Best camps in MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Best camps in MMA
Next Page »
hippysmacker
1/27/07 1:11:25AM
I'll rate mine. Please put best camps now, not who you thouight was the greatest trainer , family ETC.
I'm just putting my top 5
1. Militech
2. Greg Jackson's camp
3. Chute Box
4. Brazilian Top team
5. AKA
roadking95th
1/27/07 1:17:12AM
I don't know where they would rank, but you would have to give Team Quest the honor of "Biggest Balls!" Their boys are stepping up. Henderson, Lindland, and Couture. They could possibly win two out of three.
strikefirstgear
1/27/07 2:33:01AM
In no particular order

Militech for sure
American Top Team
Team Quest
Jackson Submission Fighting
And even Team Punishment
hippysmacker
1/27/07 2:41:12AM
Are all those guys still a part of team quest? I know Tanner left, I thought Randy might have since he moved to Las Vegas and opened a Gym with Bas.
nate22
1/27/07 9:23:38AM
My favourite, Killer Bee, T-Blood.
madmarck
1/27/07 9:57:10AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I'll rate mine. Please put best camps now, not who you thouight was the greatest trainer , family ETC.
I'm just putting my top 5
1. Militech
2. Greg Jackson's camp
3. Chute Box
4. Brazilian Top team
5. AKA

Not bad but i would rather think it were more like this
1. Chute Box
2. Militech
3. Red Devil Sport Club
4. Team Quest
5. American Top Team
6. Brazilian Top Team
7. Greg Jackson's submission fighting
8. AKA
madmarck
1/27/07 10:01:27AM
I really don't know how you guys didnt bring up Red Devil. I mean look at their fighters
Roman Zentsov
Andrei Semenov
Amar Suloev
Fedor Emelianenko
Aleksander Emelianenko
not to mention about 10 other guys that are at least A level.
RedScorpion
1/27/07 10:13:30AM
Chute Boxe, BTT, Red Devil Sport Club
BloodandTears
1/27/07 11:59:39AM

Posted by strikefirstgear

In no particular order

Militech for sure
American Top Team
Team Quest
Jackson Submission Fighting
And even Team Punishment

These are some great camps here.. Anyone thinking Red Devil??
BloodandTears
1/27/07 12:00:46PM

Posted by RedScorpion

Chute Boxe, BTT, Red Devil Sport Club

Dam I forgot about Chute Boxe.. These are good camps too!!
kaduey
1/27/07 2:29:10PM
Dont forget about Golden Glory in Holland.
The Overeem bros
Semmy Schilt
Gilbert Yvel
Stefan Leko
Chalid Arrab
and Heath Herring (used to train with Golden Glory)
Gomiera
1/27/07 4:49:09PM
Chutebox
BTT
Killer Bee
ATT
MFS
Jeffanori-Gomi
1/27/07 5:07:20PM
chutebox
BTT
ATT
Red Devil
MFS
Quest
TwistedTyrant
1/27/07 5:47:27PM
For me its:
1. Militech
2. Greg Jackson's camp
3. Team Quest
4. Team Punishment
hippysmacker
1/27/07 6:00:18PM
I think red Devil has the best fighter(Fedor), but I don't think anyone outside of maybe Suloev is top 10 IMO. Alek's hasn't been training with them for his last 3 fights, and I don't ssee him being in the top 10 again till he goes back to their team. As for Killer bee it's a similiar thing for me. They have KId Yamamoto , one of the best, but I wouldn't put anyone besides maybe KiKuchi in the top 10 in his weight class .I admit I don't have as much knowledge of their team, because It's harder to find Shooto DVD's and footage. Maybe one of you Killer Bee guys can enlighten me on some of thier other top fighters and where to find more good shooto footage.
nate22
1/27/07 8:47:52PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I think red Devil has the best fighter(Fedor), but I don't think anyone outside of maybe Suloev is top 10 IMO. Alek's hasn't been training with them for his last 3 fights, and I don't ssee him being in the top 10 again till he goes back to their team. As for Killer bee it's a similiar thing for me. They have KId Yamamoto , one of the best, but I wouldn't put anyone besides maybe KiKuchi in the top 10 in his weight class .I admit I don't have as much knowledge of their team, because It's harder to find Shooto DVD's and footage. Maybe one of you Killer Bee guys can enlighten me on some of thier other top fighters and where to find more good shooto footage.

