Best cardio for a HW

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best cardio for a HW
Jackelope
6/1/08 5:56:41PM
Here's a question I've never seen asked. The JT/Kimbo fight got me thinking about it. Also, who has the best cardio in general?

For heavyweights I'm going to say Randy Couture. For everyone else I'll go with either Urijah Faber or Clay Guida.
juanez13
6/1/08 6:12:32PM
Arlovski also has pretty good cardio for a HW, Vera seems to be in shape too. Fedor could also be included although he did gass against Nog the third time, he looked good against Mirko, still cant say much about his cardio nowadays, since his fights havent lasted that long. Also Kimbo displayed great cardio Yesterday, so he defenately deserves an honorable mention, as long as he keeps this up he'll be up there in no time.

as for everyone else of course the lighter weights are gonna top that list since they have less mass to carry, but in other weight classes guys like anderson silva (although fights havent lasted long enough, shown no signs of being tired), GSP is also a cardio machine, same goes for sherk (might be his best attribute), a healthy shogun has also shown great cardio. Others off the top of my head -> forrest, Fitch, Koscheck.
Jackelope
6/1/08 6:35:13PM

Posted by juanez13

Arlovski also has pretty good cardio for a HW, Vera seems to be in shape too. Fedor could also be included although he did gass against Nog the third time, he looked good against Mirko, still cant say much about his cardio nowadays, since his fights havent lasted that long. Also Kimbo displayed great cardio Yesterday, so he defenately deserves an honorable mention, as long as he keeps this up he'll be up there in no time.

as for everyone else of course the lighter weights are gonna top that list since they have less mass to carry, but in other weight classes guys like anderson silva (although fights havent lasted long enough, shown no signs of being tired), GSP is also a cardio machine, same goes for sherk (might be his best attribute), a healthy shogun has also shown great cardio. Others off the top of my head -> forrest, Fitch, Koscheck.

D'oh, I just did one of those things where you post something and somehow completely forget about one person. That one person being Sean Sherk. I say we omit him from the discussion since he takes it hands down lol.

Anyway, I don't think Kimbo showed good cardio in his fight. He practically just laid there and took his beating against JT because he was too gassed to try to get out of it. Not to mention the fact that he collapsed after the fight
juanez13
6/1/08 6:38:15PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by juanez13

Anyway, I don't think Kimbo showed good cardio in his fight. He practically just laid there and took his beating against JT because he was too gassed to try to get out of it. Not to mention the fact that he collapsed after the fight

Yea, i was joking about kimbo (sarcasm), but i dont blame you for not catching it, since sarcasm doesnt translate well through the internet
iwannabesedated
6/1/08 6:41:07PM
Big Nog.Maybe not the best cardio but def big heart as he never quits and takes a beating and then pulls off a sub..Hes a sneaky SOB
fullerene
6/1/08 8:32:36PM
I hate that he's the answer to so many "which HW has the best..." questions, but Fedor beats almost everyone else that I can think of in this category. He is able to keep his speed and to force the most advantageous distance and position to fight at from the start to the finish of his fights.

Barnett, Couture and Fujita are other guys who seem capable of setting a fast pace and outlasting their opponents at HW.
mrkennedy
6/1/08 8:50:14PM
gsp,sean sherk,

phil baroni and travis lutter
Jackelope
6/1/08 9:40:15PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by juanez13

Yea, i was joking about kimbo (sarcasm), but i dont blame you for not catching it, since sarcasm doesnt translate well through the internet

LOL, alright... I was thinking to myself (man this dude's an idiot...) Freakin internet non-sarcasm-translating son of a... haha

As for Fullerene I gotta say that when I posed the question I thought of Fedor, but his fight with Mirko made me think maybe Randy has better. Not that Fedor was fully gassed, but I thought he looked like he was gassing a bit in that fight. Granted, it was a war.
FrankTheTank1181
6/1/08 11:08:08PM
After this weekend I'm gonna have to say Nick Serra has the most superfantastic cardio known to man. | | <-- Insert Sarcasm
Manfred
6/1/08 11:17:03PM
For HWs, I'd have to say big Tim. He knows he's probably going the distance anyways and has to be ready.

as for Fedor, PRIDE's championship fights were 20 minutes and he hasn't gone the distance since CC so I can't say it's him.
SmileR
6/1/08 11:26:41PM

Posted by juanez13

Really?!
loonytnt
6/3/08 4:56:11PM
for hw i would have to say randy
vince25
6/3/08 5:19:50PM
i agree with couture for the heavys. but in general i'd say griffin, sherk, GSP, guida, and Penn (joking).
warglory
6/3/08 7:51:57PM

Posted by vince25

i agree with couture for the heavys. but in general i'd say griffin, sherk, GSP, guida, and Penn (joking).

Penn actually had great cardio in his last match.