Best brother combo in MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best brother combo in MMA
Next Page »
POLL: Best Bro Combo in MMA (please excuse my spelling)
Emilienenko (Aleks and Fedor) 32% (18)
Noguiera (Rogerio and Rodrigo) 53% (30)
Shamrock (Frand and Ken) 14% (8)
Rua (Maricio and Murillo) 2% (1)
pv3Hpv3p
1/24/07 8:20:47PM
Never had a brother, but I could only imagine that they could make one hell of a sparring partner, so I always kind of thought that they might have a leg up on the competition. My vote goes for the Big and Little Nog with Fedor and Aleks a close second.

Please let me know if I missed anybody I should have put in there, I'll see if I can edit the poll. Thanks
hippysmacker
1/24/07 8:26:28PM
I have to go with the Nogs. Both top 5 or higher at their weight classes. Also, I think both would be in the top 25 if their ever was a world open weight grand prix.
loller90278
1/24/07 8:51:37PM
gotta vote for my favorite fighter, and the best fighter pound for pound in mma history
punisherind
1/24/07 8:59:10PM
i have to say currently, its a tie between emelienenkos and noguieras. all-time, gotta go with the shamrocks. i have no idea which to vote for?! lol.

ps: no love for the diazes? j/k
Gomiera
1/24/07 9:25:49PM
Definitely the Nog brothers.
DJNocturnal
1/24/07 10:09:51PM
Definitely the Nog brothers. If Aleks was top 5, then Fedor and him wouldve got my vote
nate22
1/24/07 10:41:13PM
It's the Nog's for me too, no point voting for Fedor on basis of his accomplishments alone. It has to be nog's.
loller90278
1/24/07 10:59:37PM
i didnt want to start a new thread so i'll post it here.

so if the rumors that alecks is coming to ufc are true, i believe he will be the next ufc champion. YES IT IS MY OPINION that he will be crocop, and yes i have seen their first fight. i really have a lot of faith in alecks and i see him being better than fedor if he just gets his act together. hes well versed in sambo, just as good as fedor but he is not mature yet as a fighter. also he doesn't train with the red devil team... let the flaming begin, but once again i think alecks will beat mirko.
nate22
1/24/07 11:41:42PM
loller, you had my respect, you just lost it.

Wy on earth would Aleks beat CC after the fight since their last?

For fcks sake be reasonable there is no reason why a sane man would think otherwise.
loller90278
1/24/07 11:49:31PM
i knew this would happen, ahahah
if you watch the fight again, alecks was presumably winning, he was the aggressor, and landed more punches and knees. of course the kick made alecks a highlight reel but as i said, if he becomes a more mature fighter and proceeds to work on his weaknesses, he should be able to beat crocop, although this is my opinion and others (probably all) will disagree. it's been a while since alecks has fought in pride or anywhere else so i hope his training would help him. on my defense, everyone thought hunt vs fedor would be a joke, and the thought of hunt actually submitting fedor was unthinkable. i know he didn't win, but the improvement from just a powerhouse k-1 kickboxer to (in some peoples eyes) a top 5 contender in very short time is remarkable. there have been greater upsets in mma history

here is the link for the fight
Youtube - Alecks vs Crocop
GoForkYourself
1/24/07 11:51:08PM
nogs, no doubt.

if aleks was better obviously the emelianenkos would have it, but he still needs a lot of work.
Sinical
1/25/07 1:02:26AM
NOGs for sure
gspfan31
1/25/07 3:22:39AM
i went with the nog brothers, i hope lil nog gets a title shot soon
RedScorpion
1/25/07 9:47:00AM
this is a hard one...i would say the Nog brothers very close with the Emelianenko's( my favorite 2 hw fighters).
--Hinch--
1/25/07 9:51:30AM
I'd say the Emilanenko's have more fighting accomplishments to their names.

The Noguiera's however have the more combined skill. (Due to Aleks' laziness bringing down the team.)
Ebeneezer
1/25/07 10:03:35AM
I would have said the Rua brothers but Ninja's current bad form drags them down.
pv3Hpv3p
1/25/07 10:52:35AM
Not gonna flame you, I think Aleks has a shot, but Mirko is just a bad style matchup for him. It's really never a good idea to stand and bang with a world class kick boxer.

