BEST fighterof all time?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » BEST fighterof all time?
Next Page »
roger
2/2/08 12:45:09PM
your opinion?
roger
2/2/08 12:46:09PM
if ur hade to sum it up to one fighter who would it be?
roger
2/2/08 1:01:05PM
guess no one liked this topic
KeNn
2/2/08 1:02:29PM
lol Dr Dre
roger
2/2/08 1:02:47PM
do you think Randy Couture is the best fighter of all time?
roger
2/2/08 1:04:02PM
not even close
juanez13
2/2/08 1:15:22PM
fedor emelianenko
roger
2/2/08 1:28:51PM
he is a good fighter
roger
2/2/08 1:42:18PM
just watched best of fedor emelianenko on youtube badass
murphy_16
2/2/08 3:09:41PM
GSP BEST EVER
roger
2/2/08 3:10:57PM
gsp is going to have his hands full with matt Serra but i hope he wins
murphy_16
2/2/08 3:13:06PM
r u jokin matt serra is 1 of the worst fighters ever if GSP doesnt go in to cocky he'll fukin kill serra.
roger
2/2/08 3:58:30PM
lets hope so
cowcatcher
2/2/08 4:04:17PM

Posted by murphy_16

r u jokin matt serra is 1 of the worst fighters ever if GSP doesnt go in to cocky he'll fukin kill serra.

serra one of the worst????? i think thats WAY off, he may be one of the most surprising champs and biggest underdogs to win a title match(if not the biggest, maybe mo smith) but hes is a quality fighter for sure.

my pick would be a toss up between fedor and matt hughes. hughes dominated like no one else for years, and fedor is as close to unstoppable as anyone ever in MMA, at least so far. the most talented may well be GSP though, i think the only losses he has had have been more because of mental errors than physical shortcomings.
roger
2/2/08 4:09:29PM
i agree he is not the worst by far
murphy_16
2/2/08 4:14:09PM
ye he's not the worst but i just hat him and matt hughes both fukin dicks but serra still not close to GSP standard
cmill21
2/2/08 4:51:17PM
Fedor.
jiujitsufreak74
2/2/08 5:00:05PM
my answer to the question is Fedor. no one could touch him in PRIDE where all of the best fighters were at the time. no one has since dominated the competition like he did.

roger, please stop post whoring. you have to give the topic more than 15 minutes before posting again. please use the EDIT feature and stop double and triple posting. let someone else respond before posting again and please post more then on sentence posts all the time. occasionally it is O.K. but to constantly post one word or one sentence posts is not up to par for this site. your post whoring acts are starting to bother me and a lot of other members.
roger
2/2/08 5:39:56PM
I did not relize i was posting like that sorry won't happen anymore i am sorry to everyone i pissed off won't happen again you have my word
cowcatcher
2/2/08 5:51:20PM
sounds like you just didnt know man, im glad you werent an angry jerk about it, good man
postman
2/2/08 7:58:52PM
I want to say someone else but Fedor is still going to be my pick. There is no doubting his skill level. I think that Anderson and GSP can be talked about in the mix I also think that if BJ would have stayed focused he could have been brought up in the conversation. I really think that if BJ was from anywhere but laid back Helo he would have been on top.
wolfman
2/3/08 11:36:08PM

Posted by cowcatcher

sounds like you just didnt know man, im glad you werent an angry jerk about it, good man

Agreed, usually you see people blow a fuse lol
hippysmacker
2/3/08 11:42:33PM

Posted by murphy_16

That seems really out of line, as Serra has fought a lot of good fighters, beat GSp, and only was stopped once. He is not even the least accomplished fighter to hold a UFC or Pride belt IMO. I would give that honor to Dave Menne , and I wouldn't call him one of the worst fighters ever. Maybe you are new to MMA, but their were guys in the early UFC( art Jimmerson anyone?) or in Pride freak show matches ( Dos Caras comes to mind) who had no business being in a MMA ring IMO. If you love GSP that's great, but there is no need to insult the guy who just demolished him. Do I think Serra will do it again? No, I am still shocked the way their first fight went down, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.
CJsuperstar
2/10/08 7:29:31AM
I've got to go with Gandhi.
bantherj
3/19/08 10:36:43PM
randy c. is my favorite but im not saying he is the best of all time. there are a few that stand out.
ICSlegend
3/20/08 1:02:12AM
Street fighter, MMA fighter, what kind of fighter?

General fighter might go to Bruce Lee (flame away). No one had his combination of skills in technique, speed (off the charts), power (off the charts for his size), mental focus/philosophy (was very weak as a child, hardly an ideal athlete, and revolutionized martial arts), and determination (how many people can achieve near zero percent body fat and maintain it for years and years?). And don't start the "he was an actor not a fighter". He was first and foremost a martial artist, and completely destroyed world class Judo/Karate/Kickboxing champions in mere seconds (their words and witnesses, not his, hence top fighters flocking to learn from him). Not to mention capturing a boxing title as a teenager without having trained in anything but minor Wing Chun (he only knew the first of 3 forms, not even enough to be qualified as a Wing Chun instructor).

MMA sport fighter probably Fedor. Never been defeated, hard to argue. And I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I would pick Bruce against Fedor prime vs prime. Fedor can have all the skills in the world, but he would not be faster then Bruce. Watch his training videos, not his movies. He was too fast for anyone and probably hit harder then Fedor too. Simple physics. F=ma. Fedor has more mass, but Lee's acceleration is exponentially greater, resulting in greater force.
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/20/08 2:11:05AM
It's so hard to pick because there have been a lot of guys who have gone on some amazing winning strreaks during their prime. Then you have the issue of whether or not its a ring or cage. As you can tell....im very indecisive.
Pookie
3/20/08 12:32:19PM

Posted by ICSlegend

Street fighter, MMA fighter, what kind of fighter?

General fighter might go to Bruce Lee (flame away). No one had his combination of skills in technique, speed (off the charts), power (off the charts for his size), mental focus/philosophy (was very weak as a child, hardly an ideal athlete, and revolutionized martial arts), and determination (how many people can achieve near zero percent body fat and maintain it for years and years?). And don't start the "he was an actor not a fighter". He was first and foremost a martial artist, and completely destroyed world class Judo/Karate/Kickboxing champions in mere seconds (their words and witnesses, not his, hence top fighters flocking to learn from him). Not to mention capturing a boxing title as a teenager without having trained in anything but minor Wing Chun (he only knew the first of 3 forms, not even enough to be qualified as a Wing Chun instructor).

MMA sport fighter probably Fedor. Never been defeated, hard to argue. And I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I would pick Bruce against Fedor prime vs prime. Fedor can have all the skills in the world, but he would not be faster then Bruce. Watch his training videos, not his movies. He was too fast for anyone and probably hit harder then Fedor too. Simple physics. F=ma. Fedor has more mass, but Lee's acceleration is exponentially greater, resulting in greater force.

Once it hits the ground though Bruce Lee was relatively untrained there... With fedors bear strength i believe he could secure one arm and submit him.
ICSlegend
3/20/08 7:24:09PM

Posted by Pookie

Once it hits the ground though Bruce Lee was relatively untrained there... With fedors bear strength i believe he could secure one arm and submit him.

"Relatively untrained"? Bruce trained ground. He trained wrestling and submissions. Read his book.

Anyway I'm not arguing that Bruce Lee has the sub skils of Fedor, but fact is, Bruce was so fast you couldn't see his attacks. Fedor is nowhere near that speed. He would get knocked out quick before anything had a chance to hit the ground.
iwannabesedated
3/20/08 7:28:21PM
You cant disagree with this guy

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pages: [1] 2