Best / Favorite Beer

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Best / Favorite Beer
« Previous Page
pv3Hpv3p
11/6/07 3:48:18PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Natural Lite.Pasbst.Bud Light.Yueng Ling

Funny story about Yueng Ling..I live in southwest PA and Yueng Ling is Brewed in Pottsville PA like maybe 2 hrs away from where i live.So last weekend im at this bar/ club here in town.I ordered a Yueng Ling for my Buddy Bartender says 4 dollars..im like 4 dollars..she likes yeah its "Imported" im like WTF its made in PA how the in the hell can it be imported.

Ha! Someone should revoke her PA citizenship! Unless she was hot.

They do the same thing in MN with Leinenkuegal's (sp?)... Shit's brewed in chipewa Falls, like 2 hrs away (albeit in 'Sconi)... But still, c'mon an import, from fu*kin Wisconsin?

With that being said... Lately for beer it's been...

Shit is the bomb...
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cowcatcher
11/6/07 3:53:29PM
the only beers worth drinking are brewed in wisconsin

ok im kidding, but as a sconi guy i drink mostly miller products, its cheap, and with all the people that work there that i know its never in short supply(free beer every month for employees). the only thing i wont drink is AB products, leave that swill in st louis!
pv3Hpv3p
11/6/07 3:58:01PM

Posted by cowcatcher

the only beers worth drinking are brewed in wisconsin

ok im kidding, but as a sconi guy i drink mostly miller products, its cheap, and with all the people that work there that i know its never in short supply(free beer every month for employees). the only thing i wont drink is AB products, leave that swill in st louis!

When I was going to school in WI, some buddies from the Milwakee area and I decided to go down to Milwakee and catch the Twins/Brewers series... They all got sooo pissed because I was sitting in front of Miller park, drinking Bud Light all day... I thought it was funny anyways
Rush
11/6/07 4:14:34PM
My faves are

Creemore
St Ambroise Apricot Ale
Keiths Red Ale
Mill St. Tankhouse Ale

However, I really haven't had too many beers in the past year or so. It has recently started giving me headaches and hot flashes, even in moderate quantities (1-3 20 oz pints). It's a shame because I love the taste of some beers. I guess a pro would be that it is easier to be more lean than before.

cowcatcher
11/6/07 4:20:43PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

When I was going to school in WI, some buddies from the Milwakee area and I decided to go down to Milwakee and catch the Twins/Brewers series... They all got sooo pissed because I was sitting in front of Miller park, drinking Bud Light all day... I thought it was funny anyways

so youre the guy on the post office walls around here
roadking95th
11/7/07 2:01:01PM
I once read, during my college days, in a book about beer drinking games that "there are no bad beers, some just taste better than others!"
cowcatcher
11/7/07 3:20:30PM

Posted by roadking95th

I once read, during my college days, in a book about beer drinking games that "there are no bad beers, some just taste better than others!"

i thought that quote might be biblical, cant help but agree
hathcock32
11/7/07 6:19:48PM
Mickeys
mkiv9secsupra
11/8/07 6:02:54PM
If your broke....211 Steel reserve all the way. tastes like crap but it still gets the job done. other than that Budweiser is the king.
iwannabesedated
11/8/07 7:58:52PM
You know...if its Keg Beer its gotta be Natural Lite..i can get a 16 Gallon keg for like 45 dollars with the tap..Ive gotten every kind of major beers in a keg and nothing taste better than good ol Natty.Plus when it comes to beer i tend to go with Quanity over Quality.
DvS
11/9/07 9:07:01AM
Anything imported
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/10/07 6:54:06PM
Molson Dry
OLDSCHOOL
11/18/07 9:40:59AM
NEWCASTLE BROWN ALE or MOOSEHEAD
Boo_Radley21
11/19/07 9:17:48AM
Moosehead or Maclays
fullerene
11/19/07 9:40:01AM
I like the lighter Mexican beers (Corona, Sol, Dos Equis) and German Weiss beers.

BTW, there are three types of wheat bears:
Crystal: this is very faint in color and usually served with a lemon
Heffe: this is a normal darkness and usually served with a lemon in the U.S., but not in Germany
Dunkel: this is a dark colored beer with a thicker taste. It is not served with fruit

These are types, not brands, so there are several makers of Crystal
Stickan
11/19/07 10:38:03AM
The original Nastro Azzurro.
scoozna
11/29/07 2:32:08PM
Being a fan of Belgian beer I found this article interesting:

WESTVLETEREN, Belgium -- The Trappist monks at St. Sixtus monastery have taken vows against riches, sex and eating red meat. They speak only when necessary. But you can call them on their beer phone.

Monks have been brewing Westvleteren beer at this remote spot near the French border since 1839. Their brew, offered in strengths up to 10.2% alcohol by volume, is among the most highly prized in the world. In bars from Brussels to Boston, and online, it sells for more than $15 for an 11-ounce bottle -- 10 times what the monks ask -- if you can get it.

For the 26 monks at St. Sixtus, however, success has brought a spiritual hangover as they fight to keep an insatiable market in tune with their life of contemplation.

WSJ artcle on St. Sixtus
Trapt1nw0nder
11/29/07 3:18:54PM
6 pack of Dos Equis for me please!.....Ahem!...and a coconut blunt wrap.
warglory
11/29/07 4:36:04PM
Switchback (can only get it on draft in Vermont. Fantastic beer)

For my common eveyrday drinking beer, Corona with lime is very very tasty. Samuel Adams I don't think makes a bad beer.
cmill21
11/29/07 5:44:55PM
MGD.
LayinFrame
1/16/08 10:45:25PM
i would go with coors, cmon its the banquet beer. The silver bullet is damn good also.
Taylor8766
1/17/08 10:47:43PM
Labbatt Blue, Period.
pdanke
1/17/08 10:51:57PM
Point Beer.

Good for the soul.
Believe-in-judo81
1/17/08 11:59:15PM

1.Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter - This stuff is bottled amazing, the best beer I've ever had. It's a cask strength aged Imperial Stout brewed in Orebro, Sweden by Närke Kulturbryggeri. Very nice, heavy, and dark beer. Surprisingly easy to drink given the relatively high alcohol content(10%abv).

2. Ayinger Celebrator - Another favorite, and probably the reason I became a beer drinker in the first place. Just a great beer, I'd drink it with damn near every meal I eat if I could. Brewed in Aying, Germany by Brauerei Aying.

3. Three Floyds Oak Aged Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout- Three Floyd's Flagship Dark Lord Stout, that has been set aside and allowed to age in old oak Woodford Reserve Bourbon barrels. Everything a beer in the style should be, excellent, with a few nice flavor and aroma notes added from the bourbon barrels. Brewed by Three Floyd's Brewing Co. in Munster Indiana.

My three favorites, I was going to list ten or fifteen and give you guys a better break down and some tips on places to hunt them down, but it would have taken ages. If anyone is interested let me know and I 'll throw up some more.

Pages: 1 [2]