Best Combo

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best Combo
george112
8/9/07 4:03:29AM
Whats the best combo youve ever seen in MMA
Svartorm
8/9/07 4:40:52AM
Duane Ludwig vs. Shad Smith in KOTC. Shad was WAY over-matched in that fight and Ludwig was busting out 7 hit combos on the poor guy. Definitely worth a download if you haven't seen it.
hippysmacker
8/9/07 5:18:24AM
Rizzo /Barnett. Rizzo actually set him up so well, he turned him sideways and Koed him with a shot on the jaw.
peachfuzzz1305
8/9/07 5:32:38AM
The Nick Diaz VS Gomi fight

Diaz was just givin it 2 him
jomatty
8/9/07 7:38:59AM
where can you download the ludwig fight, i looked around some and could not find it

thx
gspgnp
8/9/07 8:32:10AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Rizzo /Barnett. Rizzo actually set him up so well, he turned him sideways and Koed him with a shot on the jaw.

To this day this fight still stands out in my mind as one of the greatest MMA fights of all time. It was an exciting war from start to finish and.....what a finish!
pv3Hpv3p
8/9/07 10:46:19AM

Posted by Svartorm

Duane Ludwig vs. Shad Smith in KOTC. Shad was WAY over-matched in that fight and Ludwig was busting out 7 hit combos on the poor guy. Definitely worth a download if you haven't seen it.

Excellent choice... I totally forgot about this fight... Kinda solved the age old "who wins in a fight: some street fighter vs trained muay thai guy?", lol

some of my favorites:
Gomi's 1-2 in Azeredo I
The finish of Bas vs TK
Kharitonov vs Ninja
Igor vs Bueno (ouch)
thepunisher
8/9/07 11:22:58AM
up down up down left right left right a b select start

end of thread
Svartorm
8/9/07 4:31:09PM

Posted by jomatty

where can you download the ludwig fight, i looked around some and could not find it

thx

I can't find it either. You might want to try some of Bangs highlight reels. It was in KOTC, and the guy was laying against the fence getting hammered. Bang even went into a crane stance for a minute, just to mess with the guy.
pv3Hpv3p
8/9/07 5:46:16PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by jomatty

thx

I can't find it either. You might want to try some of Bangs highlight reels. It was in KOTC, and the guy was laying against the fence getting hammered. Bang even went into a crane stance for a minute, just to mess with the guy.

I know it's on one of the cheap boxsets they put out but don't remember which (lol, I guess that doesn't help too much)... Either way they're only like 12$ if you can find em at wallmart or something... Some of them have the worst camera work I've ever experienced, but in all you can pull some good fights out of them.
DJDark41
8/9/07 5:49:55PM

Posted by thepunisher

up down up down left right left right a b select start

end of thread

KONAMI FTW!
CwB
8/9/07 5:54:10PM
I know its not really a combo but...
Anderson Silva VS. Chris Leben

That string of unanswered and accurate punches/kicks was amazing.(plus i hate leben)
TOMMYAYO05
8/9/07 6:31:10PM

Posted by Svartorm

hey i know shad smith personally and hes pretty good
Mastodon2
8/9/07 6:57:29PM
For me it's gotta be Gomi vs Pulver at Pride Shockwave 2004, Pulver's hands are good, but Gomi's are off the charts. Pulver looked like he had been hit by a meat tenderising hammer after that fight, he was so messed up. Gomi looked awesome, they hardly even tried to go to the ground, it was brutal!

juanez13
8/10/07 2:59:38PM
vitor belfort vs wanderlei silva...........lol
Svartorm
8/10/07 5:30:18PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I know it's on one of the cheap boxsets they put out but don't remember which (lol, I guess that doesn't help too much)... Either way they're only like 12$ if you can find em at wallmart or something... Some of them have the worst camera work I've ever experienced, but in all you can pull some good fights out of them.

Its on the first one with the first eight or ten KOTCs on it. Worth picking up.
JWils
8/10/07 5:30:35PM
BJ Penn's bumrush of Uno was sweet.

If I remember right Uno tried some crazy, scissor kick or flying knee to start out the fight.
Svartorm
8/10/07 5:31:35PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Didn't say he wasn't, but Ludwig is a phenominal pure striker and Shad was outclassed in that fight. Its not to say Shad is bad, but Ludwig is that good.
JWils
8/10/07 5:42:08PM
Oh yeah, got another one. Rampage's powerbomb into punches vs. Arona would have to be up there on the list of best combos......
TOMMYAYO05
8/11/07 5:07:40AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Didn't say he wasn't, but Ludwig is a phenominal pure striker and Shad was outclassed in that fight. Its not to say Shad is bad, but Ludwig is that good.

I get what your saying man and ive also seen him get the worst of some of his fights at king of the cage in saboba.
Stickan
8/11/07 5:42:26AM
The combo that Doug Marshall put down Lodune Sincaid with was pretty damn nice.