Best Fighting Movie Ever

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Best Fighting Movie Ever
Next Page »
TeamDEY
3/15/11 5:25:47PM
What do you guys think is the best fighting movie ever (can be boxing, MMA, Street fighting, etc.)?

Sport's Illustrated said that The Fighter was the best sports movie of the decade, though I completely disagree, I started to think about all the fighting movies there are. There are great ones like Raging Bull, Blood Sport, Rocky but my absolute favorite fighting movie would have to be MILLION DOLLAR BABY. I think the acting and directing is perfect, the boxing looks real, and the story is great. Million Dollar Baby IMO is def the best fighting movie ever but perhaps one of the greatest sports movies ever.
TS92turbo
3/15/11 5:36:26PM
Any Bruce Lee movie. And Rocky 4.
Ordep
3/15/11 6:13:39PM
Mortal Kombat
gartface
3/15/11 6:22:11PM
The Fighter is probably my favorite.
casketcoin
3/15/11 7:11:14PM
Foot Fist Way
warglory
3/15/11 7:20:30PM
So does this include martial arts action movies? If so, I think a long forgotten film is Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon which is made fun of these days for some reason, but was nominated for best picture and art design back then. This is prob my fave. Also Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle are brilliant.

In all seriousness, The Karate Kid has to be mentioned in this list as well.

warglory
3/15/11 7:24:05PM
In terms of movies about pure fighting, I think Cinderella Man rivals The Fighter as the best of the last decade. Million Dollar Baby is a brilliant film, but it's just too depressing for me to really enjoy for it's entertainment value, that's the only reason I don't include it.

kopower
3/15/11 7:59:20PM
Ip Man - This film has some of the best fight scenes I have watched.

As for the best fighting movie, Rocky was pretty damn good.
papercut
3/15/11 8:16:04PM
the protector- tony jaa is a muay thai genius and actually developed a hybrid style for the movie.
kung pow- more of a spoof but definitely worth the watch.

obviously all of the movies already mentioned are must see for fighting movies and once you've seen all of these check out the above

Edit: also check out the "transporter" series Jason statham has very good fight scenes. also "Unleashed" with Jet Li is fantastic.
Chael_Sonnen
3/15/11 9:01:12PM
ROADHOUSE
postman
3/15/11 9:06:38PM
I'm going off the board and a little away from wht I think you are looking for but fighting none the less

300 and Troy had some pretty good fights in them
Malaussie
3/15/11 9:58:50PM

Posted by kopower

Ip Man - This film has some of the best fight scenes I have watched.

As for the best fighting movie, Rocky was pretty damn good.

Agree Ip Man is awesome!

I'll also strongly recommend Ong Bak 1-3 awesome muay thai fight scenes.

My favourite fight scene is the final fight scene of wheels on meals with Jackie Chan and Benny 'the jet' Urquidez. Bad movie but worth the watch for the final fight scene alone.
TeamDEY
3/15/11 10:10:36PM
Rocky is legendary
lohmann
3/15/11 10:45:03PM
Raging Bull is easily the best movie revolving around sports. It takes the need for a Rocky to prove his masculinity to the world, and instead of making it a heartwarming story, shows the destructive nature of an athlete and his competitive desire to be the best.

Arguably the last great American movie.
postman
3/15/11 11:02:27PM
A little off topic but not to far, has anyone heard the promo on Sherdog radio for the interview Jack did with Phil Barroni where he mentions a year ago Phil Tweeted: "Watching the Wrestler. Good movie. Please don't let this be how my career ends." Deep thoughts from Phil
mrsmiley
3/16/11 4:55:19AM
Always thought blood sport was a classic. Gotta give props to rocky too.
MiniMan
3/16/11 9:21:04AM
OMG, Van Damme KICKBOXER!!!

I have VHS, DVD, Blu Ray and I downloaded copy for my phone!! Tong Po!
jjeans
3/16/11 10:05:32AM
Keep editing cause I see films mentioned!

But i agree with Van Damme's kickboxer...
emfleek
3/16/11 10:42:56AM
Meh...not really a fan of the genre, but here are a few I enjoy(ed).

--------

The Karate Kid
Million Dollar Baby
The Hurricane
The Great White Hype
American Ninja 1*
American Ninja 2*

* Haven't seen these in years. I loved them as a kid...probably not so much now if I were to watch them again.
emfleek
3/16/11 10:44:51AM

Posted by postman

A little off topic but not to far, has anyone heard the promo on Sherdog radio for the interview Jack did with Phil Barroni where he mentions a year ago Phil Tweeted: "Watching the Wrestler. Good movie. Please don't let this be how my career ends." Deep thoughts from Phil

Heard that on the way in to work this morning while listening to Buffer's podcast. I'd like to listen to the interview.
State_Champ
3/16/11 10:57:10AM
probably...
Drunken Master.
Legend of Drunken Master.
Rocky (series).
Enter the Dragon.

maybe.....
Gladiator.
Fight Club.
Old Boy.
Raging Bull.
Die Hard (series)

Edit- Bloodsport
teddythetuna
3/16/11 2:37:16PM
Ip Man
Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer. Chow is the man
Hero
Fearless
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Baki the Grappler
Iron Monkey
Redbelt
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

So many great movies. You could include anything with Bruce Lee, Yen, Chow , and Jet
mrsmiley
3/16/11 3:01:52PM

Posted by State_Champ

probably...
Drunken Master.
Legend of Drunken Master.
Rocky (series).
Enter the Dragon.

maybe.....
Gladiator.
Fight Club.
Old Boy.
Raging Bull.
Die Hard (series)

Edit- Bloodsport

Yes. Enter the dragon is a must!!!
Lockfrow
3/16/11 7:47:32PM
#1 Foot fist way
#2 The Hammer
zxandu
3/17/11 3:33:33AM
Billy Madison - Bob Barker kicking Adam Sandler's ass was hilarious!!!
Malaussie
3/19/11 11:16:22PM
Undisputed 2 and 3 are also awesome!
george112
4/24/12 2:33:23PM
Ip Man 2 !!!!!!
ChrisSabal
4/24/12 2:45:47PM
The Fighter. The performance by Bale was absolutely awesome. Walhberg was alright.
BuffaloDave
4/24/12 3:30:39PM
Cinderella Man

Kill Bill 1&2

Gangs of New York

Snatch

Bubbles
4/24/12 7:48:51PM

Posted by warglory

In terms of movies about pure fighting, I think Cinderella Man rivals The Fighter as the best of the last decade. Million Dollar Baby is a brilliant film, but it's just too depressing for me to really enjoy for it's entertainment value, that's the only reason I don't include it.

I too think Cinderella Man is better than both
Pages: [1] 2