Big Nog 18% (6)
Chuck Liddell 9% (3)
K. Fujita 6% (2)
M. Hunt 47% (16)
Gomi 6% (2)
Other 15% (5)
hippysmacker
2/15/07 8:22:10PM
Who's got the best chin and please explain why. I'll go with Big Nog. Anybody who can take repeated shots from Sapp, Cro-cop and still come back and win is the man. In the 1rst Fedor fight his head was repeaedly bouncing off the mat and he still not only remained conscious, but kept coming. Lil No'gs is tight too, but he hasn't takn as many big shot's from as many powerful people.
loller90278
2/16/07 12:38:18AM
had to go with hunt

whoever gets hit in the head by a LHK from crocop and doesnt go down wins my vote
Savy
2/16/07 1:15:58AM
Personaly, I define "chin," as not only a fighters ability to absorb a single shot w/o being KO'd, but but also his ability to withstand punishment thoughout a fight while remaining competitive.
Gotta go w/ Nogueira.

Special shout-out to Fedor for remaining cool,calm,collected after being used as pogostick by The Monster.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Rampage_Soldier
2/16/07 1:48:15AM

Posted by loller90278

had to go with hunt

whoever gets hit in the head by a LHK from crocop and doesnt go down wins my vote

I agree.
Unkoman
2/16/07 2:37:49AM

Posted by Rampage_Soldier

Posted by loller90278

had to go with hunt

I agree.

I'll second that . The Hunt -Sefo fight in K1 was just sick.
aceprone
2/16/07 2:41:10AM
I"m going to go with Big Nog, because didn't Hunt get dropped against Cro Cop in K1 and saved by the bell the first time they met?
Svartorm
2/16/07 3:58:26AM
He got dropped but was up before the seven count, and was fine. That was K-1 though.

I went with Hunt. I've never seen him even dazed in MMA, where as when Fedor fought Big Nog, he at least looked rocked on the ground.
madmarck
2/16/07 7:43:00AM
Umm Cabbage anyone? He has only gotten KO'd by a guy who can bench 600 lbs. Cabbage a round and a half with Arlovski and Sylvia punching him in the face each. And he got up right after.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/16/07 7:52:43AM
Rampage!!!

how many knees to the face by wandy did it take to bring his down?

30?...i didnt count...
FutureLWchamp
2/16/07 8:49:03AM
i gotta say cabbage for sure, rampage 2!
loller90278
2/16/07 12:56:07PM
IMO cabbage has a good chin, but can't be considered one of the best.. almost every fight he got KO'd (most recent being by sylva in elite xc)
hippysmacker
2/16/07 2:35:13PM
I'm kind of surprised no one has picked Chuck or Gomi. They both walk through other peoples punches and hammer them. Half the time Chuck dares them to hit him , just so he can counterpunch, I'll still take Big Nog though. As for Hunt he is the only person I've ever seen eat a cro-cop LHK to the head and not get knocked down at least. It actually looked like it pissed him off to me. IMO Hunt and Fujita should almost be in their own category of best head, since I rarely see them get hit on the chin.
pv3Hpv3p
2/16/07 3:37:52PM
Would anybody consider what Eddie Sanchez took as a CC LHK???

It looked harder than when he hit that guy with the mask in Pride (Dos Caras Jr or something loke that)...

I have donned my flame resistant jacket and am prepared for the heat
Snacks
2/16/07 3:45:34PM
Hunt got dropped by Crocop in K-1 and was essentially out on his feet against LeBanner.

Nog on the other hand got flat out dropped by Josh Barnett and his noodle armed left hook.

So I'm goin with my man Mamoru.
hippysmacker
2/16/07 5:10:36PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Would anybody consider what Eddie Sanchez took as a CC LHK???

It looked harder than when he hit that guy with the mask in Pride (Dos Caras Jr or something loke that)...

I have donned my flame resistant jacket and am prepared for the heat

No I wouldn't, it was partially blocked and he was moving away. When Hunt took it he just hunched his shoulder's , absorbed it, and charged.
DoTheMMAth
2/16/07 6:30:09PM
Hunt-Cabbage, close tie, voted for Hunt.

I'm a firm believer that Chuck does not have a good chin (although he's one of my favorites). I think it is Chuck's recovery time that is so phenominal, not his chin. He gets over a heavy shot so quickly that you almost would think that he can take it, just IMHO though
OB_Juan
2/16/07 9:37:17PM
It's easily between Hunt and Nog. Both took LHKs from Mirko and won their fights. Nog got dropped on his ass by it and was saved by the bell. Hunt was barely phased after taking several of them. Hunt is my choice.
EEKS
2/17/07 11:33:26AM
Nog by a long shot hes been hit hard sooo many times and sometimes he barely flinches, like vs barnett, mirko, fedors killer ground shot right to the chin and he barely reacted, some would have gone through the ring with that one.
BrAeDeN91
2/17/07 1:45:58PM
i agree totally with loller90278
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/17/07 3:40:44PM
I have to go with Ironhead Fujita
Big Nog is awesome too
OB_Juan
2/17/07 4:19:40PM

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

I have to go with Ironhead Fujita
Big Nog is awesome too

Compare Fujita's fight w/ Wand to Hunt's fight w/ Wand. Nuf said.
shawneth
2/17/07 7:07:31PM
Although I have not seen enough of his fights to say he has the best chin... Drew McFedries showed a crazy good chin against Sakara. Wow Sakara his him with some hard shots and never dropped him. It is to my opinion that his chin won him that fight. That being said he is a potential candidate for the futur "Greatest Chin Award"