little fairy who makes a living off cheap shots and hits from behind. I hope the Rangers play against him this season and Colton Orr knocks his block off and teaches him how the big boys play.
coldindian
8/1/07 11:33:18AM
whats with the hating??what is it with people these days now you are wishing someone will make him hurt because of what he gets paid to do...i proved you wrong and now you have nothing to back your story up with about Robidas and Modano so your whining about his hockey style and wishing that he gets hurt in the future..show a litle respect the players in NHL work very hard to where they are now...there is alot of dedication involved in it...and ou have the nerve to come over the internet and mouth at other people who made it farther in life then you did.
coldindian
8/1/07 11:39:30AM
mouth about other people who made it farther in life then you did...sorry***
kimoron
8/3/07 4:47:13AM
Mario Lemieux #66, the only double digit number that matters
Ultimate_fighter
8/4/07 3:46:01AM
i think... i hundred billion is the best number..
Ultimate_fighter
8/4/07 3:48:13AM

Posted by DJDark41

Jordin Tootoo is nothing but a little fairy who makes a living off cheap shots and hits from behind. I hope the Rangers play against him this season and Colton Orr knocks his block off and teaches him how the big boys play.

MAN, tootoo is a big boy... didn;t he beat up iginla once?