Best armbar escapes

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Best armbar escapes
ICSlegend
4/21/08 1:12:29PM
When Franklin escaped Lutter's armbar, that was insane! Immaculate escape. Franklin is far from done.

Any other matches that put you in awe from an armbar escape?

For those that didn't see it - In sambo Aleks almost escapes a Fedor armbar , it's mint too - starts at about 58 seconds - http://youtube.com/watch?v=B5pQSwdSKK0

jiujitsufreak74
4/21/08 1:19:35PM
Best armbar escape...ummmm...i'm going to have to go with my boy Rampage on that one

Just ask Arona...he was grabbing for the arm, but as soon as he did he went for a ride

also can't forget when he picked up his opponent and put him over the ropes
wolfman
4/21/08 1:23:52PM
Awesome slam!
Ordep
4/21/08 1:25:03PM
nothing against Franklin... but note that Lutter never locked the second leg over the body, that made it easier.
billycarnage
4/21/08 2:52:28PM
Hughes over Carlos Newton. It may have been more of a choke but if it had stayed on the mat I am sure Newton would have ripped his arm off.
ICSlegend
4/21/08 4:25:57PM

Posted by Ordep

nothing against Franklin... but note that Lutter never locked the second leg over the body, that made it easier.

Might not have been textbook, but I've seen guys get submitted with just one leg over!
juanez13
4/21/08 7:08:22PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Best armbar escape...ummmm...i'm going to have to go with my boy Rampage on that one

Just ask Arona...he was grabbing for the arm, but as soon as he did he went for a ride

yea that was against Sakuraba, too bad he ended up being chocked after

another good armbar escape was from TUF 6, remember when tommy spear got out of that tight arm bar ben saunders had him in, tough kid, too bad being tough doesnt win you fights Bisping did pretty well getting out of that armbar against Mccarthy too.....

However, the best arm bar escape EVER, was when Hong man choi escaped the first arm bar attemp for fedor
hotrodttt
4/21/08 7:24:13PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Yeah Sakuraba , and I was suprised that they didn't give Rampage a Yellow Card

Edit : Juanez beat me to it