the best beat-down artists in the business...top 10.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » the best beat-down artists in the business...top 10.
jawbreaker517
7/11/08 11:38:12AM
there are alot of tough-ass dudes out there that would tear your head off and shit down your neck, but lets take a look at some of the toughest. here are my top 10, 10:diego sanchez(some of the best killer instinct in the cage), 9:clay guida, 8:houston alexander(when he wins), 7:michael bisping(at 185), 6: forrest griffin, 5:chris leben(wild man!), 4:GSP, 3:rampage, 2:anderson silva, 1:wanderlei silva
big_timmy
7/11/08 11:46:12AM
no chuck?
jawbreaker517
7/11/08 11:50:33AM
i was contemplating chuck, but he is more of a counterpuncher(still can dish an ass-whuppin", as rampage would say).
big_timmy
7/11/08 11:59:59AM
beat down... as in what he did to Tito, randy, randleman, Babalu, Wandy was a beatdown, it just happened to be against the one dude with a head hard enough to handle it.
Khaos
7/11/08 12:03:18PM
I'd add Guillard, he maybe cocky but his KO's are brutal
Jason-plata
7/11/08 12:06:29PM
1) Rampage
2) Wandy
3) Randy
4) Fedor
5) Nick Diaz
6) Crocop
7) Anderson Silva
8) Rich Franklin
9) Uriah Faber
10) Miguel Torres
JBatch
7/11/08 12:37:31PM
Chuck Liddell
Wanderlei Silva
Anderson Silva
Fedor Emelianenko
Nick Diaz
GSP
Chris Leben
Brian Stann
Andrei Arlovski
Marcus Davis

No particular order
The_Ho_Bag
7/11/08 12:39:25PM

Posted by Jason-plata

1) Rampage
2) Wandy
3) Randy
4) Fedor
5) Nick Diaz
6) Crocop
7) Anderson Silva
8) Rich Franklin
9) Uriah Faber
10) Miguel Torres

lol still no chuck

1.) Wandy
2.)Page
3.)Fedor -alothough he has taken some beating to win
4.)GSP
5.)CC-Pride + k-1 cc
6.)Liddell
7.)Shogun Rua
8.)A.Silva
9.)Hendo
10.)Shinya Aoki- just for sick ass subs
JBatch
7/11/08 12:42:41PM

Posted by big_timmy

beat down... as in what he did to Tito, randy, randleman, Babalu, Wandy was a beatdown, it just happened to be against the one dude with a head hard enough to handle it.

My favourite beatdown of Chucks is when Horn chirped and said Chuck couldn't put him down then Chuck just dropped him over and over and madde him get up and take more punishment.
jawbreaker517
7/11/08 1:25:24PM
i dont take anything away from chuck, but he only started a flurry of punches after he hurt tito
big_timmy
7/11/08 1:39:45PM
Thats still a beat down any day of the week in my hood.
jawbreaker517
7/11/08 1:57:38PM
are there hoods in australia?
Bowen50
7/11/08 1:59:10PM
Couture
GSP
BJ Penn
Anderson Silva
Chuck
Fedor
Rampage
Wanderlei
Cro Cop
Urijah Faber

No particular order
balack_o-bama
7/11/08 2:34:30PM
BJ Penn
Anderson Silva
Thiago Silva
Pookie
7/11/08 2:46:54PM
Top Per Weight Class
HW - Cro-cop
LHW - Wandy
MW - Robbie Lawler
WW - Alves
LW - Bj Penn / JZ
mrsmiley
7/11/08 3:30:20PM
In no order

Crocop (Best head kick in the business)

Igor Vovchanzchen (for his time had the heaviest hands around)

Wanderlei Silva (The Axe Murderer.Nearly knocked out every citizen of the country of Japan.)

Gary Goodridge (For a very long time he was considered one of the best strikers in the game.Remember in Pride when he kept screaming at Amire to hit him in the face,right before knocking him sensless??)

Melvin Manhoef (Brutal and fast.Has some of great KO victories)

Chuck Liddell( His fist lead him to the LHW title.His second win against Babulu proved how scary Chuck was as a striker)

Tank Abbott (The original knockout artist of the UFC.)

Gilbert Yvel ( Very underrated and one of the best strikers I have seen in MMA)

Bas Rutten (though he become known for his grappling as well,he was knocking out people with an open fist when people didn't think it could happen.Made the liver kick famous.)

Shogun (the guy has TKO and KO wins all over his record.vicious kicks)
Cdellorso
7/11/08 3:33:58PM
horn was out of his league- i love the guy for his heart and what he did for the sport but that CHIRPPING was via Danas orders... hyping a bad fight... Now horn does not seem to have the will to train right and even be in shape...

loved the old Gumby not loving him so much these days.
tylerlee123
7/11/08 5:42:04PM
Yea sanchez is pretty brutual he always goes for that crazy flying knee when he knocks down his opponents, pretty sweet
DangerousDjohn
7/11/08 5:50:51PM
THIAGO ALVES
Aaronno9
7/11/08 5:56:23PM
Rich Franklin (absolutely wrecked quarry, the crow, mcdonald, tanner (2x), dewees and shamrock)

Chuck Liddell (You can argue he only beat up grapplers, but beat them up is really what he did)

Anderson silva (Straight up wrecking machine)

Wandy + shogun (Straight up all out aggression, awesome to watch)

B.J Penn (When hes on his game, you better remove the mirrors from your house, becouse hes going to mess you up)

Andrei Arlovski (People say hes lost his fire, but i think he'll get it back, and when he has it he could beat the shit out of most HW)

Diego Sanchez (You fight this guy, you going to be pressured start to finish, no matter where the fight goes)

Kid (nothing needs to be said about this guy)

Thiago Alves (I really see this guy mauling alot of guys in the future)

The list could go on and on, but these are the guys who immediately popped into my head.
jawbreaker517
7/11/08 6:00:59PM
true, true
DiabloFreak56
7/11/08 10:01:56PM
anderson silva
gsp
couture
fedor
nick diaz
bj penn
Rampage