Best Equiptment?!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Best Equiptment?!!
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 4:48:31PM
What do you guys think is the best equiptment for sparring (gloves, shinguards)

I got all Twins stuff, but I really like Fairtex. What does everyone else use?
Gladiator
3/8/07 5:55:56PM
everlast is good quality. i've heard century has good equipment too.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 6:56:54PM
all the everlast stuff I've ever seen is really bad. Mind you its usually the lower end gear that I see people sporting. Their sparring gloves look like pillows attached to gloves
bayonetxwork
3/8/07 7:15:57PM
I rock some fairtex, century, and primetime gloves.

Primtime gloves are probably the best I've ever used, so if you ever need new gloves, check them out.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/9/07 12:48:22AM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Primtime gloves are probably the best I've ever used, so if you ever need new gloves, check them out.

Primetime eh.....ill check it out, I need bag gloves
whats your opinion on 16 sparring gloves
bayonetxwork
3/9/07 7:31:11PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by bayonetxwork

IMO, you can't really by that bad of a pair of sparring gloves, so I'd just hit up your local sports store like Dicks or Sports Authority and pick up a pair there(usually stock Everlast/Century products), and they are good enough for me to use for sparring and bag work. BTW, Primetime is pretty expensive so I wouldn't waste my money on just buying their gloves to use for bag work.
migo
3/9/07 11:19:01PM
Fairtex MMA gloves, not sure if they're the best but they are good and a lot of people like them.

Combat Sports Grappling Shinguards. They're excellent, don't know anything better.

Windy Muay Thai cup. I find steel cups more comfortable than plastic, even for grappling, and they're much better quality. I'm sure any steel cup would work.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/10/07 1:52:15AM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by bayonetxwork

IMO, you can't really by that bad of a pair of sparring gloves, so I'd just hit up your local sports store like Dicks or Sports Authority and pick up a pair there(usually stock Everlast/Century products), and they are good enough for me to use for sparring and bag work. BTW, Primetime is pretty expensive so I wouldn't waste my money on just buying their gloves to use for bag work.

I find most everlast 16 oz gloves arent very good