Best Fights of 2007 tonight at 9 pm (ET)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Best Fights of 2007 tonight at 9 pm (ET)
jiujitsufreak74
12/4/07 9:09:01PM

I hope they pick the right fights...o crap, thats now!!!!!! i found this out too late : (

so far they picked good fights, edgar / griffin was shown and i am very happy about that. i hope they keep it up.

if anyone wants to share their thoughts, opinions or wants to rant about something feel free as long as it regards this show
SexPanther
12/4/07 10:23:12PM
i just hope they pick the right fights. Not the ones that have the most meaning.

For example i hope they show fights like leben vs. martin b/c although some not that important they are very good fights.
jiujitsufreak74
12/4/07 10:48:54PM

Posted by SexPanther

i just hope they pick the right fights. Not the ones that have the most meaning.

For example i hope they show fights like leben vs. martin b/c although some not that important they are very good fights.

i agree with what you are saying but do not agree on leben / martin fight. i thought that fight was an nontechnical, disgusting slopfest which saw both fighters gas in the third round and every punch thrown in the last round was half hearted and it just appalled me to see two guys so out of shape. i know they had a good pace in the beginning, but by midway into the 2nd round they both began to get really sloppy and it kind of irritated me on their lack of technicality and crispness. anyway, so far they have shown edgar / griffin, CC / GG, huerta / garcia, liddell / jackson and right now is fisher / stout II. they also touched upon memorable moments such as Maynard KOing himself against emerson and Sean Salmon getting KTFO by a beautiful rashad head kick. late ris supposed to be anderson silva raping nate the great and serra KOing GSP (maybe that was first and i missed it)
emfleek
12/4/07 11:26:11PM
Serra/GSP was first.
SexPanther
12/5/07 12:11:46AM
not one fight on the entire show i havent seen.

JJ as far as your veiws on leben vs. martin.......thats your opinion.

My opinion is that the fight was extremely exiting, a great war between two strong heavy handed mw fighters. The ending was unreal......only the crippler could pull something crazy like that out of nowhere.
jiujitsufreak74
12/5/07 12:15:53AM

Posted by SexPanther

not one fight on the entire show i havent seen.

JJ as far as your veiws on leben vs. martin.......thats your opinion.

My opinion is that the fight was extremely exiting, a great war between two strong heavy handed mw fighters. The ending was unreal......only the crippler could pull something crazy like that out of nowhere.

i respect that, and yea i saw every one of those fights because i watch every ufc, but it was good to get some of the best ufc fights out there to mainstream public who maybe don't watch every fight. it was good to refresh some of the fights like edgar / griffin (kinda lost its zeal after griffn / guida and edgar / fisher) so i enjoyed it. ill be honest, i never saw the huerta garcia fight except on my computer so it was nice to see it on my 62 inch TV
TimW001
12/5/07 12:21:47AM
This was fun to watch.
pv3Hpv3p
12/5/07 12:43:31AM
I thought it was fun to watch too... It did a good job highlighting some great fights that have gone on this year...
TimW001
12/5/07 12:57:06AM
I wished they showed Houston vs Jardine
NatedawgThaM
12/5/07 1:11:02AM

Posted by TimW001

I wished they showed Houston vs Jardine

I agree but they showed most of the good fights. I kind of wish they would have showed Franklin-Anderson 2 since that was a good fight. That was the 1st time I ever payed attention 100% to the Huerat-Garcia fight since i saw it on TV. I only saw it on comp. but on TV it's 10x better! Amazing fight!

emfleek
12/5/07 8:55:14AM
Does Rampage/Liddell really count as a good fight? It wasn't really much of a fight at all...
Boo_Radley21
12/5/07 9:01:32AM
I taped it last night. I think it showed awesome fights. Really exciting brawls or people getting dominated. Good stuff
JWils
12/5/07 9:10:10AM
Awesome Monday Night Football game on Monday, kick ass Best of UFC 2007 on Tuesday.... it's been a good tv week

After watching Huerta/Garcia again, I am really pumped about Huerta/Guida this weekend.

Boo_Radley21
12/5/07 9:22:40AM

That fight should be a war. It definitely has potential and I'm really looking forward to it.
Pitbull09
12/5/07 7:25:22PM
Does anyone know if there will be a re-run? I missed it and i am ticked. I heard Sherk vs Florian was on and that was great to watch the first time around