What Would Be The Best Fight Ever

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » What Would Be The Best Fight Ever
Ultimate_fighter
3/1/07 10:42:15PM
Pick 2 UFC/PRIDE or mixed together, what 2 fighters would you think would be the best fight ever fought?
jdubs
3/1/07 10:43:53PM
chuck vs fedor, given they keep it on their feet
Dadaman
3/1/07 11:17:59PM
I would love to see Razor Rob fight Gomi. That would be an intense matchup.
black96eclipse
3/2/07 12:02:31AM

Posted by jdubs

chuck vs fedor, given they keep it on their feet

Not taking anything away from the Iceman, but I think Fedor would overwhelm him and take him out in the first round.
black96eclipse
3/2/07 12:05:00AM
One I'd love to see would be Fedor vs. Arlovski. Sylvia may be the champ, but I still think Arlovski is the best heavyweight UFC has. I'd also like to see Matt Hughes step up in weight and fight Rich Franklin. I don't think we'll see it happen, but it'd make a good fight.
hathcock32
3/2/07 12:57:50AM
Bj Penn vs Fedor

Gomi Vs Hughes ( So i could see Hughes kill him....literally he might)
xthe_scottx
3/2/07 1:09:20AM
Dan Henderson vs Anderson Silva (I'm not a big fan of either but Henderson can take a punch and Silva was taken down easily by Lutter)

BJ Penn vs Hayato Sakurai (Both have great ground skills and can strike with the best in the LW division).

Mauricio Rua vs Chuck Liddell (Not a big fan of either of these fighters but should provide for an all-out war).

Tatsuya Kawajiri vs Shinya Aoki (Need I say anymore?).

Nate Marquardt vs Rich Franklin (Both fighters are very well rounded and would put everything into the fight).

Andrei Arlovski vs Mirko Filipovic (Arlovski got a lightning fast right hand and Cro Cop doesn't have the best chin so it should be a great stand up battle).

Just to name a few...
loller90278
3/2/07 3:16:47AM

Posted by xthe_scottx

Dan Henderson vs Anderson Silva (I'm not a big fan of either but Henderson can take a punch and Silva was taken down easily by Lutter)

BJ Penn vs Hayato Sakurai (Both have great ground skills and can strike with the best in the LW division).

Mauricio Rua vs Chuck Liddell (Not a big fan of either of these fighters but should provide for an all-out war).

Nate Marquardt vs Rich Franklin (Both fighters are very well rounded and would put everything into the fight).

Andrei Arlovski vs Mirko Filipovic (Arlovski got a lightning fast right hand and Cro Cop doesn't have the best chin so it should be a great stand up battle).

Just to name a few...

crocop doesnt have a good chin? are you basing this off the randleman fight ?? i'd say arlovski has the weaker chin by that weak lil right tim threw to knock him down...

i'd like to see

aoki vs bj penn
matt hughes vs mitsuhiro ishida
shogun rua vs chuck liddell
aleks e vs tim sylvia
crocop vs peter aerts

hippysmacker
3/2/07 3:37:20AM
Aokli vs Penn( obvious reasons) and Hughes vs Gomi because he pissed me off by admitting or claiming he didn't train hard for the Diaz fight. GnP clinic by Hughes
Trapt1nw0nder
3/2/07 7:46:27AM
Brandon Vera vs CroCop

Hardonk vs CroCop

Liddell vs Fedor

Nick Diaz vs "Mach" (Sakurai)

Kendall Grove vs Anderson Silva

GSP vs Anderson Silva (185)

Tim Sylvia vs Fedor
Tim Sylvia vs CroCop...(i think these fights will be closer than people might think)

Rampage vs Tito

madmarck
3/2/07 8:46:22AM
Mirko Cro Cop vs Fedor
Chuck Vs Shogun
Gomi vs Penn
Sherk vs Melendez
Aoki vs Jon Fitch
Aleksander Emilenko vs Tim Sylvia
Nog vs Arlovski
Wand vs Couture
Dan Hendrson vs Anderson Silva
pv3Hpv3p
3/2/07 11:37:00AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by xthe_scottx

Just to name a few...

crocop doesnt have a good chin? are you basing this off the randleman fight ?? i'd say arlovski has the weaker chin by that weak lil right tim threw to knock him down...

i'd like to see

aoki vs bj penn
matt hughes vs mitsuhiro ishida
shogun rua vs chuck liddell
aleks e vs tim sylvia
crocop vs peter aerts

I don't know how many "weak little right hands" a 6'8" giant throws... It was actually a pretty solid inside right hook/uppercut and it hit AA partially in the throat...
waylon_o
3/2/07 12:07:10PM

Posted by black96eclipse

One I'd love to see would be Fedor vs. Arlovski. Sylvia may be the champ, but I still think Arlovski is the best heavyweight UFC has. I'd also like to see Matt Hughes step up in weight and fight Rich Franklin. I don't think we'll see it happen, but it'd make a good fight.

You think that Arlovski is better than CroCop?
madmarck
3/2/07 1:24:56PM
Chuck vs Wand or shogun.

Just cause of the fact that if those fights did happen we would see immediate rematches and perhaps a good ole trilogy.
eiredave
3/3/07 1:07:20PM
dana white v pride owner
madmarck
3/3/07 1:48:00PM

Posted by eiredave

dana white v pride owner

Dana by KO.
Better to see Dana White against Vince Mcchanon.
Vince has pro wrestling expericne and size.
Dana has amauter boxing and F-Bombs
poll77
3/3/07 3:48:32PM

Posted by black96eclipse

Not flaming but I really hope you do not think Arlovski is better than Crocop, you may feel bad soon because he might not even get past Werdum in the UK. Also Hughes vs Franklin would be a great fight but it will never happen, Hughes said he would like to contend for the Middleweight belt as long as Rich does not have it, so I guess they are friends. I would like to see Hughes vs. Anderson Silva, yeah everyone says Silva will KTFO him but whatever. He could get a takedown eventually and IMO could be very dangerous to Silva.
poll77
3/3/07 3:51:27PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by eiredave

dana white v pride owner

Dana by KO.
Better to see Dana White against Vince Mcchanon.
Vince has pro wrestling expericne and size.
Dana has amauter boxing and F-Bombs

haha. dana vs. mcmahon would be awesome. mcmahon is a pretty tough sob and i think it would actually be somewhat entertaining, at would at least make me laugh.
Northrend
3/3/07 4:16:35PM
Gomi vs Hughes
Wandy vs Chuck
Fedor vs Sylvia
Sakurai vs GSP
Snacks
3/3/07 4:35:22PM
Kawajiri/Aoki.

Or when Boku gets his ass into the UFC he could start wrecking shit, same with Kikuchi,
Ultimate_fighter
3/3/07 4:44:07PM
yea.... dana and pride owner... that would be awesome.. i am guessing dana would murder!!!