Also, wasn't there some sort of visa issues with having Aleks fight in the US? I remember hearing that since he has a felony they wouldn't let him in, but I don't know if that is really how it works. I can't imagine the Japanese are very lacks on that sort of thing...
Brutalknees
1/25/07 11:55:46AM
Nogueiras, they have sick submission skills, good boxing and hard chins; it makes them very tough to beat.
loller90278
1/25/07 1:37:47PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Not gonna flame you, I think Aleks has a shot, but Mirko is just a bad style matchup for him. It's really never a good idea to stand and bang with a world class kick boxer.

Also, wasn't there some sort of visa issues with having Aleks fight in the US? I remember hearing that since he has a felony they wouldn't let him in, but I don't know if that is really how it works. I can't imagine the Japanese are very lacks on that sort of thing...

probably he was in a russian jail for like 5 years or soemthing.. that was the case also with mark hunt not being able to participate in the first US PRIDE event..we'll see how it turns out
amik
1/26/07 7:24:09AM
MMMMMMMM...

Shamrock bros they were champions.

And Frank continuous invict on ufc.

Ken in early years of UFC was a nightmare for his rivals.

pv3Hpv3p
1/26/07 1:17:15PM

Posted by amik

MMMMMMMM...

Shamrock bros they were champions.

And Frank continuous invict on ufc.

Ken in early years of UFC was a nightmare for his rivals.

I guess historically speaking, you have a point, but I think you'll have to admit that once the rest of the playing field caught up to the Shammy's they didn't seem as formidable any more. Most MMA fighters wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for the likes of the Shamrocks and the Gracies, true pioneers of the sport, but as far as champions go, Big Nog was a dominant HW champ before Fedor came along and many people will argue that Rog Nog is the #1 contender for Wandy's belt (because Silva and Shogun won't fight). So my vote sticks with them.

Unfortunately the Shamrocks have both turned into the butt of many jokes. Ken's 3 beatings he got from Tito only really tarnished the fighters previous highly held status, especially with newer fans. And his constant complaining about early stoppages (vs. Tito; vs. Saku) just make him look a little on the whiney side. And Frank just talks too much and does too little, may just be the best example of wasted potential in MMA. Damn shame.
allevil86
1/26/07 1:48:46PM
Right now I'd have to go with Rogerio and Rodrigo
CHill88
1/26/07 2:14:31PM
Nog's with ease...alexender blew it for fedor.
aceprone
1/26/07 2:31:20PM
There's one brother combo no one is talking about is the DIAZ brother's, who will rise to the likes of the Nogs or the Emelianenko brothers.....haha.... Well they possibly might go down as not being the brothers who "aren't no Bitch" quoted by Nick Diaz himself, if Nathan has the same attitude Nick does.
madmarck
1/27/07 10:47:27AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I have to go with the Nogs. Both top 5 or higher at their weight classes. Also, I think both would be in the top 25 if their ever was a world open weight grand prix.

No way. Fedor and Aleks. Clearly #1 and #6 at weight classes. Plus Fedor is pretty much unstoppable. And ALeks is the badass.
madmarck
1/27/07 10:48:35AM

We might actually see this if Nick returns to the UFC.
Nate is rumoured to be on TUF5
BloodandTears
1/27/07 11:47:00AM
Aleks and Fedor for me.. just bacause of Fedor. Could you imagine even a week of chillin with these guy's?? Good post!:)
goldenman
1/27/07 3:06:17PM
Big and Little Nog. there both at the very top of there weight class
cowcatcher
1/27/07 3:53:38PM
sly and frank stallone, seriously it's gotta be the shamrocks based on their whole body of work, but the nogs can surpass them if they continue to win, maybe even by the end of the year
hippysmacker
1/27/07 7:07:13PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by hippysmacker

No way. Fedor and Aleks. Clearly #1 and #6 at weight classes. Plus Fedor is pretty much unstoppable. And ALeks is the badass.

I disagree. Alek's has lost 2 of his last 3 fights, and no longer trains with Fedor, Fedor even smacked him some in interviews. Until he goes back to Red Dvil I don't see him in the top 10.
Pages: [1] 2