Best Coach in TUF History? (Poll)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Best Coach in TUF History? (Poll)
POLL: Who has been the best TUF coach so far?
Tito Ortiz 27% (13)
Michael Bisping 0% (0)
Chael Sonnen 48% (23)
Georges St. Pierre 8% (4)
Jason Miller 2% (1)
Other 15% (7)
Budgellism
4/3/13 9:21:52PM
With Chael looking like a good coach it got me thinking. Who has been the best coach on TUF so far and why?
sparky
4/3/13 9:31:58PM
I went with Chael
jakewalters
4/3/13 9:41:03PM
gotta go with chacha
JLS1980
4/3/13 10:23:25PM
I went with Chael. He's really an intelligent coach. Jones may be the better fighter but Chael and The Dark Side will win TUF 17.
kopower
4/3/13 10:37:22PM
Anybody remember how Couture was as a coach? Chael has been outstanding this season, but from what I recall, he has been quiet cornering a few fights. Now, I don't expect him to be Matt Serra annoying, but maybe be a bit more vocal.
shaneTpain
4/3/13 10:42:05PM
Id say its a tie between Chael & GSP.
Chael is fresh in our minds but I remember GSP being an excellent coach as well. He often made great speeches & gave thoughtful advice & he brought in top notch guest coaches as well, like that drunk monk from Paris.
FastKnockout
4/3/13 11:29:41PM
Mr. Sonnen for sure. He's had a near perfect mixture of training and emotional support. His fighters love him and are making constant improvements.
frizzzlecake
4/3/13 11:32:46PM
Sonnen or Iceman
Chael_Sonnen
4/4/13 12:19:33AM
Chael is the ALPHA and the OMEGA....the FIRST and the LAST.

Ratings for the next season have already dropped because Chael is not participating in it.

****Irrelevant coach winner would have to be Vandelay...he wins by default due to no one watching.
tcunningham
4/4/13 2:56:19AM
i gotta go with chael. i have gained a ton of respect for him since the beginning of TUF. it seems he actually cares more for these young fighters than anything else. well done Mr. Sonnen
hotrodttt
4/4/13 3:43:58AM
I went with Tito, he dominated Shamrock and made his team really close and organized. I highly suggest picking up the tuf 3 dvd's. It's one of the best seasons besides tuf 5 and tuf 17
BeeR
4/4/13 6:05:58AM
he may be a douche, and a cry baby, but Tito was an excellent coach
airkerma
4/4/13 7:41:56AM

Posted by hotrodttt

I went with Tito, he dominated Shamrock and made his team really close and organized. I highly suggest picking up the tuf 3 dvd's. It's one of the best seasons besides tuf 5 and tuf 17

But his second stint as coach was just all about "punishment" and ended up getting a few of his fighters injured due to his training style.
aussiemma
4/4/13 9:25:28AM

Posted by BeeR

he may be a douche, and a cry baby, but Tito was an excellent coach

Agree, I also liked Forrest as coach too. He was very active and involved
grappler0000
4/4/13 9:35:18AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Part of what made Tito look good was that Ken was so horribly bad.
jjeans
4/4/13 9:36:31AM
Serra for me

7-1 In Team Mojo whereby he practically coached them.
6-2 when he coached in Season 6.

Very vocal, helped his team a lot.

I voted Ortiz but forgot how unsuccessful he was against Chuck.
prozacnation1978
4/4/13 11:38:32AM
Tito did pretty good.
Sonnen as well

Worst coach may be rampage
hotrodttt
4/4/13 2:56:33PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by hotrodttt

But his second stint as coach was just all about "punishment" and ended up getting a few of his fighters injured due to his training style.

I totally forgot about him coaching 2 seasons lol
hotrodttt
4/4/13 2:57:30PM

Posted by jjeans

Serra for me

7-1 In Team Mojo whereby he practically coached them.
6-2 when he coached in Season 6.

Very vocal, helped his team a lot.

I voted Ortiz but forgot how unsuccessful he was against Chuck.

Exactly, the season with Chuck was very forgettable.
SpiderSilva
4/4/13 5:27:18PM
Tito always comes to mind. The second go around it seemed like he had a bunch of whiney crybabies. The first time he did an epic job. Tito had bisping Hamill and grove on his team. Fucking solid.
Boo_Radley21
4/5/13 12:15:12PM
Chuck and Randy were great, as was Forrest. Chael is really showing hes got it too