Best Featherweight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best Featherweight
POLL: Who is the best Featherweight
Kid Yamamoto 41% (25)
Urijah Faber 49% (30)
Jens Pulver 10% (6)
Pitbull09
5/18/08 2:07:15AM
I made a poll like this maybe a half year ago and was wondering if the opinions are still the same. Yamamoto is still considered the best from the majority.

Also answer if the Pulver/Faber fight will change your opinion at all
Jackelope
5/18/08 3:43:47AM
Faber if he beats Pulver decisively, IMO.
SmileR
5/18/08 10:01:36AM

Posted by Jackelope

Faber if he beats Pulver decisively, IMO.

juanez13
5/18/08 10:21:55AM
Yamamoto would KO both of them
IriShame
5/18/08 11:15:41AM
Jens is going to show The California Kid what the losing end of a KO feels like. Keep in mind Pulver is undefeated at Featherweight.
Pitbull09
5/18/08 1:08:29PM

Posted by IriShame

Jens is going to show The California Kid what the losing end of a KO feels like. Keep in mind Pulver is undefeated at Featherweight.

Keep in mind Faber is undefeated in Featherweight as well. Also Faber has been Ko'd before to Tyson Griffin at Lightweight.
Jackelope
5/18/08 1:55:32PM

Posted by IriShame

I'm pulling for Jens in this one, but the more I think about it the odds are stacked against him. It will be a war for sure and I love both fighters
nickcuc547
5/18/08 2:34:51PM
kid is unbelievable, but i think faber would beat him, the guy has too much cardio and he is so athletic.
jiujitsufreak74
5/18/08 2:43:06PM
this is just laughable. Kid Yamamoto is on a whole other level then both Faber and Pulver. if he ever fought either of them, he would win handily. i am honestly surprised how Faber is beating him in the pole, it actually saddens me. Kid needs to be recognized more for the great warrior that he is. in my mind this isn't even close, Kid Yamamoto is the true kin of the FW division, and more people should recognize.

Posted by IriShame
Keep in mind Pulver is undefeated at Featherweight.

and Sherk is undefeated at LW...your point being?
Jackelope
5/18/08 4:42:44PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

this is just laughable. Kid Yamamoto is on a whole other level then both Faber and Pulver. if he ever fought either of them, he would win handily. i am honestly surprised how Faber is beating him in the pole, it actually saddens me. Kid needs to be recognized more for the great warrior that he is. in my mind this isn't even close, Kid Yamamoto is the true kin of the FW division, and more people should recognize.

Posted by IriShame

They need to set up a match between the winner of Pulver/Faber against Yamamoto.

He has made more noise in higher weight classes than either Faber or Pulver, but on even ground I'm not really sure that there is that much of a difference. I see it being the typical strong American wrestler type (Faber) having enough skill to avoid dangerous situations and enough strength to control his opponent for a decision. To be honest if Faber beats Pulver decisively I rank him #1. However, if Pulver beats Faber I gotta put Kid first, then Pulver, then Faber.
hotrodttt
5/18/08 5:55:48PM

Posted by IriShame

JJFreak stated it perfectly, Kid's Wrestling is Olympic Level like Nagata, his Kickboxing is Powerful and his Submission Defense is Great. Even though he moved down to Bantamweight I still consider him the # 1 Featherweight.
Aaronno9
5/18/08 6:40:25PM
Kid is awesome, theres no denying that, but theres also no denying hes only fought one fighter with a winning record in mma since 2005. Cant expect people to rank him at the top when hes hardly fighting, or when he is fighting its against cans.

Do i think he'd beat faber? Id say the fights around 70/30 in his favour, but faber is to good just right off. He would give ANYBODY problems at 145.

Its the same situation as fedor though. I think most people know skill wise hes the best HW out there, but he has to show it on at least a partially consistent basis. Problem kid faces though, is even when he starts fighting better competition itl most likely still be in japan so not many casual fans will no about it.

bigbubbano23
5/18/08 9:18:58PM
none of those
Aaronno9
5/18/08 9:23:07PM
Who then?
DonnieDarko
5/18/08 10:07:57PM
kid by a mile
imanidiot777
5/18/08 11:13:37PM
I don't know that much about featherweights, hence I don't know much about Kid, but from what I've seen from Faber he seems to be really fast with submissions and never gets tired. Because of that I'll pick Faber but that is subject to change based on this upcoming bout.
Jackelope
5/18/08 11:43:10PM

Posted by imanidiot777

I don't know that much about featherweights, hence I don't know much about Kid, but from what I've seen from Faber he seems to be really fast with submissions and never gets tired. Because of that I'll pick Faber but that is subject to change based on this upcoming bout.

Well for sure Kid is phenomenal, but he's got Fedor syndrome as was mentioned earlier.
Pookie
5/19/08 12:39:42AM
Kid yamamoto by a mile
89vision
5/19/08 1:32:30AM
Kid is better everywhere, this fight between Faber and Kid would look a lot like Tyson Vs Faber

EDIT: dumbass sherdog rankings dont even have kid in the top 10
bullettdodger
5/19/08 1:43:02AM

i am honestly surprised how Faber is beating him in the pole, it actually saddens me. Kid needs to be recognized more for the great warrior that he is. in my mind this isn't even close, Kid Yamamoto is the true kin of the FW division, and more people should recognize.

[

its cause five people such as myself voted pulver from the heart and would really vote kid if it was just between faber and kid :D I know Kid would destroy themboth
Jackelope
5/19/08 8:01:32AM

Posted by 89vision

Kid is better everywhere, this fight between Faber and Kid would look a lot like Tyson Vs Faber

EDIT: dumbass sherdog rankings dont even have kid in the top 10

That's because they probably have him listed as a bantamweight
fedorwins1
5/19/08 9:19:21AM
I picked Kid, better wrestling than Faber IMO, better standup.
mrkennedy
5/20/08 11:41:09AM
if pulver beat faber(i don t think he will do it)he will be #1
mrkennedy
8/22/08 2:30:43PM
Urijah
LionHeartWarchild
8/22/08 5:03:42PM
I like all but I think Kid's got to be the best.
Purge
8/23/08 4:16:40PM
Yamamoto
copcopps
8/23/08 5:44:13PM
Kid, like Faber but far better
MikeyG
8/23/08 8:48:31PM
I think Fabiano is the man to beat Faber, Dont think Faber and Kid will fight anytime soon but I would pick Kid by KO.

It might sound like I dont like Faber but I honestly think Torres is too much for him too.
Ben_Hutch
9/1/08 7:09:54AM
It's not about who's 1st, as long as everyone tries their hardest they're all winners.