Other than who you have mentioned they really only have Koutetsu Boku as stand out, I did say favourite, not best (defying point of the thread but meh). They are not the best out there at all. Boku is a killer at 155, but admitedley needs to fight a hell of alot more. Boku is arguably top ten, depending on who you talk to. (I would argue he isn't due to inactivity)

Kikuchi is rematched with Aoki again in February so that should settle a few things, Aoki just managed the victory last time (debateable) but i'm looking forward to the rematch, if you are interested in watching Shoot and Pancrease I can sort you a link to a tracker that will provide you with every fight in the whole wide world
pv3Hpv3p
1/27/07 9:50:17PM
IMO,it seemed that Chutebox and MFS (at one time held 3 of 4 belts) were the best camps in their respective orgs... But now it seems a changing of the gaurds has come about at least in the US... Jackson's camp is starting to impress people stateside, and ATT and Quest and many others are starting to come full circle and continually pump out game fighters

With that being said, my top 3:

Brazilian Top Team (Nogueria bros, Arona, Filho, Sperry, Bustamante)

Chutebox (Wandy, Rua bros, cyborg, also produced Anderson and Assuerio Silva.)

Militech Fighting Systems (Hughes, Horn, Silvia, Pat, Sometimes Rich I think too)

Honerable mentions: Greg Jackson's camp, have put along a string of impressive victory), Red Devil, Golden Glory, Quest, ATT... The list could go on and on... Oh ya...

I also think that the people Mirko is surrounding himself with good people to train with. He and Werdum exchanging knowledge of their respective specialties can only make both of the even better fighters. And I think that Zelg Galesic used to spar with him over there, and that's a fighter who people will soon hear much more about.
Sticksta13
1/27/07 9:51:07PM
Chute Boxe
nate22
1/27/07 9:52:17PM
I've heard rumours of Zelg vs Cung Le at the next Pride event, something i'll be asking Cung about in our interview..
nate22
1/27/07 9:54:00PM
Tito's camp at the moment is also looking pretty sweet, young strong fighters mixed with experience and a great coach in Ortiz himself.
hippysmacker
1/27/07 10:13:49PM

Posted by nate22

Posted by hippysmacker

Other than who you have mentioned they really only have Koutetsu Boku as stand out, I did say favourite, not best (defying point of the thread but meh). They are not the best out there at all. Boku is a killer at 155, but admitedley needs to fight a hell of alot more. Boku is arguably top ten, depending on who you talk to. (I would argue he isn't due to inactivity)

Kikuchi is rematched with Aoki again in February so that should settle a few things, Aoki just managed the victory last time (debateable) but i'm looking forward to the rematch, if you are interested in watching Shoot and Pancrease I can sort you a link to a tracker that will provide you with every fight in the whole wide world

Please send me the link. Thanks
nate22
1/27/07 10:17:27PM
Done and done.
Jeffanori-Gomi
1/27/07 10:27:42PM

Posted by nate22

Tito's camp at the moment is also looking pretty sweet, young strong fighters mixed with experience and a great coach in Ortiz himself.

I still think Tito's camp is too lay and pray based (Lister especially) but young O'brien will definitly make a splash if he evolves his game.
nate22
1/27/07 10:41:00PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by nate22

I still think Tito's camp is too lay and pray based (Lister especially) but young O'brien will definitly make a splash if he evolves his game.

True, true, hopefully Kendal and Melvin will help mix it up a little as the younger fighters.

Is lister actually in Punishment now?
tffdwg38
1/27/07 11:42:20PM
titos camp is beast
the-james
1/28/07 2:19:42PM
I dont think team punishment is on the same level as the other top camps like:

Team quest
Greg Jacksons
AKA
ATT
Chute Box
BTT

because other then Tito they have no real to pten competitors and even tito is coming of a big loss.
hippysmacker
1/28/07 4:09:02PM

Posted by the-james

Team quest
Greg Jacksons
AKA
ATT
Chute Box
BTT

because other then Tito they have no real to pten competitors and even tito is coming of a big loss.

I agree. Their 2nd and 3rd most succesful fighters Rico, Rampage, both seem to be trying a return to their previous form
Reignofterror
1/28/07 4:11:16PM
Based on Stable of Fighters, Coaching, and overall Facility

1. Miletich Fighting Systems
2. Chute Boxe
3. Brazilian Top Team
4. Red Devils
5. Team Punishment
Reignofterror
1/28/07 4:15:17PM

Posted by the-james

I think that at team punishment fighters have the poitential to gain some incredible conditional improvement in terms of the high altitude training and the hard work that Tito puts in to his camp in terms of conditioning. I do however also think that Tito is putting too much tim into marketing his clothing line rather than improve his fighters.
Jeffanori-Gomi
1/29/07 6:25:43PM

Posted by hippysmacker

You should search sherdog for the link with the young kids of Red Devils. This one kid is 17 and he KO's some dude in under a min. I swear he fights like fedor, plus the bodog team has some alright talent.
Pages: [1] 2