Who has the best fans? Who has the worst (dissrespectfull) fans?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who has the best fans? Who has the worst (dissrespectfull) fans?
POLL: Which promotion has the best fans?
UFC 40% (14)
Dream 43% (15)
WEC 9% (3)
Elite XC 9% (3)
Strike force 0% (0)
Other- Please list: 0% (0)
theguido
6/4/08 12:51:46PM
Having watched different events so close togther has made me reailise that each fan base is different from boo's to cheer's which fans are on and which need to get a clue in your opinion?
The_Italian_Stallion
6/4/08 1:08:06PM
I don't think the fans boo or cheer for the organization...

I think they boo or cheer for the particular fighter... but I'd still have to say UFC anyway.
theguido
6/4/08 1:13:54PM

Posted by theguido

Having watched different events so close togther has made me reailise that each fan base is different from boo's to cheer's which fans are on and which need to get a clue in your opinion?

I wasn't saying that they cheer or boo for the org. I'm saying for example the Elite XC event the Smith vs Lawler fight deserved no boos what so ever and any time there was a break in the action the crowd started booing.
Franklinfan47
6/4/08 1:31:36PM
Usually the American promotions (ufc, wec, elitexc) have more disrespectful fans in that they will boo at almost anything. Its actually got to the point where its quite sickening, sometimes it seems like unless a fighter is getting knocked out that very second the crowd boos the two fighters. Very disrespectful. I find the Japanese fans (Pride, Dream) are much more respectful, and although they are often more silent they show much more appreciation for the fighters.
juanez13
6/4/08 3:00:01PM
DREAM because they are a japan based promotion, Japanese/ Asian always come across as more respectful. Like Bas rutten said on inside MMA, japanese fans know that the people inside the ring know better than they do since they are professionals, in America/ and mostly the rest, people think they know better, and its not just MMA, its every sport -football, soccer etc...and they scream things like "hit him", or boo , and just worthless coments that dont help the fighter or anyone else.
EON
6/4/08 3:00:50PM
most british and north american fans are pretty much douchers, booing and ranting when they dont get there little way

japanese fans are the ones who actually respect whats going on in the ring
bobbydoomocculta
6/4/08 11:26:06PM
The Japanese crowds are the more respectful... hands down...

American audiences will boo at anything and everything... It's bulls***...
StriderXero
6/5/08 6:33:14AM
got to go with the japanese fans........
lots of fighters prefer fighting in Japan, cus the crowd is so respectful. If I was a fighter, I'd probably prefer fighting there aswell. The only reason I would fight for an American org is if they pay better. That's about it.
Aaronno9
6/5/08 1:16:24PM
Shit, i thought the poll was for the worst fans not the best, so minus one for elite and plus .5 each for dream and the ufc. The reason id say elite is the worst it becouse i really think they get alot of attention becouse of kimbo so its obvious your going to get fans who are only their for him and will boo at anything else anyways, perfect example of this being the booing during the exchanges during lawler and smith.

The reason id be split between dream and the ufc is becouse obviously the japanease fans are more respectful and never boo, and people say they have a better understanding but im not sure if thats neccisarily true. Downside is though their really quite even when things get exciting so its not an awesome atmosphere, whereas when the ufc fans arent booing the atmosphere is insane. When i went to rapid fire in newcastle it was one of best nights i can remember just becouse of how awesome the atmosphere was.

I guess if i had to choose then id go with the ufc becouse id rather having a little booing with an overall good atmosphere, rather than no booing but not much else either. Dont get me wrong, im not saying the japanease fans dont generate any noise or anything like that, i just think the american/british grounds are louder.
Sam_Rothstein
6/27/08 4:11:34AM
dream simply because of the oriental fan base

there are a lot of insightful american mma fans, its just the majority of fans that show up to ufc events are drunks with the attention span of a goldfish

Did anyone see the UFN where a fight broke out when joe rogan was interviewing Sly Stallone