Best grappler from your state

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best grappler from your state
« Previous Page
iwannabesedated
4/22/07 6:02:18PM

Posted by fedorwins1

I live in PA so I would have to choose either Josh Koscheck or Kurt Angle.

I live in PA too..Koscheck wasnt that good in high school he never won states..i live 20 mins from waynesburg where hes from...they have had many state champs from that school..and comparing Kos to ANgle in wrestling is crazy...angle is an Olympic champ..KOS never won high school states..Kerry Kolat was awesome back in the day as well..as well as kids from Easton and Connellsvile schools..always have good wrestlers
amicali
4/22/07 10:44:35PM
mark coleman, kevin randleman
pv3Hpv3p
4/22/07 11:51:51PM

Posted by amicali

mark coleman, kevin randleman

Are you kissing a giant dick in your avatar?
thunder1030
4/24/07 9:23:26AM
Wi- I know Garret Lowney is from Freedom, Wi He was a medalist at the last summer games silver or bronze in greco. MMA there are Henry Matamoros, John Friedland, Eric Schafer, Dave Strasser.

In Green Bay, Schafer was up this past sat, it was great, awesome day. Warrrrr
Green Bay Brazilian Ju-Jitsu & MMA
Rush
4/24/07 11:18:52AM
In Ontario all I can think of is Carlos Newton, but it's hard to gauge on who the best grappler is. Are we talking most decorated with many smaller titles or with big titles?

I mean, most of the guys listed in this thread don't have great ADCC records.

I also don't see too many olymipic wresters or judoka listed either. You think they should be listed? I think so.

Fanboy 1988
4/28/07 9:13:06PM
That Jorge guy the one who trains Rich Franklin, his gym about 15 minutes from my house I been wanting to check it out for a while now...

There's a guy named Ron Fields that has gym in franklin ohio to, been there a couple times he's a very tough guy

And last but not least there's the hammer house oh yeah, that's were I need to start going.
xthe_scottx
4/28/07 11:13:09PM

Posted by Fanboy 1988

That Jorge guy the one who trains Rich Franklin, his gym about 15 minutes from my house I been wanting to check it out for a while now...

Jorge Gurgel. He is Rich Franklins BJJ coach. He fights in the UFC but hasn't fought in a while. He was rumored to fight Jamie Varner at UFC 73 but Varner is on an upcoming WEC card so now he is rumored to fight Diego Saraiva at UFN 10.
cowcatcher
4/30/07 10:28:43AM
dennis hall is by far the best grappler ever to come from wisconsin.
Pages: 1 [2]